DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Because I got the season pass I will never be truly out but now that my bunkers are done outside of IB bounties this week and doing at least 3 survival matches my time will be elsewhere until the major patch comes out

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because I got the season pass I will never be truly out but now that my bunkers are done outside of IB bounties this week and doing at least 3 survival matches my time will be elsewhere until the major patch comes out

I will stick around long enough to see what it takes to get the Exotic SMG and complete this season's triumph seal, but I'm definitely not investing in a season pass after this one.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, they are disabling artifacts again for the IB.  It is very annoying.  There is no sense in leveling up anything for the IB if power no longer matters.  A series of shit decisions like these will most certainly help quitting be a lot easier when the good fall games start rolling in.

I noticed yesterday. I thought it was supposed to be a one time thing. Kind of annoyed.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will stick around long enough to see what it takes to get the Exotic SMG and complete this season's triumph seal, but I'm definitely not investing in a season pass after this one.

SMG? Isn't the only exotic left for the season the Cabal Machine Gun?

I did a whopping two games of IB. Won one, lost the other. Did surprisingly well in both games though of course it was the loss where I was the top guy on my team. Otherwise I spent most of my gaming yesterday on Fallout 76 and FF7R. That might be the pattern for a while though I probably will try to at least finish the IB bounties before the reset. I definitely can't do that on two matches a day with my skill.

Edited by Eivion

This game is so weird

Got on to see if I might be able to get one IB match in. Had no connection issues and was able to play for basically 2 hours straight.

I got paired up with such a bunch of murderers that I won 4 straight matches and finished the Get Kills While Having A Zone Advantage done.

Luck ran out when I was put on a team that immediately lost two players and faced a team with two Asian dudes who were blatantly cheating. Fortunately that ended in a quick mercy. Then the next match I was dropped into another match where the team I was put on was getting mercied. Still was able to get my zone capture bounty done. I decided to stop their and not push my luck any further.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT might be talking about getting Tarrabah out of Crown of Sorrows

Correct!  I am trying to schmooze my way into Bird's CoS raid this weekend, but I may end up playing PSO2 to see if I'm any good at it.   It's downloading right now.

I'm hoping that the Cabal LMG quest won't be the Xenophage of this season, but I have a feeling it will be ridiculously involved.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'm hoping that the Cabal LMG quest won't be the Xenophage of this season, but I have a feeling it will be ridiculously involved.

Supposedly its tied to the Guardian Games so there is a ok chance it won't end up as annoying as that.

• Like 1

I completely forgot about Guardian Games.  That is how little interest I have in D2 right now.

I finished one of my IB bounties last night and didn't play like total monkey ass, so that was a little encouraging.

Played some PSO2 last night and gained new appreciation for the Destiny 2 character inventory management system and quest log.  The PSO 2 HUD is very busy and not terribly intuitive.  I find myself jumping when I try to talk to someone.   It also has a potion drinking health recovery system which is so very 1980's in the worst possible way.

I'll stick with it for a bit, but I think I will tire of this game pretty quickly.  I think Sega's time would've been better spent pumping out a new PS game rather than building a somewhat clunky MMO.

Edited by J.T.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I still don't understand people who do Nightfall/Ordeals and when in the infinite forest just race through it instead of increasing the score

I hate those people.  I always do my best to help the team reach 100K.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Exotic is a Heavy Machine Gun

And it is a little unclear but it appears that it is going to be class vs class vs class

Supposedly the HMG provides an overshield when it spins up and then deactivates when you open fire.

And I am not sure who at Bungie thought it was a good idea for classes to compete against one another.   There is already enough animosity between hardcore mains and Hunters make up a significant portion of the player base even though most streamers play either Titans or Warlocks.  Most of the better PvP streamers out there also main Titans and Warlocks with the exception of Shroud.

I think CammyCakes mains a Titan, but he runs Warlock in a lot of his tutorials.

I'm getting precious few grenade kills towards the Mountaintop triumph with this damned Black Armory GL, but I'm still managing to play well and help my team get wins.  I've got the IB weapon kills bounty left to do and then I can try to get in my Survival and Gambit Prime shit in before Guardian Games.

I'm beginning to get the hang of PSO 2.  The HUD is very clunky, but I finally figured out how to apply my skill points and I'll head to this forest planet to beat up on something easy and practice some battle strats.

