DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I figured out what it was

I was looking at the wrong Badge

The title needs the Destination Badge. I was looking at the Exotic one

Yeah I am never getting this one since you need all the IKELOS weapons and those fuckers refuse to drop for me

EDIT: Not to mention missing the Osprey

IIRC all of the IKELOS weapons are lottery drops now, but the rate is still random.  You should get at least one ever couple of completions but EPs are still time consuming and I hate doing anything on Mars.

You have a better shot at getting the Osprey from Strange Terrain this week, but that's not saying much.

I have never gotten the transmat effect reward from Will of the Thousands.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - so I lied

I ended up staying on and playing more since I still haven't gotten my work assignment for the day and my connection was the best I have had in like 2 weeks.

Did a full escalation protocol run and then did one pass of the Ordeal since I wanted to get credit for running Broodhold once

I am required to finish this Linux class by Friday and I also need to finish the coursework to renew my DAWEA II certification.  Lots and lots of accreditation crap to do this week.

I got my 100K run done last week for Broodhold. It is a pain in the ass.  In Anahn's burning wave can wipe everyone in an instant and there aren't enough adds to get 100K at 970, but I was with a good crew of Brits that knew what they were doing so we were able to knock it out at 1000 LL without too much trouble.

Like I said in the previous post, I try to do as little on Mars as I can.  I fucking hate Mars.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I have gotten like a billion EP clears over the last few months and all I get is the Armor and Shaders

I mean at least I have a full set of the armor now

But yeah between the the lack of IKELOS and the fact I never get the last node I need - Mars can go fuck itself

Almost forgot to mention that I got a Seraph hand cannon with Fourth Time's The Charm and Vorpal Weapon.  It's a pretty good PvE weapon.  It's a Precision Frame with Accurized Rounds, so that allows me to consistently hit head shots on bosses to proc both of the perks even though it has garbage range.

It's pretty good as a general boss killer but Malfeasance and Wish-Ender are better for specifically erasing Taken bosses.

Now I need to get a Seraph SAW with a not so shitty roll.

Edited by J.T.

Really wish I could get a Seraph Shotgun that didn't have Slideshot

I know a lot of folks love that but I never fucking slide (or forget to)

At least the one I am using has Trench Barrell

Did a handful of survival matches last to finish up the Not Forgotten LH kills step. First few were losses with one even being a 2 on 3 situation. Honestly had we had a third we could have won that seeing that we won 3 rounds. Last two games were a bit better., especially once I finished up the quest step and changed my weapons around. Now I have to get to Legend for what I assume is the final step of Not Forgotten. I completely forgot that face and suspect I will never get that weapon now though I'm going to try because why not.

Tomorrow the Wastelanders DLC for Fallout 76 drops and my older brother's copy of the FF7 Remake arrives. Destiny 2 won't be completely dead to me, but man will it be hard to give a fuck beyond IB with both of those here.

• Like 1

yeah - it looks like I am going to have to play in the am if I have any hope of staying on.

Got a newt and a watercress this afternoon/early evening.

Hopefully I can IB enough to get the pinnacle gear

I'm with Eivion.  The closer it gets to September when the game I really want to play is released (maybe two of them!), the harder it will be to give a shit about this game.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ironically today was the day I saw the news about the leak for the major Fall update 

If it's the rumor that started on 4Chan, it's obviously false just because it started on 4Chan.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If it's the rumor that started on 4Chan, it's obviously false just because it started on 4Chan.

Yeah - that's what I was talking about (though I didn't know it was from 4Chan at the time)

I just saw Khakis had a video up that was all MAJOR LEAK!!! FALL UPDATE!!! (I didn't watch it)

But I did see article this morning that basically shit all over it

Yeah, I unsubscribed to Kackis a long time ago.  He started off strong but now, he just stirs the pot and regurgitates rumors with no research or fact checking whatsoever.  His reports pretty much rehash whatever Datto or Gladd are saying at the time.

Speaking of Gladd, he's tweeted that he's not interested in streaming any Grandmaster Nightfall runs since the risk to reward ratio is not there.  I figured that there would be backlash from at least one major D2 content streamer over the BUNGIE ONLY LOVES STREAMERS~! notion.

I have a feeling the Grandamaster Nightfall thing is going to go over like a fart during Sunday service.   

Edited by J.T.

Datto has hinted a few times that his interest in Destiny is at an all time low right now.

I think he pretty much hinted that he was going to do Grandmaster Nightfalls just enough to get the associated Triumphs/Titles and that was it

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Datto has hinted a few times that his interest in Destiny is at an all time low right now.

I share his sentiment.  September cannot come fast enough.

I'd like to get back into Borderlands 3 but it has never really held my attention and I find myself being able to put it down faster than other games that were able to immerse me.

I don't think I'll have that problem with Bloodlines 2, Watch Dogs: Legion, or Cyberpunk 2077.  I've been thinking about picking up Witcher 3 but I am still bitter about Dragon Age and am not in a Sword / Sorcery mood.

Edited by J.T.

My biggest issue with Borderlands 3 right now is I have this weird bug that is constantly causing my character to drift (I updated my controller driver and it doesn't happen in Destiny)

But I am chugging away. I am not quite sure how long the main story is but I feel like I will finish it this weekend

Then it is off to finish Horizon Zero Dawn

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ironically today was the day I saw the news about the leak for the major Fall update 

I had no idea there was a "leak" until you mentioned it. Having read about it I'm kind of surprised someone would run with such obvious bs. At least they went with stuff partially built up I suppose. We aren't getting any of that shit for years if ever.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hinted? He has straight up said that several times, and some of those were before the current season.

