DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I mean Mercury is the correct answer but it probably will get spared because of the Infinite Forest. (Though the seasonal events have proven that you don't technically need the planet for that.)

I know JT wants Mars gone but they aren't touching that since they just had someone completely revoice Ana

Well, today has been about as productive of a day as I've had since the Guardian Games.

• Completed Pit of Heresy.
  • Got a time trial clear for the Fanatic's Master Nightmare Hunt.
  • Got a win in the IB with a 4.67 ER.
  • Soloed Skydock IV three times to finish Rasputin's Weekly Challenge after getting 4 Seraph Tower clears in the EDZ this morning.

As for the point of discussion, I don't think that Bungie would deliberately sabotage the event.  I don't believe they took a boycott into consideration when coming up with the challenge.  There is a rather vocal segment of the community that genuinely wants this quest to fail and the unpopularity of this season is costing Bungie customers.

So no, I don't believe this event was designed to fail so that they would have an excuse to blow up a planet.

I have a hard time believing the rumors given that they originated on 4Chan, but it does make sense that Bungie would get rid of Titan and replace it with a planet with a bit more utility.

Too bad that all of this wonderful change will happen in Fall when I plan on trading in space magic for wetware on September 17th.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Yep, they're afraid the community will purposefully tank the event so the Tower event has been tweaked.

This bodes well for people still chasing the Almighty triumph seal.

The EDZ is now at 17% and there is little over a month left in the season.  We'll see what happens.

I'm good for making 4 runs per week for Rasputin's challenge.  Not sure about anything over and above that, but I'll pitch in if anyone is running the event while I am just fuztzing about.  

Edited by J.T.

Not sure what I will do. With GG done and having Heir Apparent there really isn't much for me beyond the story stuff. Might just focus on FF7R and FO76 for the next week or so. Hat said the appeal pinnacle rewards does make me consider IB at least.

Apparently some folks did the math and at the pace it was going before the changes it would have failed. Now it should be done before the next reset 

I only did IB last night and finished two of the bounties. A combination of good luck and an all melee build allowed me to do the advantage and abilities one which is rare since normally I finish the matches one first

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently some folks did the math and at the pace it was going before the changes it would have failed. Now it should be done before the next reset.

EDZ is at close to 30% now but the Moon and Io are still at the one-ish to two-ish percent.  We'll see if the numbers improve over the weekend.

Odd how they were able to magically tweak Towers to bump up the progress but there was no reversal of the medal weights to re-balance Guardian Games.

I am done with one IB bounty and a decent bit of grinding will knock out the other three.   I should also knock out the primary Crucible playlist and get some Gambit Prime in since those events also grant Pinnacle Gear.  I should be at a solid 1010 LL pretty soon.

Edited by J.T.

EDZ is now over 34%.  Europe is putting in the work.

The threads on the Bungie board calling for a boycott just make me want The Lie event to be a success.  Once I get all of my pinnace stuff out of the way, I will devote more time to creating satellites with flaming spheres.

Edited by J.T.

Today was the opposite of yesterday.  A little progress but mostly frustration.

Lots of idiots in Quickplay and Iron Banner and lots of AFK idiots and morons in the Winding Cove that cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a flaming sphere.

I've got the ability kill IB bounty left to complete.  Once that's done I'll grind Gambit Prime and it's Survival over the weekend.

From the looks of the TWAB, Bungie won't be sunsetting gear per se, but weapons will have a year long viability date before an enforced power cap takes place.  This is supposed to start up in Season 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up locking this thread in September.  I have a feeling the three of us that still play and post in this thread will be tapping out after next season.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up locking this thread in September.  I have a feeling the three of us that still play and post in this thread will be tapping out after next season.

Have to admit even though story aspects interest me I wouldn't be shocked if I end up focused on Cyberpunk in September or going through my backlog to finally play DQ XI, Witcher III, & or Persona 5.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Have to admit even though story aspects interest me I wouldn't be shocked if I end up focused on Cyberpunk in September or going through my backlog to finally play DQ XI, Witcher III, & or Persona 5.

The Bungie boards are hilarious.  

Personally, I think that sunsetting is long overdue.  Code bloat is arguably the reason why we're experiencing so many issues with the game today and the guts of the game need to be patched and streamlined.