I also have to get a Mag license, whatever the fuck that is.

Edited by J.T.

Because there are so many more Hunters than everyone else - they are weighting the Hunters gains less than Titans or Warlocks

But then they were all PLEASE STILL PLAY AS HUNTERS!!! because I think they realized everyone would just switch to their other classes

We fully acknowledge that class populations are a little lopsided. Hunters are so fabulous with their capes that there are indeed more of them than Warlocks or Titans. To help offset this (so Hunters don’t steal the show every day), medals will be weighted slightly per class to maintain an even playing field. We aren’t fiddling with the numbers to force wins on alternate classes – Hunters could still take this entire thing if they put enough effort in.

I am not sure which is sillier:  PSO 2's anime future where war does not keep society from attending cringe worthy "live concerts" from the PSO clone of Lynn Minmei from Robotech or D2's superhero future where war does not prevent society from holding a polarizing competition between the protectors of the last city on earth.... where they probably celebrate by shooting at each other.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 4:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Because there are so many more Hunters than everyone else - they are weighting the Hunters gains less than Titans or Warlocks

But then they were all PLEASE STILL PLAY AS HUNTERS!!! because I think they realized everyone would just switch to their other classes

I am in it for the machine gun and that's about it.

Yesterday was a Crucible day of sadness.  It took me forever to grind out the last 20% of my IB weapon bounty because I was paired up with a lot of idiots.

See also Survival, but I did manage to scratch out a 3-1 record for the weekend and inch closer to the Solar kills part of Luna's Howl.  Also getting close to getting the Mountaintop triumph done, but the Calculated Trajectory medals are the bottleneck and I know the enemy team won't oblige if I ask then nicely to stand in a tight grouping so that I can nuke all three of them at the same time.

Edited by J.T.

I still haven't finished my IB bounties as it took all day to finally be able to get a stable enough connection last night

I am up to like 73% on the last bounty (the weapon kills one) and I can get a minimum 5% in a full match. Problem was after 4 straight matches where either my team won by mercy or lost by it - I bailed.

So I need to hope I can get a connection today to finish that and get 3 survival matches in.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yesterday was a Crucible day of sadness.  It took me forever to grind out the last 20% of my IB weapon bounty because I was paired up with a lot of idiots.

Ah, I see you had my yesterday where my teams kept losing despite regularly having the best rating or one of the best ratings in all but one match. A few of those were closes losses which I'm normally less bothered by except we started decently ahead in all of those. Somehow my team just started to suck halfway in, or worse, 3/4 way in. All of that just to finish up my last two IB bounties. I am now at 1018.

I still need to do 3 rounds of survival. Honestly, most of my time right now is being spent on Fallout 76 and FF7R. I skipped playing D2 for around 2-3 days.

• Like 1

Guardian Games stuff looks sooooo grindy.  Anything to keep me busy in game.

They must've figured out I've been secretly slumming it with PSO 2 on the weekends.

Edited by J.T.

God last night was a haul and a half

Took forever to get a stable connection to finally finish my last IB bounty and do Survival

Survival fucking sucked since I kept getting pairs with fuckers who had no business in comp

Each match I would have at least a 1.5 K/D. Everyone else - less than .5

My last match I just started actively throwing myself at the other team to get it over with

I forgot all about the chaos and hilarity of the evil fizzy purple drink in PvP during last year's Revelry which is probably why we're getting Guardian Games his year.  Wouldn't want to fuck Trials up with grenade and ability spam, now would we?

I guess I can go ahead and get rid of the set of Shinobu's Vow I was saving up to use this year. 

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ah, I see you had my yesterday where my teams kept losing despite regularly having the best rating or one of the best ratings in all but one match. A few of those were closes losses which I'm normally less bothered by except we started decently ahead in all of those. Somehow my team just started to suck halfway in, or worse, 3/4 way in. All of that just to finish up my last two IB bounties. 

My dudes would just play Clash and it would go downhill after that.  No one would push to get zone advantage.  I only needed weapon kills, but I still played to get wins.  Too bad the rest of my team did not follow my example.

