DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Aphix Conduit LLS can eat all of the goat dicks.  Extra Shields / Match Game modifiers for the Minos and Harpies was total bullshit.

Managed to solo it somehow and get the Triumph, but only murdered one Champion on my second run for the bounty.  Did not go for the extra clear.

One more Triumph to go for the Almighty seal.  I assume it will be for completing the weapon quest for the Exotic LMG later on this season.

Those bastards had extra shields? No one wonder those minotaurs were so damn annoying to kill. I found the boss fight at the end annoying. The hydra kept hiding from my heavy frame. Took forever for him to teleport and take his ass whopping like a man.

IB is back next week

Grandmaster Nightfalls - when they show up - will be 1050. You need to be at least 1025 to be in it. They will also be using a contest modifier - so no matter how high your level is, it will be at 1025 when you do a Grandmaster Nightfall (so you will also be at a 25 disadvantage).

Of course they did themselves no favors with the BUNGIE ONLY CATERS TO THE STREAMERS!!! crowd by saying one of their goals with Grandmaster was for it to be "watchable"

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Grandmaster Nightfalls - when they show up - will be 1050. You need to be at least 1025 to be in it. They will also be using a contest modifier - so no matter how high your level is, it will be at 1025 when you do a Grandmaster Nightfall (so you will also be at a 25 disadvantage).

Of course they did themselves no favors with the BUNGIE ONLY CATERS TO THE STREAMERS!!! crowd by saying one of their goals with Grandmaster was for it to be "watchable"

Is it September yet?  Can I go pick up my copy of Cyberpunk 2077 and not touch this game again for another three months?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well my newt errors returned last night and this morning so I might be already there

I've gotten a few beet and guitar errors as more people have been looking for Trials teams.  I'm going to watch the Lone Wolf & Cub stuff I DVRed and jump back on after reset to pick up more Core & Bits bounties.  I've won one Survival match so far and I'll probably get in two more later on today.  Definitely not playing around peak time when there are sure to be more drops.

Did 3 matches of Survival last night. Meant to only do 1 more for the 3 match weekly deal, but ended up doing more because the first one sucked so bad. It was 1-4 loss with a bunch of Hard Light douches. Second game was another loss against a solidly coordinated team, but much better as we lost 3 rounds straight only to comeback with 3 wins by the end to make that final round even. I did pretty well with the best E/R & second highest kills between both teams. I even managed a 10 kill streak which I don't recall pulling before in Survival. The guy right under me on my team even gave my a gg message which was a first. Last game was just a solid straight up victory with a 4-1 win. At least I think we lost a round. If not then I kind of have to feel sorry for the team that faced us.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:19 PM, Eivion said:

Did 3 matches of Survival last night. Meant to only do 1 more for the 3 match weekly deal, but ended up doing more because the first one sucked so bad. It was 1-4 loss with a bunch of Hard Light douches. Second game was another loss against a solidly coordinated team, but much better as we lost 3 rounds straight only to comeback with 3 wins by the end to make that final round even. I did pretty well with the best E/R & second highest kills between both teams. I even managed a 10 kill streak which I don't recall pulling before in Survival. The guy right under me on my team even gave my a gg message which was a first. Last game was just a solid straight up victory with a 4-1 win. At least I think we lost a round. If not then I kind of have to feel sorry for the team that faced us.

I played 4 Survival matches this weekend.  I normally play 3 games per weekend to keep the Glory bump going, but I had to step it up a bit this time around.

I did pretty well in the first match I played, but I was total monkey ass in one of the wins and in a horrible loss.

I had to play a fourth game to prove to myself that I don't suck and finished with a win, 16 kills, and a 5.6 ER.    It was a 4-2 route and I also felt kinda bad for the enemy team.  I don't think they had much experience with 3v3.  They didn't do the things you expect to see from guys who've played a lot of Survival like using grenades defensively to cover escape routes or block the Heavy Ammo spawn and I played really sweaty..