The problem is that in the past, Bungie has cheerfully introduced game breaking items into the data pool and took their sweet time rebalancing the game.  Even worse, some of those items took forever to grind (ie. it took me four months to get the Mountaintop) so these items aren't just data to some players:  they are trophies of achievement.

While it's true that items won't go away, obsolescence is just as bad. 

My issue with weapon sunsetting in this game is that I don't trust Bungie to implement it properly and I also expect them to introduce weapons that are just as toxic as the ones we have now (if not worse) to either reward the faithful or entice the departed to return to the game.

As for me, in September my name will be V.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Yeah - since I have been expecting it for awhile now I am not surprised.

I am a little disappointed that pinnacle weapons aren't exempt (like Exotics)

Like there is no point in me trying for Mountaintop now because by the time I get it - it will be shit

Trials weapons are not exempt either.  Only exotics.

Everyone who has a god roll Summoner is fucking livid.

OTOH, the one good thing about weapon sunsetting is that it will destroy win trading, token farming, and account recoveries in about six months.... until a new meta evolves.  

If Bungie is smart about game balance (which I don't believe it will be), it could nuke the underground economy and start off with a clean slate.

Some of my friends are trying to get me to play Apex Legends, but I'm not really interested in playing a game that is strictly PvP.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Bungie boards are hilarious.  

Personally, I think that sunsetting is long overdue.  Code bloat is arguably the reason why we're experiencing so many issues with the game today and the guts of the game need to be patched and streamlined.

The problem is that in the past, Bungie has cheerfully introduced game breaking items into the data pool and took their sweet time rebalancing the game.  Even worse, some of those items took forever to grind (ie. it took me four months to get the Mountaintop) so these items aren't just data to some players:  they are trophies of achievement.

While it's true that items won't go away, obsolescence is just as bad. 

My issue with weapon sunsetting in this game is that I don't trust Bungie to implement it properly and I also expect them to introduce weapons that are just as toxic as the ones we have now (if not worse) to either reward the faithful or entice the departed to return to the game.

As for me, in September my name will be V.

Yeah this is more or less what i think. Sunsetting is fine, but it would also be nice for them to stop purposely introducing overpowered shit in the first place. 

• Like 1

Wow, I have played zero D2 today and I don't think it's likely I'll play any this weekend.  Not even Survival.

I may have already mentally checked out.

I actually don't mind it when there is less to do. It actually makes me displeased with the game less since I don't feel like it is a "job" to play

I need to play some to finish those two IB bounties and maybe some Survival

I guess I should do the weeklies for pinnacle gear. A lot of this will depend on how shitty the weather is tomorrow

I don't necessarily think of it is as a job per se but I like to play with purpose.   It feels good to drive towards a goal, whether it be a weapon or a higher LL.

It just feels dumb to plunk away at something that will be useless in six months, even if I agree with the reasons why the sunsetting overhaul needs to be done.

I don't understand why armor will get a freshness date, though.  I am not doing Tier 3 Reckoning all over again for a third set of Notorious Gambit gear.

Edited by J.T.

Doesn't matter.  I think I am done playing.  Haven't logged on since Thursday and I don't think I'm likely to.

Debating on whether or not to get Saint's Row The Third remaster when it comes out in a few days.

It is much better now with days off.

As in - take a few days off, then play for a couple of hours, take a few days off again

All I have left, that I want to accomplish, are Survival matches.

I will probably do them today/tonight because I am insanely bored at the moment... or I will take a nap. Who knows?

Don't think I have even logged in since Wednesday. Probably will try to do the IB stuff tomorrow

Apparently the community event was completed and people have been moving forward with the full quest only for the final quest step for Felwinter's Lie to be bugged.

The announced during the night that they identified the problem but that is it so far. Basically its "we are working on a plan and we will let you know once we figure it out"

The hotfix today was already planned and fixes other things

So The Lie is probably gonna be fucked until next week

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I got tired of Bungie's crap so I uninstalled D2 from my XB1 and got the D2 app off of my phone.  Officially done.

Again, I am not going that far since I have paid money for the content through the summer

However - at this point - I really can't see myself buying another season pass