DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

If you want to get the blinding white emblem for completing all of the GG triumphs, you're going to have to play some Rumble and kill 25 dudes with your super to unlock the Embrace The Light triumph.  PvE people are going to hate that shit.

I may decide to take the hit on my Win / Loss and KDA and take a shot at that triumph depending if I mange to hit Fabled Glory this weekend.

Then I can go into Rumble with the super douchebag load out of Mountaintop / Hard Light / Hammerhead.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you want to get the blinding white emblem for completing all of the GG triumphs, you're going to have to play some Rumble and kill 25 dudes with your super to unlock the Embrace The Light triumph.  PvE people are going to hate that shit.

Ooof - guess I am gonna have to switch to a roaming super.

And even still, you are only really gonna get what??? 3 kills a match?

That is a tedious fucking grind

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof - guess I am gonna have to switch to a roaming super.

And even still, you are only really gonna get what??? 3 kills a match?

That is a tedious fucking grind

Yeah, I tend to use Spectral Blades on the blue moon occasions I play Rumble and I average between 2-3 kills per match with it.  Roaming supers are usually the norm, but you'll sometimes see Warlocks running Nova Bomb or Hunters running BB and they use their supers defensively to counter roaming supers. 

I'll probably run double Dynamo mods or Dynamo / Perpetuation mods on my class item to beef up my timer a bit, but I expect some assholes to give up Mobility or Recovery and go in with 100 intellect and one of the super buffing Exotic items to squeeze in as many supers as they can in one match.

I was up against this one Dawnblade asshole once in a Rumble match that seemed to get his super every five minute or so.

Since I am squishy, I may just continue using SUROS as my primary in Rumble.  When the healing procs, it helps me win the gunfights I'd normally lose.  Or I'll go 100% douchebag and get my Dust Rock Blues with Full Auto / Moving Target out of the Vault and use it with Hard Light.  

I'd break out my Revoker, but I am a horrible shot with that particular sniper rifle.

Edited by J.T.

Okay so this is weird.  The wording for the Star Athlete triumphs says you have to complete all of the GG triumphs, but it only has a count up to 11 and technically there are twelve triumphs if you include the one for Super kills in Rumble.

Escape valve for PvP haters or yet another bug on the pile for the buggiest event ever?

Oh and El Gato's spot didn't work for me when I tried to do the Shadowshot thing today.  Bungie must've been angry and stealth broke the bounty again because that wasn't the way they originally intended the bounty to be completed. 

I am not doing any more fucking Nightstalker daily bounties.  I am just going to buy Arc and Solar Additional Bounties from Eva to meet my Gold medal quota.

Eva keeps saying not to worry too much about who wins and the she keeps hyping how awesome the trophy is.  I am quite salty about Hunters taking Bronze yesterday.  I call shenanigans.

Props to Titans for taking Day Two, though.  I saw a lot of them plunking down medals yesterday by the dozens and was like, "Oh, shit.  This thing has gotten serious."

Edited by J.T.

I got back to back watercress trying to log in this afternoon - so I went to Borderlands to deal with that bullshit

Not a good sign when Bungie Help admitted on the forums today that they don't know how to fix the problem

Tried to burn some bounties out of the way via Seraph Towers to medium success I suppose. The non-grenade/super bounties for Void Hunters are kind of bs. Void melee for Hunters is generally such garbage. Honestly, I just dislike having to switch around my subclass so much for specific bounties. Its tedious and annoying.

The Seraph Towers on all the planets were ghost towns. The new setup seems to have turned people off more than ever.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Seraph Towers on all the planets were ghost towns. The new setup seems to have turned people off more than ever.

Okay - I thought it was just me having bad luck

What Eivion said.  If you don't take over a zone old school like we used to do with EPs, Seraph Towers won't happen.  I am convinced that the average Destiny player is either an idiot, an uncooperative asshole, or probably a bit of both.

