DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

My Seminoles trying to ruin their own lives again. It was 22-0 because we ran the ball and didn’t quit running it until it quit working. So yeah that’s when you go ahead and pass, but you don’t sell out to it. Now it’s 29-17 but only because the 1 time we ran the ball Benson broke it for a 62 YD TD. In the meantime Wilson got hurt and Travis almost got hurt, and it’s getting chippy. Watch we’re going to lose somebody else if they don’t go on and run this out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

My Seminoles trying to ruin their own lives again. It was 22-0 because we ran the ball and didn’t quit running it until it quit working. So yeah that’s when you go ahead and pass, but you don’t sell out to it. Now it’s 29-17 but only because the 1 time we ran the ball Benson broke it for a 62 YD TD. In the meantime Wilson got hurt and Travis almost got hurt, and it’s getting chippy. Watch we’re going to lose somebody else if they don’t go on and run this out. 

We have these quarters or Halfs that is going to bite us in the ass this sometime this year. 

• Like 1

This week has definitely been the "They are what we thought they  were" for a ton of teams.  All hopes people had for teams like Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri, and Washington State were taken care of

Edited by hammerva

36 minutes ago, hammerva said:

This week has definitely been the "They are what we thought they  were" for a ton of teams.  All hopes people had for teams like Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri, and Washington State were taken care of

Louisville, on the other hand, just might be ready for a lot more respect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also Miami lost for a hilariously stupid reason

Someone needs to be fired for that like what happened after the Miracle At The Meadowlands where the offensive coordinator got sacked the next day.

• Like 2

Didn't Cristobol lose a game at Oregon in a really similar way?

Edit: he did! Against Stanford in 2018, though it wasn't as egregious. We're up three at about midfield, but the Cardinal did have a timeout. They couldn't have drained the entire clock kneeling, but could've taken it down to about 16 seconds and then punted. Instead, fumble, turnover, field goal, lost in OT.

Edited by Brian Fowler

PAC-12 AFTER DARK~!

oh how I'll miss you

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What the fuck is USC doing?

Edit: Holy fuck

Teams suddenly throwing when the run is winning the game for them is a pet peeve of mine but that poor 1st Down decision to throw is only the third worst thing about U$C's end of game sequence.

Has it been so long since they've had to play a non-blowout they've actually forgotten how to close out a game?

Incomplete Pass on 1st down when you're close enough to run it in, fumbled exchange on 2nd down, clocking it on 3rd when you've got a time out, and an atrociously bad snap leading to a blocked FG on 4th.  Crazy.

7 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

PAC-12 AFTER DARK~!

oh how I'll miss you

Teams suddenly throwing when the run is winning the game for them is a pet peeve of mine but that poor 1st Down decision to throw is only the third worst thing about U$C's end of game sequence.

Has it been so long since they've had to play a non-blowout they've actually forgotten how to close out a game?

Incomplete Pass on 1st down when you're close enough to run it in, fumbled exchange on 2nd down, clocking it on 3rd when you've got a time out, and an atrociously bad snap leading to a blocked FG on 4th.  Crazy.

Yeah. The "wtf" was after the fumble and letting the clock almost run out, but before the field goal disaster. This game was fun but not weird until the last minute and a half of regulation. Then it went full weird.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

USC escapes by the skin of their teeth (I'm still not sure Williams was actually in on that last play by them, but oh well.)

I'm biased because I think it's lame that that wave it over the pylon shit even counts as a TD by rule in the first place, but I think that could've stood to be reviewed longer than it seems to have been.