DVDVR Message Board

WANDAVISION (Massive Spoiler Thread)

JonnyLaw

A Disney/Marvel spoiler thread might make sense just for the fact of the 2021 alone. Does mean this thread would die, but at least people would have a place they could come and ask questions without being bombarded. 

It's stupid hard to avoid spoilers now because of the darn algorithms. Football/AEW is on Youtube minutes after the programs it seems and is recommended in my face. Same thing on reddit. Means I either have to watch the programme asap or just avoid all internet including my phone until I see it. Which isn't practical really. The world is a changing.

I guess I’ll be the grump again....

Spoiler

“Agatha All Along” is a banger (as are most of the songs on the show), but the actual reveal of her name felt like “I...am...KHAN” all over again.  Just weirdly delivered and utterly meaningless, both to the characters on the show and the viewers who aren’t comics/Reddit obsessives.  The only people that name means anything to already correctly guessed Agnes’s true identity ages ago, so I’m not even really sure who this was for.  It was like an anti-reveal.

People who don't read the comics. People who don't read articles about the show. People who don't watch Easter Egg videos, etc...

I am not sure how large that population is but the number is greater than zero.

• Like 5

How dare they end the show on a cliffhanger that doesn’t immediately explain everything to everyone?!?

Spoiler

I’m guessing, based on talking to two people who don’t follow the comics/casually watch the movies, that the name “Agatha Harkness” means much less than the reveal that Wanda is not the only one with control over Westview and that Wanda may not really be in control at all. Same with the reveal to Wanda: “Hi Wanda, nice to meet you, I’m Agatha, you’re not the only one here with magic.” It’s not like Wanda’s response is going to be anything like “Yeah, big deal, I’ve never heard your name so why do I care?!?”  

I will admit it’s unclear whether the montage was something like a vision Agatha made Wanda see when Agatha seemingly put her under a spell, a “broadcast” to the outside world similar to the other shows, or just a reveal for the viewer.  I think it was Matt D who said they thought the evil laugh after she admitted to killing Sparky was overkill, but I think that was to signify to all the viewers who had no info on Agatha (and comic readers who know she’s often “good”) that Agatha is the bad guy here.  

Edited by JonnyLaw

Happy penultimate episode of WandaVision Eve, y'all! Meant to ask you what time each episode comes out in your country live? Here, it's 8am which is perfect. Usually the same time as NJPW shows. So refreshing with:

• WWE PPV's at midnight till 3am+ Monday morning, RAW is 1am to 4am on a Tuesday morning and Smackdown is 1am-3am Saturday.
  • AEW PPV's are Sunday morning 1am and tend to go over 3am. AEW Dynamite is Thursday 1am till 3am.
  • UFC Prelims tend to be 11pm-3am Sunday morning UK time and the main card is 3am till 6am.

Us Brits are hardcore for watching them live in the early hours of the fucking morning. That's why I like how AEW and UFC are Saturday shows so they go into Sunday morning rather than the Monday by WWE. You still feel rotten though afterwards cause of the time difference and lack of sleep.

• Like 1

I’m on the US east coast, and I’m pretty sure it comes out around 3am our time, which is midnight on the west coast. It works perfectly for me as it’s ready to go by the time my daughter starts her morning Zoom kindergarten class (I mean, it’s actually her “play with dolls while the zoom class is on in the background” meeting, but you catch my drift).

• Thanks 1

• RIPPA locked and pinned this topic
  • RIPPA unpinned, pinned and unlocked this topic

Okay....

Since it's its own separate thread now and labelled - you don't not need to use spoiler boxes when discussing the episodes IN THIS THREAD

I still ask you use spoiler boxes if you are planning on posting multiple images of some sort (or if said media is huge)

• Like 3

WandaVision Episode 8.

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the whole series, liked them more than the last couple. Might be the best episode.

This acts as one you could show people encapsulating who Wanda Maximoff is. Of course you get more out of it if you've been with Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe from the start. Agatha seeks answers as to how Wanda's done what she has so we get a rundown of key events of Wanda's life as Agatha and Wanda watch on. The death of her parents, volunteering to be tested on at HYDRA, Wanda and Vision bonding, Hayward refusing Wanda to bury Vision and in her grief what she's done to Westview/bringing Vision back from the dead. The mutant implications! Loved that, Agatha and the episode hinting that she had something before the mind stone experiments. Episode ends with Wanda Maximoff called the Scarlet Witch for the first time! There's a mid-credits scene, White Vision from West Coast Avengers. Guessing he'll be the way Vision can continue past WandaVision.

FYI First lag while watching an episode. People wanting to watch the same time it goes out.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Chaos magic, Scarlet Witch is official, and the idea that it wasn't JUST the Mind Stone that gave her powers... goddamn. What an episode, ya'll.

Suddenly Bettany's "actor I've always wanted to work with" comment makes sense - it's himself! Vision vs Vision coming up in the finale, no doubt about it.

• Like 3

I cannot begin to stress this point enough: we've entered the phase where MCU's brand of "mutants" is possible, due to exposure to infinity stones (and possibly effects of the three snaps within five years). Will it be comic book accurate? Nah, probably not. But still.

I've read some theories already that the vision (heh) that Wanda sees during the Infinity Stone scene is her Nexus being, since she's a gateway to all realities. I like that much more than it just being her mom in a costume or whatever. She saw a door into another reality, and the person on the other side was Wanda, not someone else under the Scarlet Witch moniker.

Also - Wanda straight up created a new Vision, complete with a Vibranium body (well, according to Hayward - he was tracking Vision within the Hex due to his Vibranium radioactive decay or whatever it was that he said). There's also a chance that Westview Vision vs "Evil" Vision ends with them merging and that's how we get Vision to stay in the MCU going forward. But that feels rather cheap given all that we've seen, especially in this episode alone. Much more likely that Westview Vision sacrifices himself to save everyone before/after Evil Vis goes full murder-bot.

EDIT: Oh, and chaos magic can literally rip apart the fabric of space and time. Hmmmmmm.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 4

Man, Agnes has some catty one liners:

"Fake Pietro, Fpietro if you will."

Moaning about how loud Pietro was as a kid.

To Wanda: "That accent comes and goes, doesn't it?"

“Love the Cold War aesthetic!”

Edited by The Natural

So Wanda had her Chaos Magic BEFORE coming into contact with the Mind Stone, which means the stone only amplified it.  Yeah, guess that's the doorway to Mutants.  The Vision we've been watching is just a flat out creation of Wanda's, along with the kids.  

Heyward's the other big bad, that tracks.  Now I'm wondering if White Vision is the big teased reveal, or if there's something else.

I am going to go out on the limb and predict that when the smoke clears, either Wanda goes to Strange herself or he goes to her to offer to help her control what she obiviously cannot.  

Also going to guess that if Agatha is tied to a long running coven of real magic using Witches, they're probably on the Sorcerer's radar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I am going to go out on the limb and predict that when the smoke clears, either Wanda goes to Strange herself or he goes to her to offer to help her control what she obiviously cannot.  

Baron Mordo gonna be real salty 'bout that one. No more sorcerers!

• Haha 1