52 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Things will pick up again.  I am sure Bungie will either bribe us with loot or maybe even threaten us by allowing debris from the Almighty destroy part of the City if we don't "act" aka play more Seraph Towers.

HEY, GUYS~!  ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE CHALLENGING THE COMMUNITY~!!

They have this shit whiteboarded at corporate headquarters.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Things will pick up again.  I am sure Bungie will either bribe us with loot or maybe even threaten us by allowing debris from the Almighty destroy part of the City if we don't "act" aka play more Seraph Towers.

HEY, GUYS~!  ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE CHALLENGING THE COMMUNITY~!!

They have this shit whiteboarded at corporate headquarters.

Yeah I think to even get the Felwinter's Lie quest coming up we have to complete a community challenge based around those Towers so this may not be inaccurate. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48973

Basically they are aware of issues players are currently having with the game and want to talk about discussing what changes they are making or thinking of making on TWAB over the next few weeks/months. They focused on Trials, Crucible, & cheating this week.

Also looks like due to inaccurate advertising on the season pass for one item, Season of Worthy owners are getting a free new Ghost shell next season.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Titans are running away with the medal count tonight.  I think everyone is playing a Titan now for the points bump.

It's a bad night to play Control.  Lots of stacked single class six packs fighting like proper teams and lots of solo idiots who are obviously in it for the medals and kills. 

If you are rolling solo and need laurels or kills for your Crucible medals tonight, you may want to play Classic Mix.  

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48973

Basically they are aware of issues players are currently having with the game and want to talk about discussing what changes they are making or thinking of making on TWAB over the next few weeks/months. They focused on Trials, Crucible, & cheating this week.

Also looks like due to inaccurate advertising on the season pass for one item, Season of Worthy owners are getting a free new Ghost shell next season.

I'm good for the Summer season but come September, I won't even bother buying a Seasons Pass.  I should have Cyberpunk 2077 and maybe even Bloodlines 2 to tide me over for at least a couple of months.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm good for the Summer season but come September, I won't even bother buying a Seasons Pass.  I should have Cyberpunk 2077 and maybe even Bloodlines 2 to tide me over for at least a couple of months.

I can understand that. Like I said before right now I'm playing basically 3 games and D2 is seeing the least play time out of those. I'm not not even super down on it. Fallout 76 and FF7R I'm just into a decent bit more right now. Not sure how things will go come September. I'm interested in Cyberpunk 2077, but not to the degree others are.

Edited by Eivion

It has been a long time since I have been all "Bungie - Fix Your Shit" and it took far longer on D2 and D1 but we are at that point

It could have been that yesterday was a really long day and not being able to get in at all to play pushed me over the edge.

It is also continues to be really frustrating that not only can't they solve certain problems but there is never any sort of make good after the fact

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It has been a long time since I have been all "Bungie - Fix Your Shit" and it took far longer on D2 and D1 but we are at that point

It could have been that yesterday was a really long day and not being able to get in at all to play pushed me over the edge.

It is also continues to be really frustrating that not only can't they solve certain problems but there is never any sort of make good after the fact

Guardian Games is by far the buggiest thing ever introduced.  I'm only in it for the machine gun.  I'd like to see Hunters get the trophy but Bungie being idiots and weighing the medals have given the other classes the advantage as people are just shifting to Warlocks & Titans now.

I'll probably make my run at Fabled Glory to finish Mountaintop sometime on Saturday or Sunday when the hardcore PvPers are either trying to Flawless on Trials or are getting paid to carry or account recov other people to Flawless.

Edited by J.T.

Well a new (at least for me) broken thing

Since I am only doing the bounties from yesterday now - I went to the Tangled Shore since I have all the "kill things are destinations" bounties so I figured I would work on the Flashpoint too.

