DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Guardian Games is the bounty grind I expected. Heir Apparent appears to be triumph based so its best to focus on completing those if you want to get in and get out ASAP.

Forgot to mention when I was running Reckoning a few weeks back that I finally got Gnawing Hunger. It was masterworked with Overflow and Rampage. It is a wonderful weapon and I can see why some are desperate for it. So damn fast, stable, and hard hitting with a good 48 magazine even before the overflow (where it becomes 96).

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well they jacked up the difficulty for the Towers

Saw something bout the Towers being updated. Didn't think they would increase the difficulty. With all the yt people being down on the game right now and running a seasonal event that seems kind of dumb. I just know the Towers are Io were so damn empty whenever I went there. Wonder if its better on the Moon and Earth.

• Like 1

Hey, hey.  What do you say?  

Ya boi, JT, is AL-Mi-TAY~!

The thing about the Towers is that it's not just the difficulty that's ramped up.  There is a new mechanic where more of the Towers will come online the further you go and I believe you receive a time penalty every time you fail a Tower defense.  You'll start off with one to defend, then two after a few successful defense, and then you'll have to defend all three at the same time on the final cycle.  Complete it and the Champion fight is gravy compared to what you went through to get there.

I managed to get in with some randos that flawlessed the Moon towers (TRIUMPH SEAL~!) and you pretty much need nine solid people in order to get the satellite launched.  There were a lot of dumbasses just wandering around the Winding Cove that weren't even bothering to help out, so if I don't find a dedicated team to tackle the EDZ, this week's Seraph Towers bounty probably won't get done.

I managed to turn in all of my Guardian Games medals today.  The Strikes took the longest.   I actually had to find a Legend Ordeal team to coordinate with so that no one would steal my Solar kills. 

PvP was a much different story and fortunately it was a happy one.

I went apeshit in the Crucible rolling in a six stack of other Hunters and I got the remaining Controlled Trajectory medals I needed for Mountaintop. My boys covered me so that I almost always had heavy and I was careful about taking my shots.   My dudes also coordinated with me to guide me to soft targets so that I didn't waste ammo.  It was good to work with dudes who wanted to see me succeed.  

We rolled together until everyone had gotten the kills for the Gold medal and the laurels for the Silver.  Of course we all ran as Hunters because the Silver bounty completes at a faster rate if you teammates generate laurels of the same class as you.  That's why you see PvP teams calling out for Titans Only or Warlocks Only.  I expect to see a lot more six stacks of single classes until the Games conclude.

All I need to do now is get to Fabled Glory to finish up the Mountaintop weapon quest and it is likely I'll do that this weekend if I don't get paired with too many idiots or PvP trash cans that don't belong in a small teams lobby.

The latest update also broke Season Passes so I cannot access my Point Defense System for my bunkers and I don't plan on fucking doing Bunker Busters every damn day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Saw something bout the Towers being updated. Didn't think they would increase the difficulty. With all the yt people being down on the game right now and running a seasonal event that seems kind of dumb. I just know the Towers are Io were so damn empty whenever I went there. Wonder if its better on the Moon and Earth.

It is better on the Moon, I think, since that seems to be the preferred location for players trying to get the Flawless run they need to finish their Almighty triumph seals.  Unfortunately only EDZ clears count towards the Seraph Tower weekly bounty.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

.Forgot to mention when I was running Reckoning a few weeks back that I finally got Gnawing Hunger. It was masterworked with Overflow and Rampage. It is a wonderful weapon and I can see why some are desperate for it. So damn fast, stable, and hard hitting with a good 48 magazine even before the overflow (where it becomes 96).

That's the curated roll, you lucky bastard!  Good shit, man!  You'd be wise to use it as your Primary in PvP and start plunking away with the Colony if you are chasing the Mountaintop.  Gnawing Hunger won't outlast a SUROS or Hard Light,  but the curated roll is more than a match for most autos out there.

The Colony is the probably the best grenade launcher to use if you are chasing the Mountaintop.  You only get three rounds per Heavy Drop in PvP, but if you are smart about picking your targets, the weapon is sure to generate at least one guaranteed kill and even more if you are playing Control and can catch people napping who are trying to cap a zone.

Guardian Games is the bounty grind I expected. Heir Apparent appears to be triumph based so its best to focus on completing those if you want to get in and get out ASAP.

Yeah, that's the plan.  Turn in as many medals and bounties as I can as often as I can.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention I unlocked the clan banner today though going off of the above I'm guessing JT did most of the work.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

That's the curated roll, you lucky bastard!  Good shit, man!  You'd be wise to use it as your Primary in PvP and start plunking away with the Colony if you are chasing the Mountaintop.  Gnawing Hunger won't outlast a SUROS or Hard Light,  but the curated roll is more than a match for most autos out there.

I was wondering if that was the case. I've used it a few times in PvP, and I do love it though you are right about it still losing a fight with Hard Light and Suros. I would probably add the Summoner as well. I

• Like 1

I checked the podium right before I logged off for the night.  Even with the weighted score, Hunters are running away with the medal count on Day One of the games.  As more people begin to run their alts over the weekend, Titans and Warlocks will probably start to gain on Hunters.

Black Armory Forges are one of the activities we have to medal in so it might no be a bad idea to get Ada-1's weekly bounties done but not turned in just in case you have to complete weapon frames in order to medal.  If you're lucky, you'll get a good roll on the Black Armory Galliard auto rifle to use in PvP.  It and the Gnawing Hunger are arguably the best purple autos out there, but the Misfit and Uriel's Gift with PvP rolls are still melting faces out there.

Edited by J.T.

