DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Is it possible he was brought in solely to facilitate a sale and now that its complete is cashing out and heading to greener pastures?
  3. "Shooter" Chris Jericho is about the only gimmick he hasn't had yet. It would be a lot better than The Learning Tree. The one thing though that sucks, at least in my view is Taz is pissed about what Jericho did to the FTW Belt (putting his name over the Taz logo) and him beaning Hook in the head with the ball bat. I know it can't happen cause of all the injuries he has, but the seeds are there for a Jericho/Taz fight.
  4. All Shad would have to say is he's got family north of the border (like a lot of the aforementioned Koreans) anyhoo I think we can all agree AEW peaked with Bear Bronson threating analingus on a table topped Daddy Ass
  5. People are taking the wrong view on Tony's comments: he made these as a high ranking executive of the Jacksonville Jaguars on an NFL program and NFL teams... let's say have a real poor history when it comes to dealing with sex pests. The vulnerability isn't that AEW gets caught with its pants down, it's that a Jags player/coach does something.
  6. Fun little run on Michigan players there a bit ago
  7. 1947, it’s a somewhat major plot point in the Ms. Marvel TV show.
  8. A Pakistani lady I used to see once told me the whole thing between them, I guess it runs so deep they actually have like a specific slur for Indians (which I can't remember, and wouldn't repeat even if I did). I also can't remember the exact year, but they were the same country until pretty shockingly recently (like the '20s-'30s or something like that). The Naughty Korea/South Korea comparison is pretty close
  9. Tonight was an all right show. I wasn't that impressed with the draft because I figured there would be at least one or two major shake up's. I had thought at the very least The Bloodline was going to RAW. I guess we'll get the shock picks on Monday night.
  10. Oh by the way, to the surprise of no one, I bought that tye dye Bayley shirt that she's been sporting lately. It's on its way !
  11. Yeah, it could be a lot of different things. I don’t know if it is a sign of an axe about to drop because “WWE president sells stock before he gets his name tied up in an indictment connected to Vince McMahon” is an absolutely awful look for Endeavor and etc. It opens up the company to all kinds of possible litigation and liability. I would think people as sharp and media savvy as the Endeavor people would be on top of that from the get go. Endeavor’s bread and butter is its talent agency and one thing agents know how to do is to bury the bodies, so to speak. NK can’t just go on Robinhood and sell his shares of TKO. Since he’s a company insider, he has to disclose his stock shares to the federal government through the SEC (which is how it ended up in this article.) To so that means you have to file all kinds of paperwork and it’s a lengthy process. And that kind of stuff always triggers some kind of review from a company’s general counsel or the like who are going to want to know why someone wants to sell their shares, and they would absolutely asking about what Nick had heard about his name connected to Vince’s lawsuit, and they likely would already know the answer because the WWE is itself a legal entity in the lawsuit, which means TKO and Endeavor are, too.(Also, without looking to see what specific SEC filing it is, it also reads like Vince and NK now have permission to sell their shares, but it almost always happens.) The other scenarios: One thing that people worry about when an executive sells shares is that the executive knows something about the company’s future business and is getting out before the stock tanks. Being able to prove that level of trade on inside information is really difficult, but it always raises a lot of questions. (Or itself will trigger prices falling since investors will see that news and think something is up and will sell.) Or an executive could be in the process of landing a bigger job somewhere else. Or the exec could be feeling the fire if there was a shakeup on the board or he/she ended up with a new boss and they were not hitting it off or something like that. So why not sell now and get paid and then take off a few months later. But my main hunch: NK is selling almost 250,000 shares at almost $100 a share. The guy is turning his shares into about $25 million in cold hard cash.
  12. This is deep. I'm gonna be pondering this for awhile, like a monk in a cave.
  13. Kianna James moving to the main roster is an interesting choice but probably due. with the right people she could work. good enough in the ring
  14. Today
  15. @Gordi the former AEW fan I don’t want to take him away from you in Japan but I dream of AEW getting Jeff Cobb and reviving United Empire with Ospreay and Aussie Open.
  16. Bron drafted to where the WHC is on. Hmmm. Are they gonna tie that weird communication error in the Cody vs Melo match for Cody vs AJ?
  17. I just saw an ad on SD for that stupid show where do an American Pickers rip off that I've never seen. This one apparently is Miz "trying to buy" Flair's shit and Miz is roasting him about how much money Flair spent on shit. So I'll be watching that.
  18. Oh OK. I thought I was being invoked to weigh in on some aspect of current AEW. (Sadly, in most cases my take is "I just don't care any more"). - Nope. - Nope - Nope - Nope. Definitely appreciate that you asked about "fun" matches. That's 100% my thing! I am honestly sick to death of darned near every wrestler constantly and self-consciously striving to work "great" matches. Could not possibly agree more with John E's excellent take on that subject above. The non-stop overkill and unnecessary risk taking has burned me right out. The last, camel's back breaking, straw was that ridiculous debacle of a "cage" match in Osaka. When Ospreay and company kept doing high risk moves on a bunch of exposed, uneven two by fours, something broke inside me. Haven't 100% been able to enjoy any pro wrestling since then. Don't want to leave it on that note, so: How about that run of singles matches Bryan has been on since December?!?! That whole Continental Classic run, putting Kingston over in the semi-final, Okada at WK, Nagata, HECHICERO, ZSJ in Osaka (the most beautiful professional wrestling, unfortunately followed up by the most stupid and ugly pro wrestling), Akiyama, Kingston again at Revolution, Shane Taylor, Shibata, Archer, Blue Panther in Arena Mexico (which I ain't seen yet), and Ospreay (which, I get why other people loved that, at least). Absurd. Insane. As great a run as any wrestler has ever had. And Eddie Kingston is still real, to me. And presumably Hayter is returning eventually. And I'm curious what Forbidden Door will bring, this year. Hopefully Jeff Cobb! And drinking with Cooger is still the best.
  19. This made me double check if Tengu Kaiser/KAMIKAZE is still wrestling on the weekends. He is. EDIT: whoa, that was not supposed to be a parallel post w/ Steph
  20. The other day I was wondering if Shinsuke Z Yamagasa was still wrestling. He is not. I was sad.
  21. That early Zero One roster was the most ragtag group of motherfuckers you could ever conjure up. PRIDE era Hirotaka Yokoi and Kintaro Kanemura. Same roster. I loved it. Bonus:
  22. I was thinking brat would actually be awesome but again, India and Pakistan are not the same place.
  23. And Tony Khan started the Sleaze Thread! FINISH THE STORY COMPLETE THE CIRCLE, TONY, IT IS YOUR DESTINY
  24. I think this was one of the tamer mentions in the Sleaze Thread?? Maybe it came out of the same Spanky(?)-in-Japan shoot interview that gave us the Wacky Dominatrix Story but left out the alleged pregnancy scare?? I can't believe I've retained this information.
  25. I vaguely recall him describing when he was out in Japan, how he went bowling with the rest of the Zero One crew, and Ohtani gave a trainee a DDT on one of the lanes. Or it could be a Mandela effect?
  1. Load more activity