DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Hey,  I just got a Bungie forum ban for using the word douchebag to refer to my own shit tactics while chasing the Mountaintop.  Of all the arbitrary crap...

I will never complain about moderators on DVDVR ever again, although I don't think I ever have.

Yeah, these guys have until September to convince me I should stay on as a customer.  Maybe even less time if I find another time sink to tide me over until Cyberpunk 2077.  I will continue to chase the Luna's Howl until Bungie pisses me off so much that I rage quit earlier than planned.

Edited by J.T.

Something clearly happened in the last 24 hours and it is now watercress all the time.

I don't even get the illusion of possibly getting to play and getting a newt error when trying to play an activity.

I get the black screen every fucking time now after I select my character. I have spent the last two hours trying on and off. I mean its not that hard to hit load and do other work while it takes 5 minutes to load and get the error message.

The frustration that I have expressed here and that some folks express on the Bungie board is that Bungie never really apologies and awards people something.

It is always "Well sorry you couldn't play during this major event. Sucks for you" and then they just move on. I don't think I have ever played another game that didn't give the players some sort of free shit when the dust settled. Clearly they don't want to hand out free Eververse engrams since they need that $$$ but still. And it is really hard to ignore that they almost feel like "Well it was part of the free game so you didn't really spend money on it"

And then when they do fix it there is always that tone of "Thank us for finally fixing it!"

And yes I am purposefully ignoring the part where at first they claimed it wasn't a big problem and that it only "affected a small number of XBOX users"

Given my recent Bungie board ban due to self depreciating comments being flagged as hate speech, I can affirm that Bungie neither reads not comprehends the comments made by the player base.

I will try to make productive comments when they give me my Why Did You Quit? survey in September...  if I last that long.  

I will stay faithful to the Luna's Howl hunt for as long as I can stand.

Edited by J.T.

They are also doing themselves no favors but deciding to the take the code of silence with the issue

The Help Twitter hasn't tweeted since the hotfix last week. They don't respond to the board messages anymore either.

It was basically just the "Yeah - we know there is a probably but can't fix it." in the TWIB

Yeah, it's amazing how two of the gaming companies I admired so much have fallen from grace.  First Bioware and now Bungie. 

I think the only gaming company I even remotely respect is CDPR now.  Sadly I've played the crap out of Witcher III so I can't use it as my time sink.

I mostly blame EA for Bioware's reversal of fortune.

Edited by J.T.

Finishing medals for Forges took forever because it's fucking Gofannon and the smart thing is to save your flash super to help kill the boss and finish the ignition.   Fortunately everyone spammed enough grenades and powered melee to finish up the laurel chase after six or so completions.

Went 3-1 in Gambit Prime and finished medals in those four matches.  Thank God.

Got 19 kills and a 19.0 ER in a Control match that my team lost.  At least it didn't take more than one match to finish the For The Colonel bounty.... I didn't realize how well I'd done until the end of the match, but I was still bummed that we didn't win thanks to dumb teammates who wouldn't push.

Mountaintop / Hard Light / Hammerhead load out is treating me well so far, but we'll see what happens in Survival this weekend as I continue to grind Solar kills.

Edited by J.T.

Yup looks like I’m officially fucked

Based on continued reading around - looks like my account has moved into that group that can never log on as the Destiny servers think I’m already logged in (or something close to that)

So much for the rest of this season. I guess I should be thankful it happened now as opposed to the poor folks who are going on two months not being able to play

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Finishing medals for Forges took forever because it's fucking Gofannon and the smart thing is to save your flash super to help kill the boss and finish the ignition.   Fortunately everyone spammed enough grenades and powered melee to finish up the laurel chase after six or so completions.

I just did around 3 forges, but that was enough to finish up bronze and silver. Solar Hunter with Ophidia Spathe made it pretty easy. I dislike needing to run fores five times for the gold. Its annoying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I just did around 3 forges, but that was enough to finish up bronze and silver. Solar Hunter with Ophidia Spathe made it pretty easy. I dislike needing to run fores five times for the gold. Its annoying.

I like to have the Silver medal for Forges done by the time I get the ignitions done for the Gold, but sometimes I am in a activity with players that are so focused on throwing batteries that they don't spam their abilities as often as they should.  It happens.

I throw on as many ability regenerating armor mods as I can on while I am doing Forge medals and even then it still takes five or six ignitions to finish the Silver medal.  I may start hitting up LFG for two more Hunters to run Forges with me so that we're all getting max points for the laurels we generate.

Edited by J.T.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wow, that is some bs. I don't have anywhere near the issue yo two have, but reading that is definitely making me conflicted about keeping up.

I get the occasional beet error when trying to play Crucible or Gambit, but I am not experiencing anything close to Rippa's level of hell.

My beet errors seem to occur at the worst possible time though.  I've had at least three Glory match suspensions and lost a bunch of Glory points thanks to beet errors that keep me from joining a Survival mach.  If I had been kicked from the match I won over the weekend that got me my Mountantop, I probably would've rage quit for good.

