DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Turnip Price: 555

Opening my gates.

So be open for at least a hour or two (unless something weird happens)

If you try to come and they are closed - just shoot me a message

Must have just missed you.

I'll come sell my turnips at your place if you open it back up again.

So what's customary to leave at another island when you go for a visit?

I've only gone to visit a couple of other islands and haven't left anything because I don't have a whole lot of high-end stuff. (That'll happen when you don't play for about a month and then get rolling again.)

I do appreciate everyone that's dropped stuff at my place, though.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

So what's customary to leave at another island when you go for a visit?

I've only gone to visit a couple of other islands and haven't left anything because I don't have a whole lot of high-end stuff. (That'll happen when you don't play for about a month and then get rolling again.)

I do appreciate everyone that's dropped stuff at my place, though.

I think generally if you're just visiting and the hose hasn't requested anything you don't have to leave anything, maybe just water the flowers if they're going for hybrids.

If you're selling turnips I think it's customary to leave a tip in the form of bells or nook miles tickets.

I always try to leave a couple thousand bells or merch if that was asked for before hand. 

This was the second time I've broken my fishing pole without a spare. I did have a spare net.:) 

Edited by odessasteps

Yeah - water flowers if you have absolutely nothing since it ups the chance the person will get a rare flower. (Obviously only applies if its obvious person is growing flowers)

I will leave bells (usually 10K) but when I was poor I would also just drop materials (like iron nuggets). Like Zimbra said - if it is a turnip selling deal - folks will usually leave some bells (or if they need it the aforementioned Nook Miles Travel Ticket.

And yeah - if you have furniture that you don't want - you could always leave that because the person can always sell it for bells (assuming it is actually decent as opposed to like - here is a wooden chair)

@CSC left me a golden watering can once which was insanely generous (and I am sad that it has since broke)

I usually collect up all my recipes that I already know to drop off at islands of people I know haven't been playing as long and probably don't have them or fossils because there's only 1 more that I need so most get sold anyway.  

Other than that - I usually leave hybrids of flowers because my island is completely overrun by them to where I don't even know what to do with them all.

Speaking of fossils - I am a little frustrated because I still need roughly a dozen (it might be more - I did a quick count) and three of the last four days I havent gotten a new one

I mean I feel like there should be a touch of bad luck protection

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - water flowers if you have absolutely nothing since it ups the chance the person will get a rare flower. (Obviously only applies if its obvious person is growing flowers)

I will leave bells (usually 10K) but when I was poor I would also just drop materials (like iron nuggets). Like Zimbra said - if it is a turnip selling deal - folks will usually leave some bells (or if they need it the aforementioned Nook Miles Travel Ticket.

And yeah - if you have furniture that you don't want - you could always leave that because the person can always sell it for bells (assuming it is actually decent as opposed to like - here is a wooden chair)

@CSC left me a golden watering can once which was insanely generous (and I am sad that it has since broke)

I'll make the 7 year old do something nice for you sometime in the next three months.

BTW - I didn't realize you could get people at your campsite even when you have no open houses

Rodney showed up unannounced

Apparently he is the most hated villager in the game