DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

So Gary Lineker just pronounced the name of Chelsea's new manager as Thomas 2 Cool. And here I thought he didn't like Wrestling.

nb: He totally doesn't. When he was on BT Sport duty last year he had to say they had Summerslam coming up and he sounded utterly disgusted to be saying it.

Holy shit. 9 - 0. A record equalling win. I remember lining my teddy bears up in a wall and kicking a plastic inflatable toy ball past them, whilst listening to Manutd beating Ipswich 9 - 0 on my Tomy Wind-Up radio when I was 8 years old. Never thought I'd see it happen again.

And after two straight wins lift Leeds from 12th to... 12th, they then move up to 11th while not playing (thanks to Man U killing Southampton's GD).

17 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Holy shit. 9 - 0. A record equalling win. I remember lining my teddy bears up in a wall and kicking a plastic inflatable toy ball past them, whilst listening to Manutd beating Ipswich 9 - 0 on my Tomy Wind-Up radio when I was 8 years old. Never thought I'd see it happen again.

I went to that game. Not a Utd fan, but my dad wanted to take me and my sister to see a big team play, and there were none bigger than them. He picked a memorable one for us.

Liverpool has been barred from entering Germany for its Champions League match against RB Leipzig on Feb 16

Germany has banned all flights from the UK (and other high risk areas) in an attempt to stop the spread of new COVID variants. An exception will not be granted for sports teams

Leipzig has until Monday to propose a new venue (including a neutral country)

The first league will be played as normal as since Leipzig have German passports they are allowed to travel. Leipzig did ask to swap the matches but Liverpool declined.

Arsenal/Benfica (in the Europa League) might also be affected due to similar travel restrictions in Portugal

On 2/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, RIPPA said:

Liverpool has been barred from entering Germany for its Champions League match against RB Leipzig on Feb 16

Leipzig has until Monday to propose a new venue (including a neutral country)

The match will be played in Budapest

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Wilder can criticise "playstation managers" all he wants but smashing the ball up to McBurnie all night against a team like Chelsea was daft. Blades are going down because they haven't been good enough but alot of Wilder's tactics/team selections have been frustrating. 

Bring on Bristol City in the cup, will be good practice for playing them next year.

So at the weekend, Man City equalled an English football record for most wins (in all competitions) in a row, with 14. Their next fixture, where they'll potentially break the record and become sole holders of it, is an FA Cup tie against Swansea, tomorrow. But the one after that, the next league game, is against Spurs.

The narrative is crying out for that Cup game to not exist, so they can do a whole thing about how only Mourinho can stop Guardiola becoming the true legend et cetera. But no. They're just going to walk through Swansea and all the Arsenal and Preston fans will complain about how terribly unfair it all is.

15 hours ago, AxB said:

So at the weekend, Man City equalled an English football record for most wins (in all competitions) in a row, with 14. Their next fixture, where they'll potentially break the record and become sole holders of it, is an FA Cup tie against Swansea, tomorrow. But the one after that, the next league game, is against Spurs.

The narrative is crying out for that Cup game to not exist, so they can do a whole thing about how only Mourinho can stop Guardiola becoming the true legend et cetera. But no. They're just going to walk through Swansea and all the Arsenal and Preston fans will complain about how terribly unfair it all is.

Crying begins... now.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
52 minutes ago, The Natural said:
Neil Ruddock used to try and get red cards so he'd have Christmas off.

Ruddock admitted that years ago on Soccer AM.

Neil "Rational" Ruddock doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but nonetheless...