DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Oh, and don't bother trying to get a better roll for the Werewolf.  The dudes at Light.gg did some data mining and the available perks for the Werewolf are not that great.  Zen Moment and Multikill Clip are reserved for the reward roll, so those perks are not available on re-rolls.

The best possible re-roll combo you can get is either Outlaw / HIR's or Outlaw / Kill Clip.  Those are really good PvP rolls, but autos in PvP are still kinda ass right now.  I have been outgunning PvP auto users with the Recluse on the regular.  The only non Exotic auto that occasionally gives me problems is Pluperfect.

Use your Candy and Chocolate Strange Coins to horde upgrade materials by purchasing Epic Grab Bags.

Edited by J.T.

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My body said "You are fucking exhausted" and I passed out before 8 last night.

I was tired, too.

I cashed in extra early last night too since I stayed up to flip between AEW and NXT on Wednesday night.

This is my custody weekend and it's also my birthday weekend, so I am not really sure how much IBing I will be doing between now and Sunday evening when I take my daughter back to my ex's.

I think we're going out to lunch and then going to see Doctor Sleep on Saturday afternoon.

I also start night duty on Monday night / Tuesday Morning and I'll be on shift for over a week.  I'll be good and cranky by Thanksgiving break.

Edited by J.T.

I did my first IB match this week last night. I was thrown into a game and had only two other people on my team until the last minute. That sucked so damn much. I tried to get into another game just to feel a bit better, but it was taking forever for one to start so I said fuck it and left to watch some anime. Hopefully I have better luck today.

• Like 1

The Recluse:   I'm the best trash mob clearer in the game!

Exit Strategy with Threat Detector / Surround and Surround Spec mod:  Hold my beer.

What I thought were garbage stats were not garbage stats.  Exit Strategy is a very situational PvE weapon, but it's really good at what it does.  If you're in an environment like a Lost Sector. EP, or Altar of Sorrow where there are tons of grunts all clumped together, Exit Strat is your go-to gun.  Threat Detector / Surround / Surround Spec config burns through adds..

I'm at 100% Scout Rifle Kills for the RTK.  Time to earn some Glory now that I'm all done with IB bounties.   My last two IB matches were with randos against six stacks and my teams managed to win both times.  Hard fought but very satisfying victories.

And yeah.  Eriana's Vow becomes a whole different weapon once you finish the catalyst.  Fire - Stow for Reload - Fire Again.

Edited by J.T.

50 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Recluse:   I'm the best trash mob clearer in the game!

Exit Strategy with Threat Detector / Surround and Surround Spec mod:  Hold my beer.

What I thought were garbage stats were not garbage stats.  Exit Strategy is a very situational PvE weapon, but it's really good at what it does.  If you're in an environment like a Lost Sector. EP, or Altar of Sorrow where there are tons of grunts all clumped together, Exit Strat is your go-to gun.  Threat Detector / Surround / Surround Spec config burns through adds..

Got Exit Strategy last night. Used it a bit today. I've not even attached a Surrounded mod yet and still found it pretty damn useful. It may not be Recluse, but it isn't super far behind. I think would start having sympathy for enemies if I used them together.

53 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And yeah.  Eriana's Vow becomes a whole different weapon once you finish the catalyst.  Fire - Stow for Reload - Fire Again.

This is good to hear. I guess I will try to up my grind for it this week during Gambit.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Got Exit Strategy last night. Used it a bit today. I've not even attached a Surrounded mod yet and still found it pretty damn useful. It may not be Recluse, but it isn't super far behind. I think would start having sympathy for enemies if I used them together.

I don't particularly care for the perks that only kick in when I'm half dead so I hated Underdog being on the weapon.

It definitely seemed redundant for Underdog to be on the weapon when Threat Detector does the very same thing, only it kicks in when there are enemies around you.

Then I got to thinking.  Threat Detector buffs my reload speed, stability, and handling when enemies are around me and Surrounded buffs damage under similar conditions (ie. when three or more enemies are around you).... and there is a mod available that buffs the damage output that Surrounded provides..

Hmmmm….  Yep, after a bit of testing I found the perk combo to be as nasty as I had envisioned.

