DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Starting with Season 12 (which starts Year 4) seasonal events will last all year

The example they use (though its written like Meltzer would have written it) if this was in place already, people would still be able to do the Saint 14 questline and get the exotics and the Sundial would still be active. (The Obelisks would still have gone away)

Starting with Season 11 - they will add select weapons from Seasons 8, 9 and 10 to the engram pool

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I stopped reading at "'Fair' can mean different things."  Peter Sarrett clearly has his head stuck up his own ass.

I mean I benefit since I am a Titan but the daily rewards are shit anway

That being said - even I was offended by "Hunters and Warlocks just need to try harder!" line

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

Starting with Season 12 (which starts Year 4) seasonal events will last all year

The example they use (though its written like Meltzer would have written it) if this was in place already, people would still be able to do the Saint 14 questline and get the exotics and the Sundial would still be active. (The Obelisks would still have gone away)

Starting with Season 11 - they will add select weapons from Seasons 8, 9 and 10 to the engram pool

By that time I probably won't care.

Just now, RIPPA said:

I mean I benefit since I am a Titan but the daily rewards are shit anway

That being said - even I was offended by "Hunters and Warlocks just need to try harder!" line

Precisely.  If the rewards are shit, there is no incentive to try harder.   People are gaming the game to get to the machine gun as fast as they can.

That is the underlying psychology.  

The draw of Guardian Games is the Heir Apparent, not the competition itself.  Hence why I think that Peter is a fucking idiot.

Which side tangent - you only need 7 of 9 Triumphs to get Heir Apparent, you really don't need to do the Rumble kills

You are just torturing yourself

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Which side tangent - you only need 7 of 9 Triumphs to get Heir Apparent, you really don't need to do the Rumble kills

You are just torturing yourself

The White Emblem triumph says you need 11 triumphs, but there are 12 GG triumphs.

So either Bungie's math sucks again or one of the triumphs doesn't count and if that's the case, it's probably the one you get for grinding 7 and unlocking the Heir Apparent.

I'll know the answer before the weekend is over.

Edited by J.T.

I see no White Emblem Triumph nor does anything come up when I Google it so I have no idea what you are taking about

Star Athlete is the one that says All Triumphs = 11 and that is the one that doesnt count towards the total

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I see no White Emblem Triumph nor does anything come up when I Google it so I have no idea what you are taking about

Star Athlete is the one that says All Triumphs = 11 and that is the one that doesnt count towards the total

The reward emblem for Star Athlete is white.  So white that you can barely see the text on it.

And it was me that bungled the math.  I think I counted the Star Athlete triumph as counting towards itself.   I blame fatigue after two straight afternoons of yardwork before yesterday's deluge.

As for torturing myself, eh.  I've noticed that I have gotten a bit sloppy in PvP lately so I have been thinking of playing some Rumble to tighten up my game.  I still plan on quitting once Cyberpunk gets here, but I am no going to tank on my effort to get the Mountantop and the Luna's Howl.

Edited by J.T.

I am almost at an Infamy reset so I am doing more Gambit then I should

Then I pretty much have to grind forges and destinations for a day or two

I have completed 11/12 GG triumphs.  I may go for the stupid Rumble triumph since I have over a week to complete it, but I'm done with medals and GG bounties.

The Heir Apparent is not a bad weapon but I hate the lack of a targeting reticule.  I've fired it a couple times to say that I did, so it can go in the vault with the Komodo and the rest of the novelty weapons I rarely use.

I'll be on and off over the weekend trying to grind out Survival and get enough wins to secure my Mountaintop.  Hopefully I have a good streak of decent teammates who can help me get the job done.  I'd hit up LFG for a team, but most of the people there want to grind to Legend and I'm not about that right now.

The task now is to either get three wins and hope that puts me over the bonus, or get my usual 2 wins and a loss and hope that gets me close enough to Fabled that the Glory bump puts me over at reset.

Edited by J.T.

I am bouncing all over the place.

One strike- reboot

One Crucible match - reboot

I did manage two successful forge runs then the reboot came

And that isn’t counting the reboots when I get the black screen of death right at the start

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing like doing a full system reset and instantly getting a watercress

I haven't even bothered logging on this morning, but I'll be on this afternoon to continue my journey of sadness in the Survival playlist.

I may also try to run PoH so I can get my Prime Engrams up to 1010 LL finally.

Edited by J.T.

I did one forge and the got a newt so I figured that was a good as time as any to fully reset. I haven’t gotten back on yet

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I did one forge and the got a newt so I figured that was a good as time as any to fully reset. I haven’t gotten back on yet

I got on about an hour ago.  Ate one beet error in my first Survival match, got a suspension, got pissed, won two Supremacy matches and lost one, and now I am on a 2-0 run in Survival.  My first Survival win was a 4-1 pub stomp with me being the top killer with a 7.0 ER. 