I am about 1020 - 1024 depending on what I'm doing.  My running around armor is on the high side along with my Dreambane gear and my Gambit Prime armor could use some love if I'd ever get the drops I wanted.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

My experience with Survival last night was not so great either. First game I was just off and sucked. Felt like I was dragging down my poor team though we at least managed to win a round or two. Second game was in one of my worst levels in general. There I just don't think we ever managed to come together well enough. Not sure we even won a round in that on. Final game was easily the best and not just because my team won. It was just a more even and solid fight in general. I also was the top killer among everyone which was nice for once. usually when that happens I'm guaranteed a loss. Apparently I did well enough that a teammate messaged me gg though I completely missed it until this morning.

People on the PS4 have apparently finally caught on to Hard Light being a beast in PvP. I've seen way more Hard Light douches the past two weekends than I saw the first few weeks of the season. Getting tired Bungie making bs overpowered weapons for Crucible each season. They clearly do this shit on purpose, and I have no idea why other than to be assholes.

Edited by Eivion

In IB - it was all Hard Light and Jotuun.

I have said this before but I never see Jotuun anymore until IB rolls around

Now to be fair - I was running with Hard Light too since I wanted to quickly get through that last bounty AND I was still working on the catalyst (which I also finished last night)

Patch Notes. Spoiler tag because it is giant since they list every fucking tracker they added

Spoiler

COMBAT
Fixed an issue in which Ward of Dawn was not generating Orbs of Light .
Fixed an issue in which Ward of Dawn could not be activated while holding a Sword.
Fixed an issue in which casting Nova Bomb did not consume your melee ability (Attunement of Hunger).
EMBLEMS AND TRACKERS
The "Playin' the Odds" emblem earned through the Gambit intro quest is now always claimable from Collections.
Players who have completed the Mjolnir mission, but did not correctly receive the Exotic Trace Rifle Divinity, will now have it unlocked and available to reacquire in their Collections.
Players who have completed the Forsaken campaign will find The Lawless Frontier lore book entry "By Thy Tongue Be Damned" completed and available to claim.
Emblem metrics added for emblem stat trackers that were present before 2.8.0, and display the same data as before.
Trackers added:
Season 8 Season Pass Rank Earned
Season 9 Season Pass Rank Earned
Fractaline Donated
Kills as a Sentinel Titan
Kills as a Striker Titan
Kills as a Sunbreaker Titan
Kills as a Flowwalker Hunter
Kills as a Nightstalker Hunter
Kills as a Gunslinger Hunter
Kills as a Stormcaller Warlock
Kills as a Dawnblade Warlock
Kills as a Voidwalker Warlock
Gold Medals Earned
Longest Glory Win Streak
Total Valor Resets
Pit of Heresy Solo Flawless Completions
Kills of Final Bosses in Hive Escalation
Completed Nightmare Hunts on Master Difficulty
Medal Tracker - 7th Column
Medal Tracker - Annihilation
Medal Tracker - We Ran out of Medals
Medal Tracker - Ghost in the Night
Medal Tracker - This Crown is Mine
Medal Tracker - I Made This for You
Medal Tracker - Undefeated  
Wins in Trials of the Nine
Flawless Tickets in Trials of the Nine
Kills in Crimson Doubles
Defeated Opponents When Under Effects of Iron Burden
Black Armory Forge Completions
Kills of Haunted Forest Terrors
Deepest Branch of Haunted Forest Cleared
Recipes Baked
Completed Branches of Verdant Forest
Number of Revelric Light Triggers During the Revelry
Completed Tier 3 Encounters During the Reckoning
Completions of Menagerie
Completions of Heroic Menagerie
Candy Collected
REWARDS
ARMOR
The Titan's Phoenix Cradle Exotic leg armor now correctly creates sunspots that have an extended duration and apply their benefits to allies when the Titan wearing the armor gets a weapon kill while standing in a sunspot.
Fixed an issue where the Warlock's Felwinter's Helm Exotic would incorrectly trigger after swapping the item off and on again.
Fixed an issue where some faction armors were not correctly allowing players to apply Faction Rally ornaments to them.
Seasonal mod sockets have been added to all armors available from world drops. See this article for more details. 
Players who met the requirements, but were missing Prestige ornaments for the Eater of Worlds raid lair, will now have them unlocked and available for use.
New players can still obtain Prestige ornaments from completing the Prestige (Heroic) Eater of Worlds raid lair along with the appropriate Leviathan boss challenges.
Fixed an issue that could prevent Eater of Worlds Prestige ornaments from appearing in the ornament slot on appropriate raid gear.
The Titan’s Aeon Safe Exotic gauntlets now lists the same melee trigger requirement on both its Tooltip and Details screens.
The Mantle of Remembrance ornament for Hunters’ Exotic gauntlets Shinobu's Vow will now properly replace the item icon to reflect the change in appearance.
The Diadem of Deceit Exotic ornament is now usable on the Year 1 version of the Warlock Exotic helm Crown of Tempests.
The Nano Redux Exotic ornament is now usable on the Year 1 version of the Hunter Exotic chest armor Raiden Flux.
The Huskcrushers Exotic ornament is now usable on the Year 1 version of the Titan Exotic leg armor Dunemarchers.
The chest armor mod Large Arm Reserves now properly provides increased ammo reserves for Shotguns.

