DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Io Bunker doesn't release until April 7

I know. That's why we're talking about Warmind Bit hoarding all this week so that we can upgrade our Io bunkers up to a ridiculous level on launch.  I plan on having access to Elite Heavy Frames for the Towers and LLS's on Io from the get go.

Edited by J.T.

Eh - much like the Obelisks - I dont have a real desire to dump things into max out things since I don't really like any of the stuff I am getting.

This week's Ordeal Nightfall can also fuck right off.  It's Warden of Nothing and all Champions are enabled.  

My first fireteam broke 100K on the x1.2 modifier (970 LL), but we were all smart and farmed adds until the very last minute.  Everyone on the fireteam could also chain stun every Champion type.  It's good to work with professionals.

The idiots on my second fireteam that only brought AB mods to the dance needed to be pelted with lumps of gorilla shit.  The only good thing about that run was my Warden's Law roll with Feeding Frenzy /Kill Clip.  It has a Reload Speed Masterwork instead of Range, though.  It's a good PvE roll and I'll make a few more runs to see if I can get a roll that's good for PvE and PvP.

My Season Pass is up to Rank 92, so I can start buying Seraph weapons directly from Rasputin.  The machine gun roll I got last night blew goats.  Fucking Pulse Monitor, I swear.

I like the rolls on my carbine and SMG, so I'll only buy from Rasputin if he has a Hand Cannon or the LMG for sale.  No need to sweat over the sidearm or the shotty since those are the guns I get all of the time from Towers reward caches.  I'd like to get at least one re-roll of the carbine even though I probably won't like it more than my Fourth Times The Charm / Rangefinder roll, unless it comes with those perks in addition to Accurized Rounds and a better distance barrel. 

My current carbine has Ricochet Rounds and Extended Barrel.  Not bad, but not optimal for a Precision Frame auto rifle.

I've enabled PDS for the entire week for the EDZ and Moon bunkers and my Seraph Weekly Bounties are all done.  Fuck suffering over that noise all week.  I'm closing in on 3K Warmind Bits so I am happy about the prospect of my Io bunker being at least Rank 6 when it opens next Tuesday.

Edited by J.T.

So, yeah.  It just occurred to me that I may consider re-introducing the Young Ahamkara's Spine exotic into my arsenal and start getting good with Tripmine Grenades again.

Not only does it look spectacular with the Luxe hunter armor ornaments, there are a couple of reasons why it's better than it's ever been in D2:

1. It's unaffected by the base damage nerf to Tripmines. (140 vs 160)
  2. YAS increases the blast radius of TGs by 14%.
  3. Tripmines stick to everything again!
  4. Synergizes well with Bomber and Ashes to Assets armor mods and weapons with the Demolitionist perk, as does exotics from other classes like The Armamentarium (Titans) or abilities like the Warlock's Handheld Supernova.

YAS used to be my go-to exotic in D1.  I'll still have to check the base stats for the YAS though, since my arm armor has a Powerful Friends mod and I am not sure if I want to drop 20 mobility points minimum just for value added to TGs.

Edited by J.T.

I am definitely giving myself a light week since they isn't thing really going on.

I did knock a few more things off my list last night so I might swap to something else and then do some Crucible on like Sunday

Days have no meaning anymore

The two big things I need to do this week are to knock out the Gambit Prime cosmetic quest to unlock the emblem and get in at least three Survival matches.  Everything else will be gravy. 

If Bird is terribly annoying on Sunday, I may cave and try to run Garden of Salvation with his crew, or I may trick him into being my back-up and finally get Eggs & Bones from Throne off of my list.

If you and Bird are doing anything while I am on - do shoot me an invitation for that. Of course try not to be like LET'S RAID! right during dinner time

I did forget that its Double Infamy this week so it is probably a good week to work on the Gambit bounty

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you and Bird are doing anything while I am on - do shoot me an invitation for that. Of course try not to be like LET'S RAID! right during dinner time.

He's in Scotland so he's usually raiding around noon-ish our time.  Our dinner time is usually when he's getting ready to pass out for the day.

If we do Throne, it will probably when I get on in the morning since that is around his mid-day.

And I totally forgot about Double Infamy week, so I may play some GP after I finish hustling Warmind Bits.

Edited by J.T.

It's funny - I don't get to play nearly as much in the morning as I thought I was going to do now.

My wife's morning are basically stacked with web meetings so I tend to keep the TV off during that time to minimize the noise.

I am starting to think I might need to at least move the PS4 into the bed room. What's one more Ethernet cable run halfway across the apartment.

I can't play that much in the morning because there are a certain number of hours that I have to log into Skillport every day so that my boss knows that I am proceeding with my coursework and am not goofing off.

I'm also spending most of the lockdown at my 'rents instead of the shared bachelor's crib since Don is locked down at his folks house keeping an eye on them and I am here with my mom making sure her yard doesn't turn into a fucking rain forest.

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

This week's Ordeal Nightfall can also fuck right off.  It's Warden of Nothing and all Champions are enabled.  