It's almost nerf worthy but like I said before, the perk synergy is very situational.   If you're going to couple it with a Surrounded Spec mod, you're not running it with any Champion killer mods like Anti-Barrier rounds so you can't really take Exit Strategy into an Ordeal Nightfall or a Nightmare Hunt unless you're counting on another weapon or an armor mod tp stop Champions.

It's also a Kinetic weapon, so it can't really do anything against the rampant number of enemies with elemental barriers that you will find in the playlists I mentioned.

The perks also kick in during PvP, but do you really want to be in a situation where you have multiple enemy players on you at close range?  Nope, you don't.

Exit Strategy will probably end up being my favored open world exploring weapon and I will depend on my usual playlist specific load-outs for PvP and scored encounters.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I had similar reactions to seeing the initial perks only to see Surrounded and Threat Detector realizing what a monster it could be away from anything involving Champions and PvP. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Was able to finish my last IB bounty last night.

Little irritated that of the 4 pinnacle rewards from IB two were marks. (Of of the like 6 pinnacle rewards I have collected so far - half have been marks)

The destiny servers shit the bed right after I finished as I got two straight bees so I called it a night

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Was able to finish my last IB bounty last night.

Little irritated that of the 4 pinnacle rewards from IB two were marks. (Of of the like 6 pinnacle rewards I have collected so far - half have been marks)

The destiny servers shit the bed right after I finished as I got two straight bees so I called it a night

I got all of my IB bounties done before I crashed for the day.   I was a little annoyed that two of the PRs were Iron Will armor and one was for a Swarm of the Raven, so I couldn't upgrade any of my running around gear.   It was more economical and logical to upgrade IB gear and maintain my Light advantage. I got one 952 IB Kinetic Weapon that I used to upgrade my Broadsword.

I also blundered into a superb team of randos that got me past the 100K Ordeal Nightfall threshold on Hero level.  I used that PR to upgrade the Jade Rabbit.

And I can always count on Shaxx to give me good shit because he's the one that finally gave up a Traction mod after I turned in like ninety PvP tokens.

Hopefully I have enough spunk left to get in at least three Glory matches before noon so that I can cash in on the post reset bump.  If not, no biggie.  I'll just grind Glory for at least three matches after reset and then tap out for the week after my first loss following those three matches. 

If I lose four straight (a possibility), I'll keep playing until I get my first win and then quit..

I won't make the same mistake I did when I worked on the Recluse.  I'll do my best to close that bounty out before the end of the Season.

Edited by J.T.

Only completed 3 of my IB bounties. None of it was good per say and served as infusion fodder for other items I regular use. Was nice that one was the IB boots. Saved me an upgrade module.

Edited by Eivion

I think I bought all of the weekly bounties, did some strikes, and then passed out for the day.  I'll do the Flashpoint tomorrow (later today?) after I get up from my first block of sleep.

It may take a couple of days to motivate myself to head into the Crucible.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got the shitty IB Kinetic weapon (Talons???) as a pinnacle drop and that went right into my Jade Rabbit

Talons and Distant Relation were good all around scouts even when scouts especially sucked in PvP..  

Now, Night Watch and the RTK have reduced them to so much garbage.

Edited by J.T.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Last night was shit so all I did was one complete EP and that was it.

I am working from home today as I wait for my car to be fixed so I will get some stuff done today

I was on for a bit after my first block of sleep.  We finally have one whole clan perk.

Flashpoint and Strikes are done and my artifact power bonus is up to +17 now.. 

Still not quite up to PvP play yet..  Probably because I tend to feel all out out of sorts when I get up around lunchtime and I don't want to play like shit when competing for Glory.

Edited by J.T.

I feel like I have complained about this before but I hate when the Flashpoint is on Mars. Not as much as Mercury but its close

The constant spamming of EPs delays of PEs and there is only so much progress you can get from EPs

I have spent probably 3 hours on that fucking planet and am still stuck at under 50%

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like I have complained about this before but I hate when the Flashpoint is on Mars. Not as much as Mercury but its close

The constant spamming of EPs delays of PEs and there is only so much progress you can get from EPs

I have spent probably 3 hours on that fucking planet and am still stuck at under 50%

Now you know why I hate Mars Flashpoints far more than I hate the ones on Mercury.  I honestly think that players trigger EPs on purpose to delay PEs and piss people off.   That's not even counting the annoying resonance stems that you collect and can't discard until you have enough to craft a resonance frequency.