ECONOMY
Nightfall: The Ordeal Grandmaster difficulty now grants Season 10 Season Pass Exotic weapon catalyst quest progression.
Crimson Day Sparrows now have the correct event watermark (was The Dawning).
Duplicate individual emotes purchased separately from a bundle can now be opened.
Universal ornaments being sold for Bright Dust in the Eververse store now properly display the text "Already Purchased on Account" when owned.
Fixed an issue that caused the Warlock Season Pass universal chest ornament to erroneously cause an unreleased event’s universal ornament to also display as unlocked.
Trials of Osiris Ghost Shell will now drop with Crucible-related perks.

POWER AND PROGRESSION
Four weekly Powerful gear sources upgraded to Pinnacle (+1): Crucible, Strike, and Gambit challenges, and the weekly clan engram.
Fixed an issue where the Trials vendor engram was not previewing rewards at the correct power level.

WEAPONS
Fixed an issue with The Fourth Horseman where its Broadside perk would fail to replicate its effects over the network.
Fixed an issue with Breech Loaded (Special ammo) Grenade Launchers that resulted in them having a significantly reduced blast radius.

WORLD SYSTEMS 
Completing Warden of Nothing now counts for a Fallen boss kill for the weekly Strike bounty: Serve the Servitors.
Fixed an issue causing Warden of Nothing to give double Champion Rewards.
For the Wish-Ender Exotic quest, any players who were missing Uncharged Tokens after turning in their Awoken Talisman and then completing the "???" secret mission, will now find them in their Pursuits.
If a player's Pursuits are full, they will find the Uncharged Tokens added once they've cleared some space and then returned to orbit or re-logged into Destiny 2.
Dreaming City world chests are awarding Glimmer again.
Fixed an issue where players could get blocked from obtaining the Essence from the Bad Juju mission The Other Side, preventing completion of the Bad Juju Exotic quest Spellbound.
A player could get into a bad state if, before being on the quest themselves, they joined another player on the appropriate quest step, completed The Other Side mission, obtained the Essence, and then bound it to obtain Bad Juju.
Players in this bad state, who have obtained Bad Juju and completed The Other Side mission, but have not completed the Spellbound Exotic quest, will now be able to Bind Essence at the altar to complete it.
Fixed an issue causing a crash when players attempted to turn in their Awoken Talisman to the statue of Sjur Eido in the Shattered Throne dungeon.

UI
Made a change so that completed bounties now sort to the top of the bounty bucket, grouping them together. 
Friends listed in a player's roster should no longer show up as black nameplates with zero Power.

GENERAL
Fixed an issue where the Champion Servitor's invulnerability beams were not appearing during Seraph Tower events.
Fixed a string identifying for the four Seraph weapons to include the word "Source:" so players know where to obtain the weapons.
Fixed an issue where the  Rasputin bounty, The Lost Classics was not counting Classic Mix matches. 
Added the activity rejoin functionality in the Trials playlist.
Fixed an issue where fully upgrading a destination bunker sometimes doesn't unlock the Warmind Security Triumph.
The “Seasonal Triumphs Complete” field now increments when Triumphs are completed.
Added Vex barriers to the Grove of Ulan-Tan Legendary Lost Sector.
Fixed an issue in the Seraph Towers public event where Ana’s dialog would still call out towers being overwhelmed when the towers are down and Champions are present in the final phase.
Fixed an issue with the Heavy Frame spawning away from its platform in The Quarry and Scavenger's Den Legendary Lost Sectors on EDZ.
Fixed an issue affecting the difficulty scaling of several activities including Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour missions.

Oh God Dammit - the dream is dead

Fixed an issue affecting the difficulty scaling of several activities including Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour missions.