Baltimore

Green Bay

Denver

Monday, October 21

NY Giants

Tiebreaker #1: 3

Tiebreaker #2: 350

Tiebreaker #3: 99

It's insane that I have to do this for a number of reasons, but someone had to do it.  Here we go!

Last week I was keeping an eye on Burgandy Larue's selections because she is in the lead and it only makes sense to see how your main competition is picking. I remember thinking that I had her beat last week, but when the results came out we ended up with a tie.  My suspicions were raised so I decided to take a closer look at her selections this week.

Here are Burgandy's picks on Wednesday night at 9:27 PM central time:

Posted Image

It seemed at the time like she was simply still making up her mind on quite a few of the picks.  Let's see what she ended up deciding!

Posted Image

I took this screen shot at 11:59 AM central time on Sunday.  There were approximately 20 seconds left on the Redzone Channel's countdown to kickoff.  Some good picks in the early games.  I especially liked the Chicago pick, but obviously couldn't support the Lions over the Bengals.  

Seems like a pretty mediocre week, but she does still have a pretty decent lead.  How about we take a look at her picks directly before Monday Night Football.

Posted Image

How pathetic is that?  I guess I would kind of understand if there was something worth cheating for, but she seems to be cheating solely for the pride points it would win her among a group of wrestling nerds.  Sad. 

• Like 2

What's going in here?  The week isn't over yet!

* reads*

WHAT. IN. THE EVERLASTING. FUCK.  <_<

Damn, Jrag. I'd laugh if this wasn't. . .you know what? I'm laughing. Because this is hilarious, bad headache and all.

Why would I bother cheating? As you astutely pointed out, there's no prize attached to this. No money, no trophy, no trip to the Super Bowl. Not even a slice of pressed ham for the Highway to Ham. No one is making a sandwich off this.

And if I'm going to cheat, know a few things: 1.) I would do so I would win every week, 2.) I would cover my tracks a lot better than this cock-eyed BS you've suggested and 3.) if I'm going to bother cheating, I WOULD WIN EVERY WEEK AND RUB IT IN YOUR FACE. I'm not a shrinking violet when it comes to crowing about my victories; I'd figure you would know THAT about me by now. None of this is happening, so I'm not sure what you think you know.

Hell, if you had held tight for another week or two, I'm prime to have a bad week soon. It happens every time I do this—I start off good, goof up in the middle, and finish strong.

All that said, I do change my picks often over the weekend before kickoffs. Sometimes, I'll wait to do the 4:25 PM games just before they start. I can *somewhat* understand if that looks strange. I do move things around a lot. But if you were such a good spy, you'd know I leave half my picks blank until late Saturday/early Sunday every week, just because I can't make up my damn mind. I go back and forth on all the games. So if I'm cheating, I've cheated every time I've ever played this game over the past few years. I see-sawed over Denver-Jacksonville for crying out loud, just because I figured the Broncos were due for a loss. As it were, I was off by a week. But I chose them to win against the Colts, anyway.  Which is my favorite team who keeps biting me in the ass this year with my picks. Wishy-washy me, but I digress.

The only thing that bothers me about this is you and I don't get along anyway, and now you'll harp on this supposed shit until infinity. Not that we acknowledge each other much anymore, but still. Who needs the fucking drama? It's not like I'm the most popular DVDVR member to begin with—why in the HELL would I give some snot like you room to like me even less? Yet another reason not to bother with cheating. Fucking hell, you could have called me a whore and been better off. A fucking cheat over something that doesn't mean JACK SQUAT? WTF?

Seriously, this is some gold-spun shit here. Where are you selling it and may I buy some?

Honestly, I'd be mad, but it's so over the top, I just have to shrug and say FUCK IT.

