DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/24 - 7/30/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Becky/Zoey was good. The two gelled quite well and Zoey got in quite the showcase despite Becky coming at her fired up throughout.

Dom/Sami was good stuff and easily the best of Dom's NA title matches so far.

Bronson/Ciampa was good. 

Rhea's attack on Liv was good. Felt like something done with Liv either on her way out or her way to major match against Reha at a big PLE months form now. Not sure which.

Priest/Crews was fine.

Drew/Ludwig was another good match. Corey as Ludwig on commentary was weird, especially with how well he pulled it it off.

Final segment with Seth ad Judgement Day was fine, nothing super standout. 

• Like 4

Sami/Dom was a banger. Best match of Dom’s career. He has really leveled up. He is really nailing the intricacies of timing and knowing when to do taunts and to slow things down to build a comeback for the face and etc. When you can do all that and lean into the heat you get from awesome character shtick, he just needs to be credible enough athletically to let someone like Sami get him over the finish line with a free match of the week candidate. Great stuff.

Kudos to Liv for doing such a huge job putting Rhea’s arm attack over. Man, I thought she really busted up her arm the way she was screaming. She was acting like when I saw someone fall off their bike once .Rhea telling her “Have fun at rehab!” was a great taunt.

• Like 3

Dug the opening segment with Dom, Rhea, Wes, and Ali. Its probably the best talking Wes has done.

Melo/Trick/Ilja vs. Schism was solid. Dug how events here were used to play into the final segment for the night with the Trick/Ilja fight.

Wagner/Javi was short. Bron taking out Wagner after the powerbomb through the table was surprising.

Skipped Stevenson's segment until Corbin came out. Not a bad debut opponent for him.

Cora/Dana was fine. Kind of hated seeing Cora lose, but that is mostly because I see no value in Dana at this point. She is like Ziggler where it would be nice for them to leave WWE to freshen things up. The crowd at least didn't hate her here like they did in the first match with Cora.

Tony/Stacks vs. Nima/Price was solid and a way better showcase for Nima and price than their match against Axiom and Reggie.

The Meta-Four segment was fun. Looking forward to the mixed tag though I'm surprised they aren't saving it for next Tuesday.

The Roxanne/Blair brawl was fun and a much better showcase of an aggressive Roxanne than what she has brought before in NXT.

Rhea/Lyra was pretty good and one of Lyra's best showings in NXT.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

I thought so from the backstage scene from a few weeks ago but 2 of the guys in the Schizm followers are Brutus and Julius right? From the scene they lingered around at the end and Brutus has a unique enough frame that it had to be him and you just figure the other guy was Julius based on the size. And tonight it really seemed like it. So they finagle their way back and finally send GYV off at the next PLE?

• Like 2

Moving to only one belt for Roman slowly?

L.A. Knight did some kinda Stone Cold Cutter. That's cool.

Charlotte is based for pinning the women tag champ. Love that stuff.

WWE books Joshi better than AEW.

Enjoyed Grayson Walker mocking the peoples elbow.

Jey has a good spear. The last segment was great.

• Like 2

Rey/Santos was pretty solid until the injury. Looks like Rey will be fine, but its a shame they didn't end it however they were hoping to. You could tell Santos was disappointed the way Rey was consoling him. 

The setup for Charlotte/Bianca vs. Sonya/Chelsea was fun. The match was even more fun. Its good to see Chelsea and Sonya finally have a match where the crowd was invested even if it was more about Charlotte and Bianca than the champs. 

Kross/Anderson was a short semi-competitive squash. Wasn't bad while it lasted.

Jey/Waller was pretty solid. Loved the ending segment. Its amazing how well they have done in building Jey up as interesting and credible to the crowd. I love that spear/spike combo Roman and Solo use.

• Like 2