DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't know what this is in response to, but you're 100% right.
  3. LU didn't get really good until Matanza Cueto showed up, IMO. The problem with LU was that it got good in season two, stayed good in season three, and then fell off a cliff in season four. AEW, on the other hand, seems to be coming in hot, though of course that's off the back of one-off shows and not weekly TV like Nitro was doing when it started hot.
  4. Masai is staying in Toronto! HUZZAH!!!
  5. Just popping in to post that I was able to snag a ticket to the Super J cup show at SFSU. Meltzer noted in his update that the WA show tix were on sale, but within the same link/ release the other shows' ticket links were included. I bought last night, and double checking today, the SF show is listed as SOLD OUT.
  6. It's got a way better chance. Hell, it's on a network available in more than ten homes.
  7. Well for starters AEW isn't in a contract situation with AAA like LU was so for that I like their chances. At least if things go belly up with the AAA collaboration they won't be up shit creek. And yeah, I think I'm trying to get people into it like you were with LU. But I also feel way more optimistic about their chances than I did with LU even though some friends dug the first two seasons.
  8. Seth can't blame creative (I suppose he could but..) so who else is left to blame? The fans. But here's the thing, the match received those chants because it was a fucking terrible boring mess. Nobody cares about Corbin. Sorry, I know some people like her character but nobody cares about Lacey Evans either. They proceed to have this terribly booked predictable match that really belonged on maybe an episode of RAW, not a PPV main event. So of course fans were going to shit on it. They popped for Becky so I suppose people in the back where like "SEE! It worked! HAR HAR" but nah.. it didn't work. They popped to see her but they also popped because her coming out ended the boring shit they were given. If it truly worked then people would want to pay to see Lacey or Corbin get their ass kicked or people would want to tune into RAW to see it.. that's not happening so it is clearly not working and Seth can bitch and moan it is his own creative team that is shitting the bed and it starts with Vince.
  9. It's because Kenny is too good for that. He's too good for the zero chill wrestling scene for the most part. I don't feel like Seth or Will are smart enough to consciously try to use this to draw press away from Fyter Fest or anything, it's just kind of funny that it's happening.
  10. It's probably the most encouraging thing you could say about Kenny that he hasn't wandered into a petulant "best in the world" twitter debate--especially considering its largely between the guy New Japan slotted into his old spot, and another guy who has name checked him a couple times while swiping moves.
  11. I did this stuff with Lucha Underground and then it got bad and died so I don't have the heart to do it again.
  12. Speak for yourself, sir. I think I managed to get three lapsed fans to check out the show and I hope it's good enough for them to consider following AEW. I guess we'll see after Saturday.
  13. Man the WWE guy and the New Japan guy sure have people talking about everything but Fyter Fest, which is pretty hilarious even though not intended.
  14. I might not have fully thought that part through so my apologies. But I still maintain that who his girlfriend is aside I like various things about him and don't hate him like I would certain others. But while I don't expect him to reverse course (too late now) he would be best off just dropping this.
  15. I had a friend at the show on Sunday who told me that the show was fun, and the crowd was good, but that they chanted "C.M. Punk" during Seth's match, which honestly might be the nadir of being champ in that company. Having a title match where you're supposed to be the company's face and you get chants for Punk. I'm sure it drove him completely over the edge if he wasn't already there.
  16. She seems like an absolute sweetheart and I haven't heard one bad thing about her (and if there is I just haven't seen/heard it yet) So if Seth fucks this up then boy would he be 60 levels of stupid.
  17. Seth is in his feelings because his dream was to be WWE Champion and now he's here and it's at the absolute worst time since like 1996. Yes, the business side is making money hand over fist but the writing is on the wall. Ratings are way down. Live attendance is way down. The online community is shitting on WWE every day. He's stuck in worthless feuds with Baron Corbin where he isn't even going to be able to perform at a high level because the story they are telling has nothing to do with wrestling. Seth had no other choice but to try to validate his position and in turn back the company he works for. But then he got worked into a shoot because everyone dumped on him. Not making excuses for his tweets at all because he's coming off as a clown but I think this is how we got here. It's only going to get worse too with all the AEW stuff on the horizon and the new FOX deal which seems destined to fail. I don't think WWE is in trouble now but in 4-5 years? I could see it.. and Seth will be one of the guys known for being one of the THE guys who helped tank the business. Right or wrong. We all know it's creative but I don't think history will be kind to Seth.
  18. I think he might end up fighting guys like Bektic, Burgos, and Kattar. I mean Kattar already beat the brakes off Lamas in Chicago and Swanson has slid just enough that beating him isn't all that impressive. If Bektic beats Emmett in a couple weeks, where do you go with him? Jeremy Stephens is one of the last of the old guard at 145 who never fought for a belt or was champ at some point and he himself on a 2 fight skid. I mean if Aldo isn't fighting for belt, there is no real reason to protect if he is fighting guys who potentially beat him like Volkanovski and get that name on their resume. Aldo beating Moicano says more about him still being good enough to sort contenders from pretenders. So why not continue that if he plans to fight out the rest of his deal? Let him be that guy. Now once he starts to decline rapidly, I think it would be time like what happens with every fighter to let him make that decision to finally retire. A tier below those three guys I mentioned is Dan Ige, Sodiq Yusuff, and Arnold Allen who are solid prospects but definitely shouldn't be beating someone like Jose Aldo. Once he starts losing to those guys and they hadn't moved to showing their real contenders yet, then we will know he is someone who isn't a top ten fighter anymore.
  19. There's some truth in here. IIRC, that was the Sting match at Bound For Glory where Joe took that stupid fall on the stairs. I think even he's said his body wasn't the same after that one. He's had plenty of good matches since then, but it's been almost eleven years. Everyone slows down. Joe has his nights, but he's not hitting for as high an average as he used to. That said, presence and mic skills and reputation will carry someone pretty far. There are plenty of peak athletes in WWE today that don't scratch what Joe has in those qualities. So maybe Joe still deserves a shake. Though anyone who's holding out hope for a high-quality Joe title run will be woefully disappointed. They've become addicted to their "Joe gets caught off guard, looks shocked, lays in a sore loser beat down" finishes. That ain't changing even if he does win the belt. That's their favourite beat to have him play.
  20. He better not fuck that up. She probably has the dick pics, and she might be living her gimmick.
  21. I think studios put out the stuff digitally earlier is to help curb the piracy. My guess is because you give them the choice to pay and get it legally it'll be better for consumers who are willing to pay instead of risk pirating it. And thank you for the release info, I came here to ask that question. I'll wait for bluray.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?