DVDVR Message Board

Let's Talk Next-Gen

Tabe

The PS4 interface is really nice. Game installs take a very long time, but you can play limited pieces of the game (NBA 2K14 allows you to play an exhibition game between the Heat and the Spurs) as it installs. Downloads seem faster on PS4 than on PS3 for some reason, maybe I'm just imagining that.

I usually don't touch side-scrolling space shoot em ups, but Resogun was really fun in the limited time I've spent with it.

So apparently Giant Bomb's Xbone bricked in the middle of its demo stream last night. I'm a Sony nationalist, so naturally I find this hilarious.

Nah, the only time their XBox appeared to malfunction was when they stuck a PS4 copy of Battlefield in it to see what would happen. Once they took the disc out, everything went back to normal. The stream does contain many instances of the Kinect failing in frustrating/hilarious ways though. It also made Zoo Tycoon look like the game of the year.

So apparently Giant Bomb's Xbone bricked in the middle of its demo stream last night. I'm a Sony nationalist, so naturally I find this hilarious.

Nah, the only time their XBox appeared to malfunction was when they stuck a PS4 copy of Battlefield in it to see what would happen. Once they took the disc out, everything went back to normal. The stream does contain many instances of the Kinect failing in frustrating/hilarious ways though. It also made Zoo Tycoon look like the game of the year.

Isn't Zoo Tycoon supposed to actually be one of the better launch titles?

I wasn't joking, it looked awesome. They sprayed a bear with a hose and he rolled around in the water, when you tell the Kinect "beep beep," your little buggy honks, and apparently if you make faces at the animals through the Kinect they make faces back!!!! Also, it looked like there was a competent sim game under there too, but it really was the cutest game I've seen in years.

That's weird?

I'm having issues with my receiver and PS4. There are quite a few people experiencing either choppy sound or sound cutting out entirely when playing with either Dolby Digital or DTS options. From what I read, it should be fixed with a system update down the road eventually... hopefully... In the mean time, playing with stereo feels so very un-next gen-ish.

Yeah, I've heard it is really great.

I watched a video and it does look tremendous.

Forza also looks really pretty and you know what you're getting with a Dead Rising game. Xbone has the advantage in exclusives out of the gate it seems.

Saying that Density...I mean...Destiny...looks exactly like Halo is such a disingenuous statement to make.

He's said it a few times now. It's pretty crazy.

Explain how they aren't the same motions then?

Look, I'm not saying the game will be shit or I won't want to play it..   I'm saying I'm seeing a lot of similarities here.