DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - THE QUEST~

Dolfan in NYC

Fun game in Tampa as they beat Carolina 6-4. Tons of action. Super rare 4-on-4 to start the game as 1 guy from each team could not behave themselves on the opening faceoff and got tossed for 2 minutes before the puck even dropped. 

Edited by Tabe

The NHL has reached an agreement with the Canadian government to allow for cross-border travel beginning with the Stanley Cup semifinals, the league announced Sunday.

NHL teams coming from the United States will be able to play in Canada, but are subject to enhanced health protocols. The team must arrive on a private plane and will be subject to daily COVID-19 testing. Once in Canada, the American-based teams will live in a "modified quarantine bubble" and have no contact with the general public.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, it appears that Mox and Renee are ready to become parents again

I like that Chance's SM manager took the time to tag Punk and not Moxley. ?

Islanders win 5-4 to go up 3 games to 2.  Time to blame the officials!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/bruins-coach-bruce-cassidy-rips-game-5-officiating-takes-jab-islanders

That deserves a Jack Edwards laugh in response.

And Montreal sends Winnipeg home in OT.  Great series win for Montreal but I think they'll be swimming in deep water against Colorado or Vegas...

Boston got the calls last night, got the power play goals and...it didn't matter.  Who ya gonna blame now, Bruce?  

On another note, it's a shame that Brad Marchand is such trash because dude is a great player who shows up big in big games.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elizium said:

This Avs/Knights game is pond hockey. Total antithesis of what playoff hockey usually is. Hopefully the Avs win so we get one more

Great series and Colorado lost - perfect! 

Seriously, though, that was the real Finals right there. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Great series and Colorado lost - perfect! 

Seriously, though, that was the real Finals right there. 

Like the 1995 Western Conference Final was the "real" final?

I mean Tampa is the defending champion and the Isles have one of the greatest coaches of all time and a home ice that is the hockey equivalent of playing in Estadio Azteca or Parkhead when the huns visit.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Like the 1995 Western Conference Final was the "real" final?

I mean Tampa is the defending champion and the Isles have one of the greatest coaches of all time and a home ice that is the hockey equivalent of playing in Estadio Azteca or Parkhead when the huns visit.

Not sure I follow the line of thinking.  Colorado and Vegas were 1 & 2 in the entire league.  Tampa finished 8th or 9th in their conference.  Maybe Tampa or NYI wins and, if so, they deserve it.  But the 2 best teams are Colorado and Vegas.  In 1995, Detroit didn't play the #2 team in the league in the conference finals so the analogy doesn't work.

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The Golden Knights are too powerful

Somebody tell Mr. MacKinnon that it took Steve Yzerman 14 years to win one.  It took Ray Bourque 22 years to get one.  Good that he's mad but he shouldn't be discouraged.

Marc-Andre Fleury with a gaffe for the ages as he commits a brutal giveaway and leaves an open net inside of 2 minutes to let Montreal tie the game. Montreal won in OT. We're talking Steve Smith banking one into his own net level of gaffe here.