I am continuing to chip away at Luna's Howl and Mountaintop.   Mountaintop is becoming a pain in the ass.  It's almost impossible to get Calculated Trajectory medals thanks to the new Heavy Ammo bullshit that limits how many rounds you get.  If you are using a GL in Survival, you literally have to avoid dying so that you can get Heavy whenever it spawns and try to get as many kills as you can.  The Colony's auto tracking helps a great deal, but it is a fairly douchey way to play.  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I tried to get a Galliard roll from the Izanami Forge this morning but ran into a lot of idiots that don't know the strat for the forge.

Also ran into a lot of dumbasses while in the Reckoning praying for a Gnawing Hunger roll.

I may try to grind those events later tonight after I get my kid back to her mom's.

Edited by J.T.

So much for grinding the Reckoning or even playing any Destiny 2 at all tonight.  I'm done until tomorrow.. 

What is it about Singes that escapes players?  Why are Titan players especially prone to crayon eating when it comes to the Reckoning? 

If there is no Wellock in the lobby and you're playing a Titan and it's Void Singe, why are you not switching to Bubble to give the fireteam some cover support during the Bridge of Folly run and why in the fuck do you have no Void weapons in your load-out?

Edited by J.T.

That reminds me that I need to do Reckoning again at some point. I want to try and get a 2.0 roll of the Reaper armor. Tried a week ago, but nobody was there. Is it easy to find people on the X-box?

Edited by Eivion

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That reminds me that I need to do Reckoning again at some point. I want to try and get a 2.0 roll of the Reaper armor. Tried a week ago, but nobody was there. Is it easy to find people on the X-box?

You can usually find fairly competent people during the week via Matchmaking, but I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer people online that know the old strats.  Lots of idiots not exploiting singes or just plain old fucking up.  Same as my Izanami Forge run this morning.  Too many idiots that are either stupid, toxic, or both.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

You can usually find fairly competent people during the week via Matchmaking, but I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer people online that know the old strats.  Lots of idiots not exploiting singes or just plain old fucking up.  Same as my Izanami Forge run this morning.  Too many idiots that are either stupid, toxic, or both.

Just as you posted this I managed to find a full team game for at least two rounds so you are not wrong. I must have just had bad luck last time.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just as you posted this I managed to find a full team game for at least two rounds so you are not wrong. I must have just had bad luck last time.

I'm glad someone made some progress last night. 

I will probably try to hop on after I finish my distance learning Linux class today and either hit the forges or try my hand at The Reckoning again.  If I encounter the same as Sunday, I'll hang it up and either play something else or hit up Netflix until after tomorrow's reset when the IB starts up again.

Edited by J.T.

You have to remember most people aren't farming Reckoning for gear anymore (or even Gambit Prime for that matter) since folks dislike it so much.

So you are either gonna to get mostly people who have never done it before.

I mean I have yet to this day done a Tier 3 Reckoning so if/when I did it - my first few passes will be absolute shit.

That being said - I know to fucking run as a Bubble Titan

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You have to remember most people aren't farming Reckoning for gear anymore (or even Gambit Prime for that matter) since folks dislike it so much.

So you are either gonna to get mostly people who have never done it before.

Yeah, I don't even play normal Gambit anymore.  I stick to Gambit Prime just to clear the weekly bounties and I do enough of Drifter's public service bounties that I don't really have to play Gambit matches to clear his weekly challenge. 

I am also under the delusion that I have a shot at the Reckoner triumph seal.  It will go away in due time.

Gambit Prime may be unpopular, but the players that do participate are pretty serious.  It's getting harder and harder to be an invader now that I am coming up against three and four stacks all armed with Truth rocket launchers.

I mean I have yet to this day done a Tier 3 Reckoning so if/when I did it - my first few passes will be absolute shit.

You've never owned a full set of Notorious armor of any kind?  Seriously?

That being said - I know to fucking run as a Bubble Titan

I've only run with one guy who knew how to run Bubble in Tier 3 Reckoning and we got 5 clears with him running cover.  Enough for the entire crew to leave with a set of Notorious armor and one or two weapons.

Everyone else seems to throw up their hands and depart if there is no Wellock around.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You've never owned a full set of Notorious armor of any kind?  Seriously?