If you do the Heroic Story Mission for the Flashpoint Planet, I think it is an immediate 40% or so progress.  I always do the HSM first before moving on to PEs.  It used to be that doing Patrols added 2% or so, but it doesn't look like that works anymore.

I think that Lost Sectors completions are supposed to give Flashpoint progress, but don't quote me.

I hate graveyard shift.   I'm pretty sure I probably won't touch anything other than PvE until I am working normal days.  I ran a couple of Ordeal Nightfalls when I got home after work earlier today and immediately tapped out for the day and watched a movie until I passed out on the couch.

I slept for four hours straight.

Edited by J.T.

And the Spider Vision triumph for the Festival of the Lost queue is bugged, but in a good way.

If you've ever looked around the Haunted Forest, you probably noticed a structure off in the distance with what appears to be the head of a monstrous spider carved into it.   Looking at it through a weapon scope did not unlock the triumph because it was time gated.

However, if you purchase one of Eva's Chocolate Coin charms with 100 Candy, activate it while you're in the Haunted Forest, and aim down the gunsights of any weapon while you're shooting things, eventually the triumph will unlock without you having to actually pointing your gun at the mysterious spider island thing floating in the air.

The guys at Light.gg believe that the used toothbrush will come into play after the event is over and there was flavor text from Spider suggesting that it might be a good idea to visit him after the Festival has concluded, so maybe I won't have to keep this item in my inventory forever and ever?

Edited by J.T.

Well, no D2 for me when I get home from work.  I'm totally burned out.  It's oatmeal and bed in that order.   I'm not even sure how much I'll get done when I eventually wake up to eat lunch.  

I'll try to get more PvE stuff dine like Nightmare Hunts, Haunted Forest runs, or Altar of Sorrow waves, but I don't think I'll be in the frame of mind to play anything with a PvP component in it like Gambit or the Crucible.

Edited by J.T.

Getting closer and closer to 9 waves completed

Last night got 7 that should have been 8 but we apparently dropped the boss a second after time expired which was some bullshit

The game gave me a 950 Thunderlord so I didn't have to waste materials upgrading my old ones and that mows fools down in the forest.

With Stadia launching next week and the full version of Destiny 2, expansions and all, being the first title available on their pro plan, it will be the game I'll be playing on Stadia first. I did buy D2 for the PS4, but that was at launch and I only played it for a month.

How hard will it be to jump into Destiny 2 at this point? Every now and then I'll pop in here to see what y'all are talking about and I have no idea what any of you are saying.

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

With Stadia launching next week and the full version of Destiny 2, expansions and all, being the first title available on their pro plan, it will be the game I'll be playing on Stadia first. I did buy D2 for the PS4, but that was at launch and I only played it for a month.

How hard will it be to jump into Destiny 2 at this point? Every now and then I'll pop in here to see what y'all are talking about and I have no idea what any of you are saying.

With the introduction of New Light not very hard.

Basically now "new" players do an intro mission or two and possibly a strike and then they are let loose in the Tower to do what they want.

You can then choose to do whichever of the first three campaigns you want (Red War which was the main campaign and then Curse of Osiris or Warmind which where the first two DLCs). Due to the nature of the story I don't think you can start Forsaken until beating the main campaign.

There are so many ways to get gear now that you can quickly level up. The issue will more be missing some of the more common exotics.

Since you played before - even just for a month - you might have some specials waiting for you at various vendors.

The biggest thing would be just doing daily and weekly bounties as much as you can. 

That's good to know then. I'm also curious how my character will transfer over to the Stadia version. I don't seem to recall registering anything with Activision. Maybe I should just fire it up once on the PS4 to make sure all of my ducks are in a row. That would at least save me from having to replay the first campaign.

What has been happening is that with crossplay - they have been identifying everyone's accounts and going "Which one do you want as your main account?"

So I am assuming that is what is happening with Stadia

Actually from the newest TWIB

Stadia and Cross Save
Also next week, Destiny 2: The Collection goes live with the launch of Stadia.

In the meantime, we recommend that players who wish to bring their existing Destiny 2 characters to the Stadia platform prepare Cross Save now. Once Stadia is live, players will need to link their Stadia account to their Bungie profile, and confirm that they wish for the account to be Cross Saved.

For more information, players should visit our Cross Save page.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

That's the link for the cross save page