DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I have the Fourth Horsemen Catalyst. I just don't grind it up since I don't love shotguns in general. 

Surprisingly still not done with that first part of the quest for Tommy's Matchbook catalyst. I think I did too few Nightfalls and Gambit before now.

I finally got Xenophage last night. Joined up with a rando on LFG and another joined us later. That was kind of on the annoying side since none of us quite knew what we were doing for a bit and that last fight was just annoying. I wish I knew how long it would take us since my boiling eggs had no water by the time I went to turn off the fire. That poor poor pot.

Did a few Warden of Nothing runs. One of them kind of pissed me off. We actually came close to 100K, but the idiot randos I teamed with killed the boss too damn early. They also nearly got us wiped during the mine phase because the idiots left their posts to kill enemies who I was already handling fine and would have otherwise ignored them. The last two games I tested out Xenophage. That might have been a mistake. The weapon is fine. We just happened to wipe the boss out just as he summoned his first prisoner both times. I did not realize it had that kind of power and will be a bit less murdery in future runs when trying to hit 100k..

• Like 1

I coulda warned you that Xeno hits pretty hard.  It is a really good weapon for Nightmare Hunts  One round can kill a bunch of the Solar shielded trash enemies if they stand in a clutch.  It's also good for Ordeal Nightfalls where Fallen are the enemy and there's that dumb modifier that equips all Shanks with a Solar shield.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Only did the Bunker, one failed Seraph run, & 1 Nightfall Ordeal to deliver in some quick bounties. The Nightfall Ordeal was easily the highlight. I finally did 100K with  team of randos. It was the first time I think I have been with anyone who truly knew what the hell they were doing in Nightfall Ordeal. We just kept pushing forward at a solid pace and after weakening the Servitor to near death, we just took our time to murder everyone in the final room till we hit the 100K point. Its nice to finally get that triumph done along with the pinnacle reward. As a bonus Ialso finished the quest for the Tommy Gun's exotic so now I can murder enemies with that for a bit to masterwork another exotic.

Yeah - I have leisurely being finish off quests.

I got Tommy's catalyst and the Gambit one done yesterday. I need to do one more Ordeal to finish off the Vanguard one (I am at 98% on points)

It's funny - after easily 3 getting Tower clears I can't get a 4th to save my life. Had two today that the time ran out and we literally need like 5 more seconds.

I also need to make sure I do one more Survival match.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ME: I am going to try and solo a Legendary Lost Sector again!

ALSO ME: Fuck... it's the quarry again

Yup - so much for that.

I'd say try the Moon LLSs, but those are actually worse.

Cosmo confirmed that the double Nightfall rewards is a bug but it is specific to Warden of Nothing (and they will have it fixed for next time)

But he said to "go ham" with it now.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Honestly they should keep it around. Warden of Nothing will likely be the hardest Nightfall Ordeal on Legend and above settings so it only seems fair.

I went in with a fireteam on the 1000 LL level and it was horrible. 

Be content to farm the 970 LL and just convert your prisms to shards at Banshee.  If you're not on a team with idiots, you can hit 100K on 970 with the x1.2 modifier but there are plenty of assholes out there that just want the boss melt so that they can collect their rewards.

I've gotten two Warden's Laws to drop for me since Friday, but neither were better than the Feeding Frenzy / Kill Clip roll I got earlier last week. 

I managed to masterwork my entire set of Seraph armor with the materials I farmed from Warden last night, but I'm upset that my math was off and my Mobility is only 98.  It'll probably have to stay that way since my Resilience and Recovery are both above 50, so I've min / maxed about as much as I can without giving up too much on other stats and functional mods for the sake of two more Mobility points.

I'll be on the lookout for chest or leg armor that may get the job done, but I'm not holding my breath.

I also bought the Seraph hand cannon from Rasputin on Sunday.  The range is shit for a Precision Frame so Threat Detector might actually be a desirable perk for the weapon if it comes with something like Vorpal Weapon.  Naturally my roll had Pulse Monitor so I chucked it.  I'll quest for another one when I am able to buy the bounties after I max out the Io bunker.  That shouldn't take too long now that I am sitting on close to 4K Warmind Bits.

Went 2-1 in Survival over the weekend.  Lost the first match because one dipshit on my team apparently forgot to use his super, but I scrounged 4 hand cannon kills out of it and finished above 2.5.  Did well in the first win but it was on Altar of Flame, so I mostly used my Vouchsafe and a lot of Tripmine Grenades. 

Got carried to the second win in the match on the Burnout.  Barely finished above 1.5 thanks to the Jotunn spammer Warlock on the other team who had Enhanced Light Reactor on his class item.  Little did he realize that I was running double Dynamo mods, so I managed to BB him out of his Nova Warp twice before he killed anyone on my team.

