DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I still might make a run at this Rumble triumph

I played 2 matches and am up to 7 super kills already. Would have been better if I had remembered I was running bubble Titan in the match before halfway through it

I have ten but I think I'd rather punch myself in the face than play more Rumble, especially when most players are quitting out once they use their Supers.

It took 10 runs to get 5 ignitions and finish the medals.  I fucking hate Bergusia Forge.

Who'd have thought that Gambit Prime had the potential to be the least stressful activity I'd participate in tonight?

Survival was shit

First match rallied back from 3-1 down to win

Then proceeded to have two straight matches were a dude was afk for the first round and then dropped.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rumble was even worse since I ran into a dude cheating since he somehow wall hacked his way into hovering above fucking jump pads

Yeah, there are threads on the Bungie board about rampant cheating going on in Rumble and Trials.  Hopefully you were able to capture his cheats, report him, and convinced the other players in the lobby to report him.

I'm kinda glad I didn't bother with the GG Rumble triumph and thank God today is the last day of these fucking games.

Edited by J.T.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I clearly didn't care that much about the Rumble triumph as I ended up not playing at all yesterday

You weren't the only one.   I logged on long enough to shred my GG cloak for the materials and then logged off and listened to Count Zero on audiobook.

I should be on today for the Banner.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Next part of the mission is here as your are directed to visit Ana on Mars when you log in

Just now, RIPPA said:

Too much IB fuckery right now for me to keep playing

AFK guys

1/2 full teams

Dudes not taking damage

Yeah this is the mission that probably is for Felwinter's Lie. The community stuff is just the beginning. Public Events is what they say, but lets face they want us to do the Seraph Towers. Those will almost surely offer more towards the goal than the regular shit.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Too much IB fuckery right now for me to keep playing

AFK guys

1/2 full teams

Dudes not taking damage

This was happening to me last week in the regular parts of Crucible. The only good match I had was the last one I did to at least get the pinnacle reward in. That was Survival and a slaughter of the opposing team. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it is any PE but rumor is that Seraph Towers offers bonus progression towards the Felwinter's Lie quest.  I think Eivion is on point.

Do not fail me, community.

I love how LFG has exploded with requests for PE spam as if we're going to get this done in one fucking day.   There are about three weeks or so left in the season so I expect the quest to take three weeks..... if we all pitch in.

However given the growing sentiment of absolute loathing, I wouldn't count on that shotgun being fired by anyone anytime soon.

Edited by J.T.

Just saw a vid from Houndish going over it. Its definitely about getting Seraph Tower clears. Its also supposedly updating every 15 minutes or so....meaning update feature is either bugged or they really fucked this one up conceptually.

I tried five times with six randos in the EDZ and we never got better than 83%.  If Bungie wants to give us a legit shot at meeting this challenge, they'd better lower the bar.

I'll try to get in four clears before Tuesday if I find a dedicated LFG team, but the only thing I give a shit about right now is the Banner and the priority after that is getting Solar kills in Survival.  I started off on a three match losing streak in the IB, but now I'm on a two match roll.  I ditched on three teams that had AFK players.

I am torn.  I'd like to get my hands on the shotgun, but I'd also like to see this dumb event fall flat on its face. The perfect ending to the worst season on record.

Apparently it’s a total of 3 million (guardian) clears - 1 million for each Tower

I am amused at Aztec’s optimism that this would be done by the weekend

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently it’s a total of 3 million (guardian) clears - 1 million for each Tower.

Well, there appears to be outright mutiny on the Bungie board.  Can't really tell if it is the disgruntled minority or if they represent the majority of the community.

Everyone bitches so much it's hard to figure out.

I have a feeling it'll end up like Bastion anyway.  I busted my ass to clear the maze and get the quest a week early and what happens next? 

Everyone else gets it from a fucking vendor the following week.  What was the point of trying so hard if the remainder of the community gets it the easy way later on?

I'll take a legit shot at it this weekend just to say I got some clears during the event, but I'm not going to sweat over it like I did Bastion.

In the end, everyone will end up getting their shotgun.  

I just want it to be September already.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I tried five times with six randos in the EDZ and we never got better than 83%.  If Bungie wants to give us a legit shot at meeting this challenge, they'd better lower the bar.

First and only time I got a clear was with a team of 4-5 randos on the Moon last week when I was working on Destination bounties/medals. You basically have to focus 60-80% of your energy on tossing in the cells. 

It is relatively easier to get clears on the Moon because the Hive are idiots.  Nuke the tanky yellow bars and you're pretty much home free.

On the EDZ, you have Fallen and Cabal enemies on your plate, so you have a variety of opponents that can close in very quickly and fuck up the Tower charging cycle. 

It also doesn't help that Fallen Marauders can cloak and don't show up on motion tracker. Nothing sucks more than thinking you have a Tower clear only to have three invisible assholes just standing there taking up space.

On Io, you're up against the Cabal and the Vex, so same thing with rapid movement only the Vex can fucking teleport.

As of now think the EDZ is up to a robust 4% and the other zone are still at 1%.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Well, fuck.

I just got four clears in with some Euros for the EDZ effort.  It wasn't pretty and it was hustle hustle hustle all the way, but we got it done.

There were only six of us so we didn't get a flawless but there was heavy ammo and supers flying around all over the place.

Now I need to get some LLS clears and get my first reward from Rasputin in three fucking weeks.

Aztecross just posited an interesting theory. He suspects the newest event may have been set up with idea of us failing it purposely. It seems like the general theory is that the Almighty is absolutely taking out at least one of the planets to free up assets, and they may be using this event as a story aspect to do so. Aztec specifically mentions Titan being the likely victim though the lowest of the 3 planets involved in the event is another theory running around. Even if we somehow manage to succeed he thinks Titan is still getting ganked.

Kind of makes sense honestly. They can't keep using the same planets forever, especially with the game likely to go another 2-3 years minimum.

There is no way they would take the Moon out after doing all the work to add it as part of a major DLC (not to mention having a raid and dungeon there) so the "lowest of the three" thing definitely wouldn't happen for that

Aztec thought the same thing and I agree. I think the Titan theory is the one with decent merit. Poor Titan is just tied to so few things in comparison with all of the other planets/world spaces.