If Dewar wants to negate my post for this week—fine, lest someone thinks I'm stirring a witches' brew that's proven to show me all the winners a week in advance (that's right, that doesn't exist!) I didn't do anything dishonest, but I don't need you screaming SHE'S A CHEATING BITCH. And if he wants to discount double check my picks going forward, be my guest. Dude, you can keep up with me if you like.  Oh, that's right.  YOU ALREADY DO.

Can't even play a game that doesn't mean shit without someone like you finding a way to be an asshole about it. This year's NBA thread is going to be LOVELY. :rolleyes:

I learned how to take a fucking screen shot on my laptop just so I could cap your picks at 11:59:40 CST.  You can make this into a me vs. you thing because of that if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that your noon picks changed between then and tonight.  

Like I said, I change my picks all the time up until various kickoffs.  Did I mix up some of them at some point? Maybe, hell,  I'm switching shit 422,197,862 times in any given week.  Something wonky could have happened, I copy and past a lot of this. I change my mind a lot, maybe I overlapped something.  That's possible.

But like I said, I've always done that.  So that would mean I've constantly cheated.  With no malice, but all the same. I change my picks uptil until kickoff.  I keep up with my picks pretty well, but I don't write them in stone. Could I have gotten something screwed up?  Maybe. But to accuse someone of purposely cheating  is pretty fucking damning.

If you thought something was screwy with my picks, you could have asked.  You would have gotten the same response that I spent way too much time one to type, but without the cussing.  It could have been resolved without you trying to call me out and label for something I didn't do.

You would have given almost anyone else on this board the benefit of the doubt, asked them priviately and resolved it however you wished.  Our general apathy toward each other does play into this, at least partly.  I stick by that.  You didn't do that here.  Yeah, it's a you vs me situation.  In my mind, anyway.  I don't particularly care what's going on your head.

Like I said, I change my picks all the time up until various kickoffs.  Did I mix up some of them at some point? Maybe, hell,  I'm switching shit 422,197,862 times in any given week.  Something wonky could have happened, I copy and past a lot of this. I change my mind a lot, maybe I overlapped something.  That's possible.

Oh, OF COURSE this is the most reasonable explanation. You may as well have just said, "Whoopsie!" and borrowed a cute animals picture from Dolfan.

But like I said, I've always done that.  So that would mean I've constantly cheated.  

Well no shit, Sherlock.

But to accuse someone of purposely cheating  is pretty fucking damning.

HOW DARE YOU, JRAQ, YOU FUCK.

If you thought something was screwy with my picks, you could have asked.  

Well that would have deprived us the hilarity of seeing you talk yourself in circles.

You would have given almost anyone else on this board the benefit of the doubt, asked them priviately and resolved it however you wished.  

Would he? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have because it was you he spotted doing something particularly ridiculous and saying he would have resolved it in private is wishing this would just go away.

Our general apathy toward each other does play into this, at least partly.  I stick by that.  You didn't do that here.  Yeah, it's a you vs me situation.  In my mind, anyway.  I don't particularly care what's going on your head.

You care so little, that's why you've spent this much time defending yourself.

Look, I don't have a horse in this race since I'm not playing the picks game, but this is beyond silly and it's funny to watch you twist when you're called out on your hypocrisy and righteous indignation.

• Like 3

All that said, I do change my picks often over the weekend before kickoffs. Sometimes, I'll wait to do the 4:25 PM games just before they start. I can *somewhat* understand if that looks strange. I do move things around a lot. But if you were such a good spy, you'd know I leave half my picks blank until late Saturday/early Sunday every week, just because I can't make up my damn mind. I go back and forth on all the games. So if I'm cheating, I've cheated every time I've ever played this game over the past few years. I see-sawed over Denver-Jacksonville for crying out loud, just because I figured the Broncos were due for a loss. As it were, I was off by a week. But I chose them to win against the Colts, anyway.  Which is my favorite team who keeps biting me in the ass this year with my picks. Wishy-washy me, but I digress.