After I finish teleworking, I'll probably farm Warden again after doing my usual Banshee and Rasputin bounty runs.  Normally I'd hit Pit of Heresy or something, but I want to have my Io bunker as closed to Rank 8 as I can get it.  Also, tomorrow is the day to get the Triumph for clearing all three bunkers in one day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Cosmo did hint that they are now looking at the rewards for the Nightfalls too (along with Trials) since the feedback has been so positive on the double Nightfall payout.

In fact I think the phrase he used was "I am excited when a bug becomes a feature"

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cosmo did hint that they are now looking at the rewards for the Nightfalls too (along with Trials) since the feedback has been so positive on the double Nightfall payout.

In fact I think the phrase he used was "I am excited when a bug becomes a feature"

They need to tweak the bug a bit, though.  I think that double materials is perfectly fine and it makes Nightfalls worth the grind, but I was also getting double Exotic items also dropping at 1003. 

That's a bit broken.  My Gambit Prime armor is in a little better shape thanks to the free infusion fodder, though.

If I can find leg or chest armor that bumps up my Mobility two more points without sacrificing too much on other scores, it's nice to know that I can grind Ordeals at 970 and eventually come up with enough materials to masterwork it without going completely insane.

Edited by J.T.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It really is fucking annoying that the Heavy Frame and Javelin de-spawn after killing the boss.

Especially when there are still two Champions to deal with.

This is how much I hate doing shit on Mars.

It has taken me this long to discover that a Warmind Cell kill = a Valkryie kill to the game so now you can do Ana Bray's super annoying Kill 20 Enemies With A The Javelin bounty simply by starting an EP, shooting something until a Warmind Cell spawns, and then blowing the Cell up when there's plenty of enemies around.

You don't have to wait for a Warsat PE on Mars or waste one of your Rasputin Armory Keys.

It took like two cells to get 20 kills.  Having Global Reach and a good explodey Seasonal mod helps you get more kills per cell.

Edited by J.T.

Io bunker should be accessible after reset today.  Here's the time to unlock that triumph for clearing all three bunkers in one day.  By Wednesday, I should also unlock the triumph for completing all of the Io LLS's.

I have over 4K Warmind Bits so I should be able to get my bunker up to at least Rank 6 and possibly Rank 7.

Did get a few more survival matches and finished off the Gambit Prime weekly.

Didn't play as much as I thought because my son and I ended up watching Into the Spider-verse last night

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Didn't play as much as I thought because my son and I ended up watching Into the Spider-verse last night

This was the better use of your time.  ?

Hopefully double rewards for the Ordeal Nightfall bug will still be active after reset.

Going to start grinding Forges for a bit to see if I can get a good Galliard auto-rifle roll.  I'm using SUROS Regime as my non-Survival PvP Primary, but I need to free up the Colony so that I can start using it to farm grenade launcher kills in the next IB.

I am steadily closing in on that dumb Mountaintop triumph.  The Calculated Trajectory medals are not falling, but the kills are slowly adding up.  My progress with Luna's Howl may stall, but I can possibly secure a Mountaintop by mid-season.

Edited by J.T.

I have web meetings at 2 and 3 so I figured I would quickly hop on and unlock the Io bunker and then come back

Little did I know the game was going to play the entire opening cinematic of the season over again.

Also annoying because my bonus Glory got me a new level so I had all these pop ups playing over the cinematic

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Going to start grinding Forges for a bit to see if I can get a good Galliard auto-rifle roll. 

Didn't Aztec say its probably a little late to start farming? 

Edited by Eivion

I see the bunker is not a real mission this time around and just a cut scene so yay I guess. @J.T. will be happy to know that I was able to fully rank up my bunker with 3500+ warmind bits so he should be able to do the same having even more than me.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think Rasputin and Zavala are gonna fuck

With the spoilers that are out there for what is likely post-Almighty destruction that seems unlikely.

• Like 1

Well that was easy. One quick Do It For The Gipper speech and Io bunker Is clear.  Easy, anti-climactic triumph.

Upgraded Io bunker to max an activated PDS so I'll have to see what is haunting the bunker next week.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Didn't Aztec say its probably a little late to start farming? 

I suppose, but I'd rather use Revoker than Beloved as a PvP sniper which means my auto will have to be a Legendary Energy Weapon if I am going to have The Colony in my Power Slot, so that means I'll have to get lucky in the Forges or with Banshee and neither is a terribly encouraging prospect.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I cleared all three bunkers to get the Triumph. I thought I would have to wait till tomorrow but that cut scene counted as clearing Io

I am kinda shocked that I haven't been able to find anyone and any of the three planets doing Tower clears.

Oh well