Yeah, they are disabling artifacts again for the IB.  It is very annoying.  There is no sense in leveling up anything for the IB if power no longer matters.  A series of shit decisions like these will most certainly help quitting be a lot easier when the good fall games start rolling in.

Maybe even sooner if I hear enough good things about Phantasy Star Online 2.

There are now four pyramid ships on Rasputin's system wide detection system.  Too bad that I probably won't be around to care.

I was finally able to get on last night to fully upgrade my IO Bunker (since it was so hard to get into the bunker tanks to newt and watercress)

So I am getting a lot of stuff done. Go to the tower, get more bounties, try some Tower clears and I am all "Connections great IB here I come!"

And boom - get booted.

Gonna try again this AM to see if there are less players but this might be a pipe dream

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was finally able to get on last night to fully upgrade my IO Bunker (since it was so hard to get into the bunker tanks to newt and watercress)

So I am getting a lot of stuff done. Go to the tower, get more bounties, try some Tower clears and I am all "Connections great IB here I come!"

And boom - get booted.

Gonna try again this AM to see if there are less players but this might be a pipe dream

I was on long enough to play 3 matches.  Did okay, but would've been more effective if Bungie had not disabled my fucking artifact.

Ended the night on a somewhat upbeat note.  Teamed up with a decent bunch of randos to get four Io Seraph Tower clears. I also cleared the Io LLS and nailed all four champions solo.

Edited by J.T.

I am not sure why you are surprised they disabled it since they announced they were doing back at the same time they announced they were doing it for Trials too.

And most folks were in favor of it (remember when Trials was first announced they said they weren't disabling and everyone freaked the fuck out and that is why they changed their mind).

The logic was something like that artifact just boosts your level based basically on how much you are able to play the game and if Trials and IB are supposed to be the "highest way to test your skill" then the artifact shouldn't count

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure why you are surprised they disabled it since they announced they were doing back at the same time they announced they were doing it for Trials too.

And most folks were in favor of it (remember when Trials was first announced they said they weren't disabling and everyone freaked the fuck out and that is why they changed their mind).

The logic was something like that artifact just boosts your level based basically on how much you are able to play the game and if Trials and IB are supposed to be the "highest way to test your skill" then the artifact shouldn't count

People were definitely in favor of disabling the artifact for Trials.  The impression I got from the boards is that most people were in favor of leaving the IB it was.  Disable the artifact for the first tournament of the season and then enable it for the rest.  By the time the second tournament rolled around, there should be more people closer to the 1000K LL range.

No one plays the IB to test their fucking skill.  They play to exploit the power advantage.  It's the only time you will see PvE players regularly compete in anything PvP related because all they do is grind pinnacles and bounties, so their artifacts will usually have a higher power bonus than average.

The people that freaked out because of the Trials thing were mostly regular PvP players that do not do as much pinnacle grinding as hardcore PvE people.

Edited by J.T.

To be fair - they said its only disabled until they can introduce a "Power Cap Feature" of some sorts.

So its possible that will be in the big mid-season update (though I doubt it or it will break something)

But no one is ever happy. I mean the majority of the comments to that are YOU ONLY CATER TO THE CASUALS!!! while we already talked about the YOU ONLY CATER TO THE STREAMERS!!! crowd

The whole point of the IB is power and meta not withstanding, the whole point of Trials is skill.

The Power Cap solution is dumb.  Just enable the artifact for IB and disable it for Trials.  It doesn't get any simpler.

Bungie's solution to the issue just tells me that the code for the game is so bollocksed up that controls can't simply be swapped out for different playlists in the Crucible.  There has to be a fix that addresses PvP in general.

The problem really isn't that Bungie caters to one faction over the other.  The problem Is that the idiots don't know how to say no to anybody.  I had no issues with power advantages being turned on in Trials because I didn't really plan on participating that much anyway, but ultimately I think they should've been turned on and if PvP shotgun apes wanted to participate, they'd have to grind light like everyone else does.

Trials was never intended to be an inclusive event and the effort to make it inclusive is just creating more problems on which the game traders and account recovery players are making quite a profit.

Yeah, playing PSO2 to tide me over until September is looking more appealing by the minute.

Edited by J.T.

The artifact being on/off is so the least of my issues with the game now.

This was my morning

• Played an IB match - lost because my team lost a player mid-way through
  • Tried to play a 2nd - newt error
  • Complete reboot
  • Played 2nd IB match - won because the other team lost a player mid-way through
  • Immediately played a 3rd match where I was dropped onto a team that won via mercy 20 seconds after I joined
  • Tried to play a 4th match - newt error.

THAT'S the reason I have finally had the motivation to start playing other things again

I have the odd connectivity issues, but nothing as bad as what you're experiencing.  Like yours, my issues with the game are pretty fundamental and we really didn't have these issues until Season of the Worthy.  

The game is so glitched that in some cases, you don't even get any dialogue during Strikes and the cutscene intros to Crucible modes are usually all jacked up.

D2 appears to be in freefall as far as the code and the direction of the game go.

I'm going to check on that download size for PSO2.