Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FOUR


Recommended Posts

Meanwhile the Raiders are potentially in some hot water as a LOT of their players went to a fundraiser and didn't wear masks. There were also too many people in the venue and the venue has been fined for the violations. It's against NFL rules to be out anyplace that's violating local regulations. And the team has already been fined $250k for Gruden not wearing a mask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tabe said:

Meanwhile the Raiders are potentially in some hot water as a LOT of their players went to a fundraiser and didn't wear masks. There were also too many people in the venue and the venue has been fined for the violations. It's against NFL rules to be out anyplace that's violating local regulations. And the team has already been fined $250k for Gruden not wearing a mask. 

You'd think the team that has been often described as cash poor would be more careful doing things that cost cash...but the Raiders will be the Raiders.

Edited by supremebve
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Titans/Steelers game has been postponed

No further details if the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday or whenever

EDIT - Okay in the NFL statement it says the game will be either Monday or Tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And the Titans/Steelers game has been postponed

No further details if the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday or whenever

EDIT - Okay in the NFL statement it says the game will be either Monday or Tuesday

This upcoming Monday or Tuesday?  I'm not a doctor, but what's the difference between Sunday and Monday or Tuesday?  We've been told for months that 2 weeks is the safe quarantine time, right?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supremebve said:

This upcoming Monday or Tuesday?  I'm not a doctor, but what's the difference between Sunday and Monday or Tuesday?  We've been told for months that 2 weeks is the safe quarantine time, right?

Approximately 24-48 hours.

tenor.gif?itemid=10307427

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Tomlin said in an interview this afternoon that the game will most likely be Monday

EDIT - Apparently the CBS broadcast crew was also told the game will be Monday

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And now the NFL has officially postponed the game to "Not Week 4".  

I'm sure this is a one time incident that will never happen again. 

Why do you hate my posts?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, Schefter never officially said the game was off, just two more positives. 

Also, as you know, I don't like you right now. 

You also don't like to read - look at my post again. Two Schefter tweets - one expressly says "is being rescheduled for later this season"

😘

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The NFL implemented a series of enhanced protocols Thursday for teams to follow after exposure to the COVID-19 virus, as it navigates an outbreak among the Tennessee Titans and potential transmission to the Minnesota Vikings.

The Vikings, who have not yet returned a positive test result after playing the Titans last Sunday, used the protocols after reopening their facility and practicing Thursday.

The enhanced protocols include two daily tests; one is the traditional PCR (nasal swab) test and the other is a POC (point of care) test that returns faster results. All Tier 1 and Tier 2 employees must test negative on the POC test before entering the facility.

PPE and face masks must also be worn by all players and coaches on the practice field and gloves must be worn by everyone except quarterbacks on their throwing hand. All meetings must be virtual and there will also be daily deep cleanings of the facility. The protocols also include a prohibition on team or player gatherings away from the facility.

NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills will determine whether and for how long the post-exposure protocols must be followed. Whether they are exposed or not, all NFL employees were urged by the memo to "act as if every person you come into contact with has a COVID infection and take appropriate precautions."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I have to say about the Thursday Night game is that Sam Darnold, 3rd overall pick, was absolutely outplayed by an undrafted rookie related to A Famous Person, and that's even including the 5 minutes the rookie brain farted on back to back interceptions.

The Jets vaunted defense is also a complete myth. It doesn't exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more Titans players have tested positive

The total number of positives in the organization is between 13 and 15 (depending on the source)

It is 8 straight days of at least one positive results at the Titans facility.

Schefter already threw out that next week's game of the Titans vs Bills is in jeopardy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...