Hard Light is still plenty lethal and it's getting me plenty of Solar kills towards the Luna's Howl quest.  It's not the cheap kills machine it used to be, but I am still melting guys that try to 1v1 with me under the impression that HL has been nerfed to the ground and they will win if they challenge me.

The second match was a bit of a struggle.  My team won a 4-3 squeaker.  We had one dude that kept pushing solo and losing our lives but once he got settled in, we were golden.  I knew the other team wasn't better than us.

I think one more win will either put me over Fabled or get me close enough to quit for the weekend and let the Glory bump after reset do the rest.

I think I am going to play a little more Supremacy to get some laurels in before today's soft reset. I'll probably kick the Survival can down the road and save it for tomorrow.  The second match was pretty stressful so now I need to play a few chill modes where the stakes aren't so high, but I still want to keep the PvP skills honed.

I totally forgot about collecting all three of the GG ghost shells, so I will at least play and generate laurels to run the table on the Ghost shells despite the fact that I don't really play a Titan or a Warlock anymore.

Edited by J.T.

I appreciate the rare moments when good shit happens to me in this game.  Won in Survival today in a 4-0 blow out and got to Fabled.  One of the players messaged me and the other player and thanked us for being blood drinkers and helping him win the match that got him his Recluse.  He'd been trying for weeks.

And then I was like, "No.  Thank you, dudes.  YOU TWO JUST HELPED ME GET MY MOUNTAINTOP!!!!" 

I am emotionally spent.  I will watch some of the Sentimental Swordsman marathon on El Rey and then fire my new gyrojet launcher in celebration later on tonight.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I average one "thing" about every two hours

It takes me multiple reboots right now just to play one Gambit/Forge etc...

I have 4 medals to cash in so my goal is just to get to the fucking Tower once today

Late last night/early morning I did some Gambit, forges, strikes, and Seraph towers to finish off multiple bounties and medals. I finally started hitting seasonal triumphs as a result. I think I'm 4 in for the Class Act Triumph. Now I just need to wait for Forge and Destination medals to come back. At some point today/tonight I will probably do today's stuff for Crucible and Strikes.

Will say this annoying bs is making me better at Arcstrider. I still rather be a Nighstalker or using a solar class, but I don't completely suck anymore at  Arcstrider and its subclasses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Will say this annoying bs is making me better at Arcstrider. I still rather be a Nighstalker or using a solar class, but I don't completely suck anymore at  Arcstrider and its subclasses.

Yeah, the most broken GG bounties for Hunters are the Nightstalker ones so I've been running Arcstrider and Gunslinger a lot.  I have upped my throwing knife game thanks to all of the Get 5 Precision TK Kills bounties I've had to run.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, the most broken GG bounties for Hunters are the Nightstalker ones so I've been running Arcstrider and Gunslinger a lot.  I have upped my throwing knife game thanks to all of the Get 5 Precision TK Kills bounties I've had to run.

With throwing knives its great when you are up against Cabal. I hate fighting Fallen and Vex. Will say that the distance kills for the knives does seem to be off somewhat. Not sure I have finished on of those yet despite getting tons of kills with them by they the precision version or the slinging version.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

With throwing knives its great when you are up against Cabal. I hate fighting Fallen and Vex. Will say that the distance kills for the knives does seem to be off somewhat. Not sure I have finished on of those yet despite getting tons of kills with them by they the precision version or the slinging version.

I think all of the "from long range" bounites are bugged.  I have hit targets with the bottom tree Gunslinger's Weighted Throwing Knife from miles way with precision and have never gotten bounty progress.  It is probably screwed up the same way that the Mission Control medal for long rang sniper rifle kills was.

Sweet, sweet Mountaintop.  Where have you been all of my life?

It's a very effective niche weapon that takes some getting used to.  The micromissles have no tracking so you have to be good at anticipating movement and firing where you think your enemy is going to go rather than where he's currently standing.  I will say that the Mountaintop is the perfect counter for hovering Warlocks and Titans who are boosting defensively to get away from you.  

It also provides excellent defense against shotgun apes.  Three of the nine kills I got with it today were against dumbass hunters sliding in to cap me with a shotgun.  It is also a really good weapon to use when flanking.  I caught a two or three guys flatfooted in Control play today who were ADS in one direction and did not notice me attacking from the side.  A couple of them took a really bad Mulkey Brothers bump before hitting the ground dead.

Mountaintop  / Hard Light / Hammerhead has proven to be a really good PvP load-out.  I'll probably keep using it in Valor matches, but I'll swap out Hammerhead for Avalanche when I'm chasing Solar kills in Survival.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I am unable to get my exotic because I can only connect 5% of the time will officially be the end of me and this game

You and a good percentage of the player base if the Bungie boards are to be believed.   The Newt / Watercress thread is one of the largest on their forums.

If you quit for good, let me know so that Eivion and I can bail from the clan or make us clan admins so that we can recruit.

Edited by J.T.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 4:52 PM, J.T. said:

He has a video in his catalogue literally entitled I hate hunters.

Edited by J.T.