DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON 2023

RIPPA

On 12/29/2023 at 10:30 AM, TimLivingston said:

I have to imagine the Reds will answer the call. He’s still such a good fit even if he’s not an everyday player. 

When you've got a chance took sign a guy coming off back-to-back seasons hitting under .210 AND is old enough to remember the first Olympics, you can't pass it up! 

Edited by Tabe
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sure.. why the fuck not?

I'm into it for 10 mil a year. He had his healthiest year in a while last year and los Bravos are apparently employing Hoodoo magic on these contract year guys. Vaughn Grissom might not be a good enough defender to play anywhere on the infield at the big league level and the Braves are pretty set everywhere. This is a medium risk/high reward deal for the Braves.

As a Braves fan, I feel bad about them trading away Grissom but he just never found a place in the Braves line-up and there didn't appear to be any holes opening up within the next few years that he could fill. He was just going to be a AAA/utility guy even though I do think he is talented. Hope he finds success in Boston but picking up a solid SP is a good trade for them.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know it was largely a salary dump but I'm sure the combined 19 games the Ms get from Haniger  in between IL stints and the 5 starts from DeSclafani before he goes on the IL too will be great

Continuing their streak of signing questionable former Oakland pitchers - the Mets have signed Sean Manaea to a two year deal worth $28 million

Teoscar Hernandez to the Dodgers

1 year, $23.5 million

$8.5 million is deferred because clearly LA is challenging the other owners to do something about it

So the deal with the Cubs and Imanaga is amazingly complicated

Apparently it can be anywhere between 2-4 years and $30 million and $80 million

The deadline for avoiding arbitration has moved to today

It was originally set for tomorrow but apparently the league and MLBPA agreed last month to move it today at 1 PM

Otherwise, everyone will exchange arbitration figures by 8 PM tonight

On 1/10/2024 at 8:59 AM, RIPPA said:

So the deal with the Cubs and Imanaga is amazingly complicated

Apparently it can be anywhere between 2-4 years and $30 million and $80 million

Okay - here are the annoying details

4 years, $53 million guaranteed

The Cubs have two chances to pick up a an option for 2028. (This happens after the 2025 season and the 2026 season). If the Cubs decline the option then Imanaga can opt out and become a FA

52 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Bud Harrelson passed away earlier this week.

He also passed away the post before you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The only man in a Mets uniform for both World Series victories (69 as a player, 86 as a coach), RIP.