DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

He doesn't seem to have a huge problem with Hunters from what I have seen when he is talking up exotics. This particular strategy is based on support supers which Hunters don't really have.

He has a video in his catalogue literally entitled I hate hunters.

In that entry since he was complaining about how we can equip Traction mods on Stompees....

....as if Titans can't almost replicate the same situation with Traction mods on Lion Ramparts...

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Bergusia is the easiest forge. 

Bergusia has the hardest Warden.

Volundr is by far the easiest forge.  Any super I use on the boss does the trick.

I would say Gofannon while armed with Riskrunner would be the easiest if it didn't have a boss that required me to use Blade Barrage to do any significant damage to it.  Every time I line up Shadowshot, the fucking Servitor Warden teleports away from my arrows.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They sure as fuck didn’t fix the connection issues

Newt and Watercress right out the fucking chute

No connection issues so far but I have yet to play Crucible.  I need to wrap this shit up before 8PM so I can get to my AEW / NXT channel flipping ritual.

56 minutes ago, J.T. said:

He has a video in his catalogue literally entitled I hate hunters.

In that entry since he was complaining about how we can equip Traction mods on Stompees....

....as if Titans can't almost replicate the same situation with Traction mods on Lion Ramparts...

Had no idea. kind of surprised since he doesn't seem to talk shit about them much in other vids.

57 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bergusia has the hardest Warden.

Volundr is by far the easiest forge.  Any super I use on the boss does the trick.

Bergusia has the Spider Tank Warden. That is way the hell easier than any of the other Warden bosses.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:
Bergusia has the Spider Tank Warden. That is way the hell easier than any of the other Warden bosses.

It is difficult to damage the Begusia warden with a super, but you can severely damage the other wardens with a super.  I like the Volundr warden because Hunters can damage him with either a roaming or flash super, meanwhile the mechanics for the Izanami and Gofannon wardens are mostly airborne so only Titans have the roaming supers to deal with them.

Phalanx Cabal used to be a problem in Volundr until AB Rounds came around.  Now they're cake.

Hey, my Point Defense System works again!  At least one good thing came from the nerf patch.

I was able to outgun a Hard Light user with SUROS in the Crucible today.   Yeah, the nerf is real.

I should be cashing in two or three more triumphs over the next couple of days.  The Heir Apparent should be mine by the weekend.

Edited by J.T.

So far, most of my disconnects usually happen when I try to play Gambit, however I do tend to get beet errors at the worst times when I am playing Crucible.

Beet errors cost me Glory points last weekend.  Still angry about that.

Spent about a hour completing 4 medals and now the game won't let me fucking cash them in

A newt and 2 watercress and I still haven't been able to get to the tower

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Spent about a hour completing 4 medals and now the game won't let me fucking cash them in

A newt and 2 watercress and I still haven't been able to get to the tower

Wow, I had no disconnects when I ran around knocking out my Wanted bounties today.  I will probably be back on after lunch to grab the new medals.  I should be on track to unlock one or two more triumphs today.

Edited by J.T.

Again - the problem usually comes when you have to go to anything involving "matchmaking" (for lack of a better word)

So I can hit a planet and as long as I don't leave I have no problems

The issue becomes when I transition to anything new - specifically the Tower or Crucible, Strikes, Forge, etc...

I still haven't finished my Crucible medals from yesterday because everything is so shit.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - the problem usually comes when you have to go to anything involving "matchmaking" (for lack of a better word)

So I can hit a planet and as long as I don't leave I have no problems

The issue becomes when I transition to anything new - specifically the Tower or Crucible, Strikes, Forge, etc...

I still haven't finished my Crucible medals from yesterday because everything is so shit.

I know it's in matchmaking.  I went back and forth to the Tower several times and had no issues.

I have occasional problems with the Crucible, but it's mostly stable.

Gambit is where I experience the most disconnects.

Edited by J.T.

I've had some slow loading times, but no disconnects so far.  Turned in enough Gold medals (like it matters...) to get my wonderful Guardian Games celebratory emblem that I'll get rid of once this whole thing blows over. 

I'm one triumph away from the machine gun.  That should happen tomorrow unless I go grab some more Additional Bounties, but I think I'd rather punch myself in the face rather than drag out tonight's adventures in Destiny 2.

Once I get this Gold medal done for Gambit, I'm going to chill with some Tubi.

Edited by J.T.

Same pattern remains - I play one match and then get a newt.

Reboot and get a watercress loading in.

Repeat.

I probably need to do a hard reboot of my XBOX. All I want to do is get one fucking Gambit medal

I always caveat my love of Supremacy with "if I'm on a smart team."

Supremacy is a nightmare when you have idiots on your side that don't pick up any crests:  allied or enemy.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Same pattern remains - I play one match and then get a newt.

Reboot and get a watercress loading in.

Repeat.

I probably need to do a hard reboot of my XBOX. All I want to do is get one fucking Gambit medal

Maybe your Wi-Fi router too?  My beet errors seem to have gone away for the time being after I rebooted the router about three hours ago.

I’m plugged directly into my cable modem so that isn’t the problem (though Xfinity has other ways of bending me off)

Its more likely on the Xbox side because a couple days ago it completely locked up and after hard reboot it was my best playing time this week... granted it only lasted 6 hours

I’m plugged directly into my cable modem so that isn’t the problem (though Xfinity has other ways of bending me off)

Its more likely on the Xbox side because a couple days ago it completely locked up and after hard reboot it was my best playing time this week... granted it only lasted 6 hours

I have noticed some strange outages with Xbox Live lately where my online friends list will alternate between showing everyone online and then glitching so that everyone looks like they're offline.

I've also seen very unstable LFG listings too.  I think my beet errors may be a result of Live, but the newt errors while connecting to Gambit are most likely from the game.

I was able to get my Gambit triumph, complete a forge run to get another Hammerhead and cash in like three more medals

Just got another newt so calling it a night 

Well, I think I've discovered one of the issues about why bounties sometimes don't progress in PvP and Gambit.  There is an established bug in the game that has never been fixed where your bounties occasionally won't progress if you are dropped into a match that is already in progress.

Now I know why they removed suspension penalties for Gambit Prime quitters this season.  They don't know how to fix the bug or if the bug is even fixable.  Obviously they won't lock activities after a certain time elapses because they don't want to penalize a team just because they had a rage quitter on their side.

Speaking of quitting.  People are completing that 25 Super Kills In Rumble triumph for Guardian Games by quitting out after they get a Super kill and starting up a new match.  I can't decide whether that is smart or cowardly.  I will probably start tackling that triumph this weekend since I should be pretty close to knocking out the lion's share of the GG triumphs by Saturday.  Once I get the Medals and Bounties triumphs done for GG, I'll stop doing them and that shold leave me a whole week to get in my Super kills in Rumble for the last GG triumph.

At some point before reset, I need to get in my Survival matches.

Edited by J.T.

There is a long piece at TWAB breaking down how they think it is totally fine that Titans are winning every single day

While clearly their math is right I think they totally ignored the psychology behind things

There is a long piece at TWAB breaking down how they think it is totally fine that Titans are winning every single day

While clearly their math is right I think they totally ignored the psychology behind things

I stopped reading at "'Fair' can mean different things."  Peter Sarrett clearly has his head stuck up his own ass.

I am glad that Cyberpunk 2077 and Bloodlines 2 are coming up in the Fall or later so that I can cheerfully quit this shit before the Second Annual Guardian Games comes around.