DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/19 - 12/25/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Red King said:

Raw ratings are back up.

NXT went up.

The Dec 30th Smackdown will be nearly sold out.

Current Setup/Capacity 12,517

Tickets Distributed  12,089

4,600 tickets moved since the Cena announcement.

Meltzer made a comment a few days ago that WWE is moving tickets consistently until the day of shows and even does strong walk-up business on the day of the event.  AEW, by contrast, moves their tickets when they first go on sale, then ticket sales slow to a crawl. 

• Like 1

SMACKDOWN IS TAPED!  It's the Usos versus Hit Row!  Hit Row are The Public Enemy in the ring but without Ted Petty.  This was pretty okay.  It's a gauntlet match!  Emma and Xia Li do some wrestling and Emma is eliminated pretty quickly.  It's Tegan Nox!  She gets eliminated! Raquel Rodriguez!  She gets in a Powerbomb and gets the pin on Li.  It's Liv Morgan!  So the Smackdown ladies are definitely a step down from the RAW ladies.  This section of the match is good.  NASTY Superplex by Rodriguez.  Morgan applies the Rings of Saturn!  Rodriguez gets out of it somehow.  They do stuff.  Rodriguez wins with a THING?  That whole section got weird.  It's Sonya Deville!  Deville versus Rousey would be good.  Rodriguez is fun wrestling with one arm.  Rodriguez must use both arms to hit her finisher usually because it looked odd tonight.  This is quite the placeholder episode of SMACKDOWN.  Rey Mysterio wrestles Angel.  Great DDT by Rey for the win!  It's Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci takes Brawn Strowman and Ricochet!  Strowman sell well for a big dude.  Effective use of the Christmas trees!  HEY!  Vinci BLEEDS!  It IS a streetfight!  A ballerina.  The New Day are nutcrackers!  The horniness of Ricochet after getting a kiss from his girlfriend to make him destroy Imperium is HEARTWARMING!  That was a very goofy match.  It really saved the bacon of the episode.

• Like 3

Sami's opening promo was pretty good. Loved the fire in him to finally rid himself of KO. 

Usos vs. Hit Row was decent. Hit Row are ok, but they aren't ready for a match like this without a more skilled vet in the group to lead.

Gauntlet match was mostly decent with the Liv/Raquel portion being good. Only wish Raquel had a second finisher where she didn't need both arms. All of her one armed powerbombs were more awkward due to having to sell a messed up left arm.

Rey/Angel was solid but quick.

Braun/Ricochet vs. Imperium was good fun. Nice brawl all around and the later bits with New Day and Ricochet's girlfriend were fun kind of dumb.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Sami's promo was " pretty good"?  Motherfucker, that promo was STRAIGHT FUCKING FIRE. Shit, it was so great Roman was behind him breaking over how great it was. 

Roman showing open pride in Sami during that made it all the better.

15 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I love this.

Yeah, this is wrestling camp ridiculousness at a very high level. 

The peak for me is probably “The Date” with Flair and Precious and JJ wanting to watch from the closet. This is a solid 8 out of 10. It would have clocked higher if Rey was wearing an ugly Christmas sweater.

My favorite part is the quick response time from law enforcement in the community the Mysterios live. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Yeah, this is wrestling camp ridiculousness at a very high level. 

The peak for me is probably “The Date” with Flair and Precious and JJ wanting to watch from the closet. This is a solid 8 out of 10. It would have clocked higher if Rey was wearing an ugly Christmas sweater.

My favorite part is the quick response time from law enforcement in the community the Mysterios live. 

The best part is Rhea Ripley CHANNELING a Florida Woman!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

The best part is Rhea Ripley CHANNELING a Florida Woman!

My mother-in-law lives in Florida. She has a friend who told us about the time she had to have her daughter arrested at a family function. Rhea’s performance seems pretty accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

apparently all Quincy Wilson wanted for Christmas was to see his WWE career explode in about 6 hours on Twitter.   man so bored he was using burner accounts shitting on everyone 

Quincy Elliott?

23 hours ago, nofuture said:

Eh, thought Dom’s performance was nicely restrained while Rhea chewed every bit of scenery in sight.

I seldom find WWE comedy amusing, but this has several lol moment.  Dom exclaiming “Mommy slapped Mami!” had me rolling.  

Missed opportunity not to have Rey dressed in festive Christmas colors.  Maybe he’d look too much like an elf.

I was amused at how nonchalant the police were about taking the word of a dude wearing a mask in his own house.

Edited by Mario
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I would also love to see the call between Rhea with Finn and Priest — do they fumble with trying to do a three way call on an iPhone or does The Judgment Day use some kind of conference line system? 

There are definitely two group chats - one with Dom, and one without.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2