DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Pete

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The WCC is voting tomorrow on adding Oregon State and Washington State non-football sports for next season.

Interesting. Been a decade since WSU played Gonzaga despite their proximity. 

ODU Head Coach Jeff Jones had a heart attack on Wednesday night

He is expected to make a full recovery

ODU is currently in Honolulu for a tournament and was set to play TCU on Thursday. As of now - all three of their games in the tournament are still planned to be held

Side note - Jones started as coach of American right when I stopped working there which was almost 25 fucking years ago.

Illinois men's basketball star Terrence Shannon Jr. has been suspended from all team activities after he was charged with rape, the school announced Thursday.

A warrant for Shannon's arrest was issued by the Douglas County (Kansas) district attorney's office Wednesday over an alleged sexual assault that happened in September. According to jail records, Shannon turned himself in and was arrested in Lawrence, Kansas, on Thursday morning on a charge of "rape; sexual intercourse without consent and use of force."

The university said in a statement that the alleged incident occurred while Shannon was in Lawrence to attend the Illinois at Kansas football game. The school noted that Shannon was "not in Lawrence on official University business, nor was he a member of the University's travel party."

Grambling women beat College of Biblical Studies 159-18

It is the largest margin of victory in D1 Women's Basketball history

The College of Biblical Studies is based in Houston and plays in the Southwest Region of the Division II National Christian College Athletic Association.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Tabe said:

I know they reviewed it and all but ESPN's graphic was at 0.0 for the time before she shot the ball. 

It's not uncommon for the clock in a graphics package to not be synced with the official game clock and for someone from the production team to be running it separate from the actual game clock. How close the graphics clock will be depends on how quick the production staff is, if they don't have it synced to the game clock. In some packages, there actually isn't a clock programmed, and there's a fixed cam on the game clock instead, but those are fairly antiquated.

Providence's star forward Bryce Hopkins will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee

On 1/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, RIPPA said:

Grambling women beat College of Biblical Studies 159-18

It is the largest margin of victory in D1 Women's Basketball history

The College of Biblical Studies is based in Houston and plays in the Southwest Region of the Division II National Christian College Athletic Association.

I never thought we'd see a worse women's basketball beating than when Sienna beat Great Lakes Christian 91-1 a few years back.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I never thought we'd see a worse women's basketball beating than when Sienna beat Great Lakes Christian 91-1 a few years back.

Not making a field goal the entire game seems worse. 

56 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Gonzaga might not be ranked after losing a conference game while at #23

Don't deserve to be. They sucked tonight. And multiple other nights this season. They have no one who can shoot, don't play good defense, don't run, and disappear for long stretches. And STILL could have won if they'd made 2 free throws while up 1 with 15 seconds left. 

Gonzaga will be lucky to make the tournament. 

If someone had told me after Juwan Howard's first year how quickly I would want to see one of my childhood heroes fired I never would've believed them. Between his violent temper and off court behavior and the way he's collapsed the program... Hell even concern about his long term health.

I don't suppose Beilein wants to come back?

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

If someone had told me after Juwan Howard's first year how quickly I would want to see one of my childhood heroes fired I never would've believed them. Between his violent temper and off court behavior and the way he's collapsed the program... Hell even concern about his long term health.

He should've been fired a LONG time ago. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

in a surprise, Harbaugh becomes the Basketball coach too