Color me crazy if you wish, but I think the issue is with the fact that you appear to be changing your picks for games that have already been played. Such as Chicago/Washington and Cincinnati/Detroit this last week. That's really not. . .you know. . .the way a "prediction" game works.

And of course you're not going to change your picks so you go 13-0 every week or whatever it ends up being with the byes. That would be too damn obvious.

See, here's the thing.  I'm not 98% or 99.7% sure you cheated, I'm 100% sure of it.  I crossed checked my 11:59 screen shot with your post in this thread at halftime of the Bears game.  There were no differences at that point (you still had Detroit and Chicago) and I was more than ready to chalk my suspicions up as paranoia.  The next time I came into this thread to cross check was directly before MNF and your picks were changed.  No amount of faux indignation is going to change that.

I leave half my picks blank until late Saturday/early Sunday every week, just because I can't make up my damn mind.

The picks weren't blank and this wasn't early Sunday morning, the special teams were already out on the field!  If I hadn't cross checked your post at halftime of the Bears game, I guess I could of asked myself "What are the odds that she changed from two favorites to two underdogs between the time the kicker places the ball and kicks it away?"  Even then, those odds would be very slim.  

Color me crazy if you wish, but I think the issue is with the fact that you appear to be changing your picks for games that have already been played. Such as Chicago/Washington and Cincinnati/Detroit this last week. That's really not. . .you know. . .the way a "prediction" game works.

And of course you're not going to change your picks so you go 13-0 every week or whatever it ends up being with the byes. That would be too damn obvious.

Gonzo,  if I'm going to cheat, I WOULD cheat to have a perfect record.  I just would.

Like I said, I copy and past from several sheets that I have with different scenarios.  It is possible that I copied from the wrong one when coming in to predict/adjust the 4:25 games.  But I didn't purposely do that.

If I'm going to cheat, I would do a better job of it, that's for sure.  I assume that nearly everyone checks in on their picks and looks at others' posts to get an idea of where they'll finish for any given week.  So why would I cheat knowing that my post is open for inspection/scunity?

I wouldn't.

Like I said, I change my picks all the time up until various kickoffs.  Did I mix up some of them at some point? Maybe

There is no maybe.  You most definitely mixed them.  

Like I said, I copy and past from several sheets that I have with different scenarios.  It is possible that I copied from the wrong one when coming in to predict/adjust the 4:25 games.  But I didn't purposely do that.

You accidentally switched the bold from one team to another on two separate games that were already completed or near completion? Sounds a little more complicated than a copy/paste error.  You claim to have maybe kind sorta accidentally switched a few early games around while adjusting your 4:25 picks, but take a look at those screen shots again.  YOU DIDN'T ADJUST ANY LATE GAME PICKS.

You would have given almost anyone else on this board the benefit of the doubt, asked them priviately and resolved it however you wished. .

Why would I rob myself of the ability to catch someone in the act?  Of course you wish this was private, but it's not.

if I'm going to cheat, I WOULD cheat to have a perfect record.  I just would.

Right, because that makes perfect sense.

If Dewar wants to negate my post for this week—fine, lest someone thinks I'm stirring a witches' brew that's proven to show me all the winners a week in advance (that's right, that doesn't exist!) I didn't do anything dishonest, but I don't need you screaming SHE'S A CHEATING BITCH. 

What a pivot.  In one sentence you manage to misrepresent my claim, hint at some sort of gender bias on my part AND suggest your own punishment! I'm impressed, but I have my own suggestion for Dewar - Burgundy should be expelled from the competition all together.

The easy solution is no editing posts.Corrections need to be in a seprate post.

Good thought, but the only way to tell if a post is edited without taking screen shots is if the author chooses to add the

Edited by Jrag

My favourite claim here is that being 10 picks ahead of second place in a pickem league going into week 7 wasn't somehow just as obvious as going undefeated.

Anyone that's played these things and has a basic grasp of math knows that's an insanely high God mode number.

I really don't give a shit either way, I just pick for something to do. But it's a very funny claim.