Nope

Remember I started late - I missed the entire first season with Black Armory and picked up again when Season of the Drifter started. So I spent a lot of time working on Black Armory instead of Drifter.

And then right when I finished getting the sets I wanted of Tier 2 - they dropped Armor 2.0 and everything was worthless and I said fuck it. And never bothered.

I legit started doing Reckoning runs again right at the end of the last season because I had nothing else to do. And then they changed everything again.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nope

Remember I started late - I missed the entire first season with Black Armory and picked up again when Season of the Drifter started. So I spent a lot of time working on Black Armory instead of Drifter.

I am surprised I didn't quit during Season of the Drifter.  Sooooo much bullshit...

I have a feeling that if Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 come out around the same time, my D2 swan song might not be far behind.  If CDPR pumps out as much DLC for 2077 as they did for Witcher 3, that game will keep me busy for a long time and fuck D2 if I have Bloodlines 2 to fall back on until the next 2077 DLC comes out and visa versa.

Edited by J.T.

Oh I am all back in on Borderlands 3 until I finish it now

I played two Survival matches just now to make sure I got my weekly and visited Xur

So fucking annoying that I have to fucking wait for him to sell Sealed Ahamkara Grasps so I can get the Wayfarer Title

So fucking annoying that I have to fucking wait for him to sell Sealed Ahamkara Grasps so I can get the Wayfarer Title

Why do you need those for your Wayfarer seal if you main a Titan? 

I don't have all of the Warlock or Titan exotics and I have my Wayfarer seal.

There must be something else that you're missing like the Braytech Osprey or the Horror's Least or something.

Check your Red War and Warmind /Osiris collections to make sure you have everything.  It may be something as simple as vendor armor.  I had to go back and buy all of Failsafe and Sloane's vendor armor.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why do you need those for your Wayfarer seal if you main a Titan? 

I don't have all of the Warlock or Titan exotics and I have my Wayfarer seal.

There must be something else that you're missing like the Braytech Osprey or the Horror's Least or something.

Check your Red War and Warmind /Osiris collections to make sure you have everything.  It may be something as simple as vendor armor.  I had to go back and buy all of Failsafe and Sloane's vendor armor.

You need to have all the Exotics in the Warmind/Osiris tab and the only one I am missing is the Grasps

So yes - it is infuriating that you need to have exotic armor from all three classes if you only play two (well really one at this point)

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You need to have all the Exotics in the Warmind/Osiris tab and the only one I am missing is the Grasps

That can't be right because I am missing a shit ton of Warmind / Osiris Titan and Warlock exotics and I got my Wayfarer title.  It has to be something else.  I just checked my stuff on the D2 app.

I have never gotten an Armamentarium or an Apotheosis Veil ever.

If you have all of the Titan exotics, you're probably missing an item from Destinations:  Red War, Destinations: Osiris / Warmind, or Destinations: Forsaken.  

The usual culprits are the Braytech Osprey (reward from Strange Terrain NF), the Horror's Least (reward from The Corrupted NF), one of the IKELOS weapons from EP, or one of Ava's reward weapons like Frigid Jackal that you get from Braytech schematics that sometimes drop when you loot one of those dumb Siva nodes.

If you're missing the Osprey, you have until reset tomorrow to get it because Strange Terrain is currently up in the normal Nightfall queue.

The Corrupted was up last week, but I am not sure if It repeated this week.  I helped Bird get his Horror's Least weekend before last to knock one more item off of his Wayfarer title.  I think he got the Osprey this week and just needs to get one or two more Red War exotics to complete the set, so he'll be visiting Xur a few times in the immediate future.

Edited by J.T.

I figured out what it was

I was looking at the wrong Badge

The title needs the Destination Badge. I was looking at the Exotic one

Yeah I am never getting this one since you need all the IKELOS weapons and those fuckers refuse to drop for me

EDIT: Not to mention missing the Osprey

Okay - so I lied

I ended up staying on and playing more since I still haven't gotten my work assignment for the day and my connection was the best I have had in like 2 weeks.

Did a full escalation protocol run and then did one pass of the Ordeal since I wanted to get credit for running Broodhold once