• Sad 1

Well, the final week of the Guardian Games is off to a rocky start.  Lots of idiots and AFK in the Crucible today especially now that Mayhem is up this week and assholes are just playing to farm laurels and then bail from the match.

I've got my 100K Ordeal Nightfall and Master Nightmare Hunt done for the week, so I should be seeing Primes drop at 1010 anytime now.

So Bungie created a dedicated Watercress thread on the forum yesterday

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/255959724?sort=0&page=0

And I am really not sure how they think that is helping considering the tone is very much "WE TOLD YOU THERE WAS A PROBLEM! LEAVE US ALONE!"

It is also not a good look when they think showing a timeline is putting them in a better light

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So Bungie created a dedicated Watercress thread on the forum yesterday

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/255959724?sort=0&page=0

And I am really not sure how they think that is helping considering the tone is very much "WE TOLD YOU THERE WAS A PROBLEM! LEAVE US ALONE!"

It is also not a good look when they think showing a timeline is putting them in a better light

The Bungie forums are just one big everlasting dumpster fire.  The Watercress thread is just a consolidation of the hundreds of Newt / Watercress threads on the board, but you probably deduced that already.

Bungie's forum also has some the worst moderators ever assembled.  Not all of them are horrible since I got an apology and a reversal of my forum ban yesterday.

Edited by J.T.

It really is stupid that there isn't a support submission form and instead its "post on the forum"

I just want a simple form to be like "Hey - its happening to me too and it got worse"

I don't need to create the 482 thread about it

Of course the fact that they are sending people to XBOX support does make me chuckle

It really is stupid that there isn't a support submission form and instead its "post on the forum"

I just want a simple form to be like "Hey - its happening to me too and it got worse"

You're under the impression that these assholes are in a hurry to fix the problem. 

Of course the fact that they are sending people to XBOX support does make me chuckle

No, the best things are their current workarounds which include uninstalling / reinstalling which never works and telling XBOX One customers to enable Cross Save and either play on PC, PS4, or Stadia.

Yeah, let's send XB1 customers over to the competition and make them purchase another copy of our game for a different platform!  BRILLIANT WORKAROUND~!

If I were Microsoft, I'd be livid.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Holy crap. Eivion.  I just peeped your load-out and you have the curated rolls for both Spare Rations and Gnawing Hunger.  I am totally envious!

If RNG loved me like that, I'd consider not quitting when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't need to create the 482 thread about it

Wow and I thought it was bad with Bethesda. They at least have a support submission form even if the answers they give are less than desirable.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy crap. Eivion.  I just peeped your load-out and you have the curated rolls for both Spare Rations and Gnawing Hunger.  I am totally envious!

If RNG loved me like that, I'd consider not quitting when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

How did you see my load-out?

I told you about Gnawing Hunger before. I love that damn thing and am still surprised i got it as I wasn't even trying for it a month or so ago when it dropped.

Wasn't sure about Spare Rations so that is good know. I actually didn't care the gun much in general at first, but really started to put it to work last season after a decent roll or two before the current one. I do a good amount of Gambit so it drops often for me. Kind of curious if I have gotten any other great rolls for other Gambit/Reckoning weapons but don't actually realize it. It sadly wouldn't shock me.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

How did you see my load-out?

You do not have a private profile so anyone can see your load-out via the D2 companion app or at Bungie.net if they know your gamertag.  I didn't have to look you up since we're in the same clan.

My profile isn't private either, so you can see my weapons as well.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Hey, it's the end of a pretty decent Destiny 2 run today.  Got Strikes medals done and then was pared up with 4 teams of exceptional randos for Gambit Prime.  Got medals done and am riding a 5 match win streak after going 4-0 this afternoon.

Finished up with plenty of time to grab dinner and embark on my usual AEW / NXT channel flipping ritual.

Hey Progress!

I suddenly was able to log in this morning. It is possible that because I moved my cable from my XBOX to PS4 all day that that cleared something (they also could have fixed something too)

So far I was able to get to the Tower and turn in my medals from like 3 days ago. I grabbed all the bounties I could.

Now the question is - will I be able to do anything

Well clearly they fixed... something

I was basically able to play for 90 minutes straight. Didn't get a single newt error either

Now clearly there are weird things going on in the world. Like I tried one Forge run and a dude was AFK the entire time.

Or like I have tried to do this patrol bounty but it hasnt counted any of the ones I have done so far.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now clearly there are weird things going on in the world. Like I tried one Forge run and a dude was AFK the entire time.

That's a regular occurrence.  Lots of botting going on in Forge runs.  The AFK guy will get credit for completion if you succeed in igniting the Forge even if he doesn't kill any enemies or throws any batteries.  That's why Bungie made the call to force players to gather their own laurels during Forge runs.

Oh there was no fucking chance we were clearing that run

Fucking Bergusia

I still need one more Forge clear and about 100 laurels. Decided to wait to reset to try again.

This will be the ultimate test... can I log in a second time