PE comes, cryo pod drops and... nothing happens. No enemies ever showed up to defend it. So for 10 minutes I was just killing random enemies while the pod just sat in the middle of the ground

It's been a weird and frustrating weekend for Survival.  Went the usual 2-1.  Had a solid team in my first match and won a shutout. 

Second match was a loss but I still finished with 20 kills and 2.5 KDA.  My teammates were garbage and I had to play conservatively as not to give up too many lives to the enemy team.  I think two rounds ended with my team losing tiebreakers with me as Last Guardian Standing as my team was not bright enough to push and control the Heavy spawn.  The other team would pin me down and force me to take cover while they capped the flag.  It sucked.

Third match was pretty intense.  We were even 2-2 until our shitty third teammate with the minus KDA abandoned us.  My Titan homie and I decided to grit out teeth and keep fighting and somehow we won 4-3.  I think the other team got overconfident and sloppy.  They came in as a bulk unit and never tried to flank us.  Meanwhile the Titan and I would focus fire on a player until we got KOs and then we'd radar bait and flank the remaining enemy players.  A very satisfying victory.

The shitty part is that I experienced two beetle errors while in the Survival lobby, so I ate two Glory penalties and had to sit out a Suspension.  I'm pretty pissed about playing hard only to end up where I started, so I am going to sit out until I get the Glory bump after reset and then try to make a run at Fabled next weekend to get my Mountaintop.

I am happy that I finally got to the Solar kills part of the Luna grind, so I am running Hard Light set on Solar and my Avalanche in addition to Blade Barrage, and I am also running the RTK as my primary so that I can countersnipe.  So far, I am happy with my douchebag load-out, but I am annoyed that I'd probably have my Mountaintop by now if I hadn't eaten two disconnects and a loss.

I think Bungie kinda blew it with the balancing formula and pretty much gave Titans the last four days of Guardian Games.  I don't think they figured that some people would just run all three of their characters to grind medals faster rather than just stick to one main character.  Oh, well.  I personally would be happier if more people showed up in the EDZ to help out with Seraph Towers.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Played a Control match to complete that dumb Kill 3 Warlocks and 3 Titans in the Crucible bounty and there is already at least one Titan running around with the Heir Apparent, which means that there are oodles of tryhards out there that grinded three characters to get enough medals to clear seven triumphs in less than a week.

Would not be surprised if they grinded with three Titan characters, which would explain the medal deficit.  Stick to the class in which you excel, right?

I will play at my own pace and eventually get the machine gun and hopefully the crayon eaters will be on the other teams in Survival this weekend and I can hit Fabled Glory and get my gyrojet launcher.

It figures that Xur would sell the Fighting Lion this weekend now that I no longer need to spam grenade launcher kills.

Edited by J.T.

I didn't play much - in fact yesterday all I did was my 3 Survival Matches.

I didn't even bother to grab any bounties.

I finished Borderlands 3 and already ran the updates on my PS4 and played 5 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn to remember the control scheme

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't play much - in fact yesterday all I did was my 3 Survival Matches.

I didn't even bother to grab any bounties.

I finished Borderlands 3 and already ran the updates on my PS4 and played 5 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn to remember the control scheme

I play just enough to clear medals and clear Banshee / Eva bounties and then I quit out to watch Netflix or Tubi.  I also owe Execproducer a movie review so I'm working on that as well.

I'm trying to convince myself that I need start playing Borderlands 3 again and it's not working.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I play just enough to clear medals and clear Banshee / Eva bounties and then I quit out to watch Netflix or Tubi.  I also owe Execproducer a movie review so I'm working on that as well.

And thank you for reminding me of that....now I just need work to calm down

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And thank you for reminding me of that....now I just need work to calm down

I just sent my pick review to him.  Now to edit the bonus review.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I guess I need to stop avoiding the Forges

Eh, you'll need to keep grinding medals for the Heir Apparent, but it's not like Titans need your help winning Guardian Games. 

Bungie's algorithm weight has practically handed Titans the trophy.