DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2019

Guest Edwin

On 11/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, odessasteps said:

There is also some consternation about the game being held in Chile, given the civil unrest there of late. 

they also changed the Copa Sudamericana (the Europa League equivalent) to a one legged final as a test run to see how the one game final will work. 

CONMEBOL just announced the final will be relocated and played in Lima, Peru now.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, AxB said:

UK Twitter is abuzz with Manchester United fans overjoyed - like, ecstatically, rapturously overjoyed - with news that the club may finally be getting sold. To Fucking Saudi Arabia.

Reminder: Manchester United fans are the scum of the Earth.

1) I am a United supporter and would be completely and utterly disgusted by this to the point of no longer caring. I'd rather see us relegated to non league status than see us in the hands of bloodsoaked monsters. They make even the Glazers look like the most wonderful people on Earth in comparison.

2) I hope you share the same opinion about some fans of another English club who actually did the same thing. Fair is fair.

Ridiculous. Reminds of when Independiente del Valle had to play 2 games during the 2016 season on the same day. They had to play a league game in Ecuador and the first leg of the Libertadores final against Atlético Nacional.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Peak modern football madness

View image on Twitter

Shit like this is why I just can't bring myself to care as much as I used to. Bpl is a special kind of mad in scheduling, but shit is just messed up in general. 

CL matchday yesterday appeared to be the good kind of crazy, Chelsea v Ajax ending 4-4 after 1-4 and two Red cards for Ajax (Chelsea actually scored a fifth that was disallowed by VAR) and Dortmund vs Inter 3-2 after 0-2.

18 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

It looked Joe Theisman-esque, which is the epitome of gruesome sports injuries.

Given it was the ankle, Marquis Grissom is the first injury that sprung to mind. 

I heard a debate on the radio about how the British papers covered it. Perhaps not surprisingly,  the more sensationalist red tops showed the picture while the more left to center broadsheets did not.