DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Death From Above said:

All I have to say about the Thursday Night game is that Sam Darnold, 3rd overall pick, was absolutely outplayed by an undrafted rookie related to A Famous Person, and that's even including the 5 minutes the rookie brain farted on back to back interceptions.

The Jets vaunted defense is also a complete myth. It doesn't exist.

That vaunted defense made sure to take as many cheap shots at that undrafted rookie as possible at the end of the game though.  Gee, who is that Jets defensive coordinator again?  I just can't quite place it...

I'm so conflicted here - absolutely can't stand the Broncos but Brett Rypien went to high school 3 blocks from my first house in Spokane and I'm a big fan of his uncle.  

Edited by Tabe

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sam Darnold suffered a sprained shoulder than he played through last night

Adam Gase said its possible that Darnold will miss multiple weeks

And so my suicide pool picks are sorted for the next month or so. 

9 minutes ago, Tabe said:

That vaunted defense made sure to take as many cheap shots at that undrafted rookie as possible at the end of the game though.  Gee, who is that Jets defensive coordinator again?  I just can't quite place it...

That was actually the reason Vic Fangio said he didn't shake Adam Gase's hand. He wanted his team off the field as quickly as possible because he was afraid their was going to be brawl because the Broncos were getting pissed

Per pretty much everyone - there is no way the game happens tomorrow.

Question will be will they move it to Monday or have to completely blow up the schedule 

*What is confusing is that the Titans had the issue on Tuesday and was not allowed to even be at the facility until Saturday.  Given that there are new positives with the Titans I figure they still aren't practicing.  this happens on Saturday and they might play on Monday or Tuesday?   Because most of the practice was during the week

Well it was absurd at a minimum they didn’t have a second bye week built for just this reason.

But the league has been arrogant about it since before this all started

• Like 3

The Saints player - Michael Burton - turned out to be a false positive as his follow test was negative and game is on as scheduled

EDIT

It should be noted that apparently this is the FOURTH false positive someone with the Saints have gotten this year

Meanwhile - ANOTHER Titans player and member of the organization have tested positive.

The earliest the team can open their facilities now is Wednesday

The NFL is investigating the organization for violating COVID protocols (duh...)

From Schefter

The NFL and the NFL Players Association are investigating whether the Tennessee Titans, who have had 18 members of their organization test positive for COVID-19 in the past week, violated the league's coronavirus-related protocols, sources told ESPN.

After the Titans' recent outbreak -- during which nine players and nine team personnel members have tested positive, one source observed to ESPN that "This isn't a failure of the protocols; it is a failure to follow the protocols."

Officials from both the NFL and NFLPA have been in Tennessee since Friday, seeking answers to an issue that some sources believe ultimately will wind up with the league making an example of the Titans.

The NFL and NFLPA have asked the Titans to turn over multiple videotapes of team activities so they can get a better idea of the root of the outbreak, according to sources.

The Titans are convinced, however, that they have obeyed the rules and have gone out of their way to protect their organization, a team source told ESPN. The Titans believe they have done everything the league has asked, have told the players to wear their masks and have been compliant, according to the source. The Titans also think they've done a better job of observing the protocols than other teams around the league, the source said.

The Titans had two more positive tests come back Sunday morning -- one player and one coach, sources told ESPN, increasing their total to 20 members of the organization this season.

The investigation is focused on Titans outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen being the first in the organization to contract the coronavirus, and a potential failure by at least some to report symptoms and wear masks. One source told ESPN that he suspects that the spread started with the Titans' coaching staff.

Bowen was exposed to individuals who had been exposed to the coronavirus, according to a source. NFL employees are required to report being around anyone who has contracted the coronavirus or to not go into work if they have been around those individuals.

If the NFL and NFLPA find that at least one member of the Titans didn't properly report being around someone or others with the coronavirus, it would be a violation.

But there also is a sense from sources that the Titans were not diligent about wearing masks around their training facility, despite the protocols the league and the NFLPA have outlined in their memos. This could lead to the Titans facing discipline in the form of fines and/or even the potential loss of a draft pick, according to sources.