DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Holy shit, dudes.  One of the confirmed Easter eggs in Starfield is:

Spoiler

The return of the "adoring fan" from TES: Oblivion. Craig Sechler is back to provide the voice work.

I am all in.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, dudes.  One of the confirmed Easter eggs in Starfield is:

Hide contents

The return of the "adoring fan" from TES: Oblivion. Craig Sechler is back to provide the voice work.

I am all in.

Yeah, I noticed that during the 45 minute long video or however long it was. 

BTW, just for you, I would say wait on Baldur's Gate 3. I bought it in early access years ago and every now and then, maybe once a month, I go back to it and it still feels like a mess. The camera is really, really bad still. I still get stuck on environments or can't even see what's attacking me sometimes and that's stuff that happened when it first came out in early access. I'm really hoping that this stuff gets ironed out, but they've had years to do it and compared to something like Divinity 2 or even Baldur's Gate 2, they have a ways to go.

• Like 2

I may have to rethink my irrational hatred of Avowed since I have heard that it takes place in the Pillars of Eternity game setting and that is one of the few Obsidian titles that I do not despise with all of my heart.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That's in the Starfield Direct, if you haven't watched it yet. 

I am on server update seventeen of thirty five so no, I haven't watched it yet.  Your US tax dollars are hard at work.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I am on server update seventeen of thirty five so no, I haven't watched it yet.  Your US tax dollars are hard at work.

If you want to talk about that, you should hear how we ALL spent yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If you want to talk about that, you should hear how we ALL spent yesterday. 

I just got off of two straight weeks of swing shift running a command post exercise.  I have done my bid for my country..

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I noticed that during the 45 minute long video or however long it was. 

BTW, just for you, I would say wait on Baldur's Gate 3. I bought it in early access years ago and every now and then, maybe once a month, I go back to it and it still feels like a mess. The camera is really, really bad still. I still get stuck on environments or can't even see what's attacking me sometimes and that's stuff that happened when it first came out in early access. I'm really hoping that this stuff gets ironed out, but they've had years to do it and compared to something like Divinity 2 or even Baldur's Gate 2, they have a ways to go.

As a counter to this: I’ve done the early access “campaign” to completion 4 or 5 times and have had zero of these issues, even when I was on my old shitty laptop that was barely capable of playing it. No issues with the camera, nothing close to the get stuck in environment or can’t see what’s attacking me problem.

Not sure why our experiences vary so much. Game runs like a dream on my current rig.

My Starfield headset and controller arrived. They are fucking dope. My daughter looked at them too and was like, "those look really cool, what are they for?" So I told her and now she's all jazzed to play Starfield when it comes out.

Although, at the same time, she remarked that it reminds her a lot of No Man's Sky.

• Like 3

OH...There's one really weird thing with the headset. You can't adjust the fit while it's on your head. It feels like some kind of black magic fuckery, but I've tried pushing and pulling each side into the headband while it's on my head and it won't budge. When I take them off, I can freely adjust them. That part kind of sucks.

I have my pre-order in for Starfield.  The premium bundle just doesn't move me.  I don't need art books or soundtracks.  i will be a cost prohibitive idiot and just buy the add ons when I feel like buying them regardless of the price.

I know that I probably won't be able to play on launch day because of the annual military drills that South Korea and the US hold every August and the event lasts through the first week of September.  When the NK's go bugfuck crazy in late summer, and they will, think of your homie doing the Lord's work at Camp Casey... just south of the fucking DMZ.

Stressful as it may be, the danger pay is fucking tremendous so it's kinda worth it.  It's not like I won't get the chance to play at all though.  I'm taking my S/X with me when I go TDY.

I am sure my siblings will gift me the usual XBox monies card for either my birthday or Christmas, so I'll use that to get Phantom Liberty and something else.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

Getting this in before completely overrun with Nintendo things

Immortals of Aveum has been delayed a month.

New release date is August 22 (was July 20)

For context - Armored Core comes out August 25, Baldur's Gate 3 leaves Early Access on August 31 and Starfield releases Sept 6

So what I am saying is that this game is now dead on arrival

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think Aveum will eventually find it's spot as a $40 title, which probably will happen not too long after it's released I'd imagine.

Yeah, it's something that if they delay the Twitch influencer push, could find a life and popularity in the post-holiday season.

There's also something really weird to Gloomhaven being on the Switch. I own the board game. I own it on the PC and bought copies of it for a few friends. I doubt I buy this on the Switch too. I've already invested nearly $300 into the game. That's probably enough.