I was able to do my 4 strikes (3 for the weekly and one Ordeal pass) before getting a newt error and I cursed the game and stopped playing

I think when they fixed things like quests for Sleeper and Outbreak if it also changed things in like the Nightfalls.

It took FOREVER to kill that fucker in Insight Terminus.

It wasn't hard it was just that that son of a bitch is suddenly a motherfucking bullet sponge and getting him to his first health gate seemed to take 5 minutes.

I mean normally you can nuke him really quick. Not anymore.

It felt like Iron was a stealth modifier all of a sudden

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I checked the podium right before I logged off for the night.  Even with the weighted score, Hunters are running away with the medal count on Day One of the games.  As more people begin to run their alts over the weekend, Titans and Warlocks will probably start to gain on Hunters.

Eh... I am thinking they just didn't balance for the population difference enough

I needed a break and wanted to shoot things in the head.

Made the mistake of doing some vault management first. Then got a newt/watercress combo

Back to Borderlands

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eh... I am thinking they just didn't balance for the population difference enough

Titans and Warlocks are starting to make a good run now.  I just think that the dumb podium doesn't update in real time.

Finished the exotic quest and claimed the Guardian Games hunter ghost shell while grinding laurels in Volundr Forge and chipping away at this Black Armory special bounty I just got.

You have to accumulate 600 laurels in Forges as a part of the Great Deeds triumph, so you may as well do it on the easier forges (Volundr, Gofannon) and skip the troublesome ones (Izanami, Bergusia) as players these days seem to have forgotten the old forge strats.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah, the bounties constantly have me switching sub-classes.  Cannot double dip.

Hunters took the Gold on Day One.  Color me unsurprised.

These stupid Nightstalker bounties are giving me a fit, so maybe the Titans will take Day Two as all Hunters rage quite over being shit at tethers and go play Division 2.

I was trying to finish up my ones from yesterday before grabbing new ones

I have 2 that have me running Code of the Protector - which is fine - but it is fucking impossible to melee kill or get suppressor grenade kills in Crucible. So I might as well head to the EDZ

Got 3 matches done and then got a newt - so I went back to doing work.

I will try again after walking the dog

44 minutes ago, J.T. said:

These stupid Nightstalker bounties are giving me a fit, so maybe the Titans will take Day Two as all Hunters rage quite over being shit at tethers and go play Division 2.

Actually works fine for me since Nighstalker is my norm.

The Gambit medals were perfect

Got all three done in the three matches for the weekly (1 full Gambit match, 1 full Gambit Prime and 1/2 regular Gambit match that I was put in after the First match)

Gambit is also fucking perfect for farming Laurels with my Titan. I put Skullfort on and have charged melee attacks for days

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Actually works fine for me since Nighstalker is my norm.

The Way of the Pathfinder bounty appeared to be bugged but it just required triumph level coordination to pull off.  I abandoned it and just generated enough Additional Bounties to satisfy the Gold medal requirement.

Looks like Titans will take Day 2 of the games.

The Forge medals actually weren't that bad.  I was with guys who were smart enough to hurl batteries at the forge to get the timer up to over two minutes and then we just farmed each other's laurels until the timer got down to about a minute and a half and then we'd go back to throwing batteries to bump the time back up.  

Getting the laurel points for the Silver medal took two runs and I was done with the Bronze and Gold for enemy kills in one run.  I was wrong about one thing as it doesn't look like weapon frames factor into the medals... which is kinda stupid since that's the whole point of going to the forge.

The Gambit medals were also pretty easy.   I ran Arcstrider with Raiden Flux, so I generated laurels for days.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

El Gato seems to have found a good spot to do that dumb Chain Reaction bounty.

Hunters are not alone.  It looks like every class has at least one broken GG bounty or at least completing it is incredibly complicated.

Bungie does not playtest jack shit.

I had the right idea when I went to K1 Revelation to spam my super on the group of Acolytes, but even that group isn't large enough for bounty progress and it doesn't look like you can't use weapons or grenades to initiate the detonation.  The bounty appears to only generate progress if you only use your super for the chain detonation.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Yeah - for Titans it is the bounties that require you to kill things with your super from long range

First it was Sentinel Shield. Then it was hammers

In both cases - no matter how far you are standing away nothing counts as progress. On each one I got 2 of the 10 kills necessary and I have no fucking clue how I got those 2

Now they are doing all day background server maintenance today so hopefully they an at least make progress on the next/watercress/beetle/all those other errors

Just tested El Gato's strat and it works.   I guess I'm headed to Lunar Battlegrounds every time I get a dumb mass tether bounty.  

The Snare Bomb bounty is also a bit annoying.  You have to wait until the status ailment icon is above your target's head before you kill him.  If you kill the enemy too quickly after using your smoke melee, you don't get the progress.

Also, some weak enemies will die immediately when you use a Snare Bomb, so you have to be selective about your targets since you're using a powered melee attack and it will take forever for the cooldown timer to expire depending on your STR stat and whatever mods you have equipped.

Edited by J.T.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now they are doing all day background server maintenance today so hopefully they an at least make progress on the next/watercress/beetle/all those other errors

I ran into a lot of beetle errors last night during Gambit, but that's the only game mode where I have experienced regular disconnects.  I haven't had the problems with rampant disconnects as you seem to be encountering.

Warlocks are making a last minute run.  Hunters may go from first to worst on Day 2.  No one is catching up to the Titans before reset / server outage.

I have learned to see the signs right away if I am going to get booted and it is definitely more common when trying to do match-made things than just patrolling.

The big gamble is the first load in because I get the big screen of black death and it is 50/50 whether I get loaded in or booted back to the main screen. If that happens - I dont even bother trying again until later.