DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - DIVISIONAL ROUND

Dolfan in NYC

Some were nervous about CMC scoring to early. I say he did the right thing. It was a clutch moment in a Kyle Shanahan coached game where they had the chance to run the ball for a touchdown. Never pass that up lol! Besides Jones was really who was gashing the 49ers, not Love. With him then eliminated you saw the results.

I can't believe it came that close to the fucking Packers moving on to the NFC Championship game. I mean, I would have loved it just for the hilarity of Rodgers doing fucking nothing this year and his former team getting one step away from the Super Bowl, and the potential for the Lions of all teams to beat the Packers, become the new kings of the north, and move onto the Super Bowl.

Now let's go fucking Bills. Get this shit done.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't believe it came that close to the fucking Packers moving on to the NFC Championship game. I mean, I would have loved it just for the hilarity of Rodgers doing fucking nothing this year and his former team getting one step away from the Super Bowl, and the potential for the Lions of all teams to beat the Packers, become the new kings of the north, and move onto the Super Bowl.

Now let's go fucking Bills. Get this shit done.

Or even better, if the Packers would’ve beaten the Lions (again), gone to the Super Bowl, and all you bitter Bears fans could wallow in your tears as you search for your 800th new QB…

I couldn’t decide who I was rooting for between the same old annoying Packers fans saying the game was just over after they got a few first downs, and the 49ers who would have been beat the first time without Fraudgers giving it to them.

Love is catching hell which is dumb. They were going to have to try something that was slightly against the perfect efficient quarterback rules textbook somewhere in the last minute of that game to win it. I know it didn’t have to be when Love did but that’s armchair to act like the game was just in the bag had he not threw it then.

I’m definitely rooting for the Bills later but if they win it’s just going to be sad watching everything else. The Bills, Ravens (the ones without a ring especially Jackson), Bucs (Baker ftw) and Lions all deserve it. I don’t think we will have seen the last of the Bucs of Lions if they lose but sustained success isn’t exactly their thing. Everybody left who doesn’t win the SB could break.

Just now, elizium said:

Big Time Wrestling name drop by Collinsworth

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. It wasn’t because of the reference, but because it came from a mouth that’s never said anything useful or sounded like it wasn’t full of turds.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. It wasn’t because of the reference, but because it came from a mouth that’s never said anything useful or sounded like it wasn’t full of turds.

He referenced Big Time Wrestling during the Lions/Chiefs game that opened the season as well.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He referenced Big Time Wrestling during the Lions/Chiefs game that opened the season as well.

Announcers in that age group usually reference whatever the local wrestling was called when they were growing up, Bill Cowher has tossed out “Studio Wrestling” from time to time. 

Detroit should've run on 3rd and 1 in their last possession. And their brutal secondary got exposed on the touchdown drive by Tampa. 

We've got a ballgame. 

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

Lions with some prevent offense on the first 3 downs at the goalline before deciding to not throw the ball through the endzone on 4th down

I was yelling at the screen for them to run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down. So frustrating. At least they scored. 

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

He was down and the rules expert just agreed, but when so few people even recognize the bad call before they slo mo it on TV you can’t complain IMO. It also took forever to run the next play. 

I think they should have challenged but I don't think they would have won it. He was down but... 

I have to say it again - this is great no matter what the experts or the stat sheets say. Offenses respond late in big games if they’re worth any kind of shit, no matter what as long as they’re in the game. The 49ers did it last night and both offenses in this one are doing it tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1