My first fireteam broke 100K on the x1.2 modifier (970 LL), but we were all smart and farmed adds until the very last minute.  Everyone on the fireteam could also chain stun every Champion type.  It's good to work with professionals.

The idiots on my second fireteam that only brought AB mods to the dance needed to be pelted with lumps of gorilla shit.  The only good thing about that run was my Warden's Law roll with Feeding Frenzy /Kill Clip.  It has a Reload Speed Masterwork instead of Range, though.  It's a good PvE roll and I'll make a few more runs to see if I can get a roll that's good for PvE and PvP.

I had a bad feeling this would happen when I saw that Warden of Nothing was going to be a Nighfall Ordeal this season. It might be the only one where it makes sense since you fight all of the current Champion enabled enemy races.

Shockingly it didn't suck nearly as much for me as I thought it would though I sort of hate my teammates since I think those bastards didn't bring any anti-barrier mods. I used HCs with OL/US mods, a sidearm with anti-barrier, and Leviathan's Breath. That seemed to work out generally well.

One thing I like about these Nightfall Ordeals is that they make it a lot easier to get the unique Nightfall rewards. You don't even have to break 100K for them. I finally have a Warden's Law though I have no idea if what I have is a decent roll or not.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

So, yeah.  It just occurred to me that I may consider re-introducing the Young Ahamkara's Spine exotic into my arsenal and start getting good with Tripmine Grenades again.

Not only does it look spectacular with the Luxe hunter armor ornaments, there are a couple of reasons why it's better than it's ever been in D2:

1. It's unaffected by the base damage nerf to Tripmines. (140 vs 160)
  2. YAS increases the blast radius of TGs by 14%.
  3. Tripmines stick to everything again!
  4. Synergizes well with Bomber and Ashes to Assets armor mods and weapons with the Demolitionist perk, as does exotics from other classes like The Armamentarium (Titans) or abilities like the Warlock's Handheld Supernova.

YAS used to be my go-to exotic in D1.  I'll still have to check the base stats for the YAS though, since my arm armor has a Powerful Friends mod and I am not sure if I want to drop 20 mobility points minimum just for value added to TGs.

I take it you saw Aztecross's video from yesterday? He mentioned how good both YAS and Khepri's Sting are now with their buffs.

• Like 1

I don't know if it is still happening or not but Fallout Plays posting a video that for whatever reason the Ordeal is paying out double rewards

At least on Legend difficulty (and most likely you have to get Platinum rewards for it to happen)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

One thing I like about these Nightfall Ordeals is that they make it a lot easier to get the unique Nightfall rewards. You don't even have to break 100K for them. I finally have a Warden's Law though I have no idea if what I have is a decent roll or not.

You can go to the Shard It Or Keep It? Destiny reddit to rate your roll  Bear in mind that Warden's Law had the crap nerfed out of it so that IIRC the curated roll no longer comes with Fourth Time's The Charm, since that perk procced with only two precision shots since it was a double-fire hand cannon.  TBH I am not even sure if 4TTC is still available with Warden's Law.  I'll have to check the item database at light.gg.

I think that as long you have perks that synergize, you should be GTG and IMO any Hand Cannon with Accurized Rounds and Rangefinder is good as long as you don't have a garbage primary perk.

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I take it you saw Aztecross's video from yesterday? He mentioned how good both YAS and Khepri's Sting are now with their buffs.

Like the second I started analyzing YAS, Cross posted his video.  No new ideas under the sun, right?

I know it got a buff along with Khepri's Sting but like I said before, I am not sure if the value added is worth me dropping over 20 mobility points.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Just discovered that all the Faction stuff isn't in the Collection.

Learned this because I just got the New Monarchy Titan Mark that is fucking gorgeous but now I can't shred it because I can't reacquire it

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just discovered that all the Faction stuff isn't in the Collection.

Learned this because I just got the New Monarchy Titan Mark that is fucking gorgeous but now I can't shred it because I can't reacquire it

To be fair you wouldn't be able to reacquire the 2.0 version anyways as its randomized gear.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

To be fair you wouldn't be able to reacquire the 2.0 version anyways as its randomized gear.

It is more - it doesn't appear in Collections at all (none of the Faction stuff does - which is weird)

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is more - it doesn't appear in Collections at all (none of the Faction stuff does - which is weird)

That may just be a bug. I know I was able to see the previous faction gear I had acquired last time I checked.

My Season Pass is 100 and I have over 3K Warmind Bits.  Bring on the Io bunker already.

Also finished the Tommy's Matchbook catalyst.  I like the healing buff you get that balances out the damage you take as the weapon spins up, but a weapon that damages you as it fires is still not very good for squishy Hunters.  I'll probably break out the Matchbook if I need to generate a lot of Solar kills, but it's going to stay in the Vault for now.

Getting the Season Pass unlocked the ornament for the Matchbook.  The black steel Tommy Gun with exhaust vents looks much better than the Tommy Gun made of bone and chewing gum.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I would actually have things to work on if the fucking 4th Horseman catalyst dropped for me.

Or if I focused my energy enough to get the Tommy's Matchbook one