DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Recluse is my go-to EW these days and I usually hate using SMGs.  Even with the nerf, it's still an excellent add clearer and it is excellent in the Crucible.   

I've noticed that autos are making a slight comeback in PvP.   Pluperfect has been melting a few people lately and I imagine that some dudes will break out those 950 Werewolves during the IB this week if they have good PvP rolls on them.

Yeah I was just a pinch worried I did all that work for Recluse for nothing, but i have loved using it for PvE.

I had noticed both autos you mentioned leaking into Crucible more. I would take the time to test how well they work there, but that damn RTK is taking forever to finish, especially since i'm still trying to finish up Luna's Howl as well. I only inch forward on those precision kills.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nightmare Hunts and Ordeal Nightfalls don't give you quest progress for the catalyst, but the Vex Offensive does.  

I used the EV on Barrier Champions and Hydra units all the time.

Was wondering about that. Not sure what happened, but Vex Offensive actually disappeared from the text letting me know what counts. It confused the hell out of me since I was pretty sure it was there at one point.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

You are just now getting a Coldheart catalyst?  Man, you ARE behind.

I'm waiting for the devs to remember that the Lens and Coldhard both have catalysts so that they create one of the Wavesplitter.

Like Malfeasance the catalyst exist, but is taking forever for them to officially drop in game for whatever reason. I'm starting to think we won't see them until the next season.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I never horde my tokens.  Whatever I have, I turn in when I am done with the IB for the week.

I usually never horde IB tokens - I just forgot to cash them in last time because they were the ones I got that Monday Night when both you and I rage quit out after shitty matches

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I had noticed both autos you mentioned leaking into Crucible more. I would take the time to test how well they work there, but that damn RTK is taking forever to finish, especially since i'm still trying to finish up Luna's Howl as well. I only inch forward on those precision kills.

I am about 80% done with scout rifle kills for the RTK.  I imagine I'll get that done during this IB and then move onto Glory match play.

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Was wondering about that. Not sure what happened, but Vex Offensive actually disappeared from the text letting me know what counts. It confused the hell out of me since I was pretty sure it was there at one point.

Well, that sucks.  

I checked the Bungie forums and apparently Gambit Prime has been subbed for the Vex Offensive on the Catalyst quest.  Obviously it happened in the last patch, but I didn't see anything in the TWAB about it.

Maybe the Vex Offensive itself is bugged?  That would explain there not being any Rewards this past week for that playlist.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

If I was to guess - it is because Vex Offensive is only available to Season Pass holders, while anyone can get EV (and the subsequent quest)

So Bungie decided that all methods of working on the quest should be available to all players

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am about 80% done with scout rifle kills for the RTK.  I imagine I'll get that done during this IB and then move onto Glory match play.

Well, that sucks.  

I checked the Bungie forums and apparently Gambit Prime has been subbed for the Vex Offensive on the Catalyst quest.  Obviously it happened in the last patch, but I didn't see anything in the TWAB about it.

Maybe the Vex Offensive itself is bugged?  That would explain there not being any Rewards this past week for that playlist.

While its good to know I'm not crazy that kind of does piss me off that they removed it. Vex Offensive was probably where Eriana's Vow was most useful.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

If I was to guess - it is because Vex Offensive is only available to Season Pass holders, while anyone can get EV (and the subsequent quest)

So Bungie decided that all methods of working on the quest should be available to all players

This makes some sense. I still woudl rather they have just added Gambit Prime and not removed Vex Offensive. Actually I wish they added Nightmare Hunts.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That makes sense.  I wasn't aware that the VO was only available for SP folks.  It seemed like New Light people got access to everything, so it's good to know that SP holders have something to ourselves.

Edited by J.T.

First night of the IB was slow for me.   Was on either a horrible team or a team with dudes way better than me.  There was no in between.  I broke even 2-2 and the two wins were by mercy where I finished well above positive but barely got any kills.  As bad as my teams were in the losses, at least we didn't lose by mercy rule.

Lots of players are up to 950+ now, so I don't have nearly the light advantage I did during the first tournament.  I'm up to 81% scout rifle kills for the RTK so it's almost time to start grinding Glory.

I got Eris's Weekly Challenge done.  If you're a week behind and are looking for the Lunar Scavengers, they're in the Gatehouse this week.  Was kinda bummed about the Moonrunner sparrow reward.  It looks pretty cool, but it's not 160 speed.

It doesn't look like anyone has figured out the Secret Triumph (Spider Vision) for the Festival of the Lost queue.  My guess is that it's time gated for this coming weekend.  I don't think it has anything to do with the new dungeon or the Xenophage (even though the weapon lore mentions an insect) because I don't think that Bungie would tie it to content that New Light players can't access.

Edited by J.T.

I basically hoped around doing random shit but not finishing anything.

Like I got to like 60% on the Titan FP

Then did 2 strikes (but specifically not 3)

I did one IB match to do the Festival bounty for doing a Crucible match

I decided to not do the Forest yet specifically because I was like "Watch this is when I clear Branch 9"

I also spent like 30 minutes cleaning up my inventory because I am an idiot.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also spent like 30 minutes cleaning up my inventory because I am an idiot.

My mom is a bit of a hoarder but I give her some slack since she is like eighty and old people do weird shit sometimes.

You, OTOH, need to clear your fucking vault on the regular.  I'll bet your inventory looks like Datto's.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I decided to not do the Forest yet specifically because I was like "Watch this is when I clear Branch 9"

No offense, but you probably won't reach Branch 9 with blueberries unless they are snake eaters.

Randos won't do things like bring their best DPS weapons to the fight or save their Supers for the boss or dump Heavy on adds for quick clearing.

They will most certainly not notice that the timer for the next branch does not start until you activate the Vex plate, so you can actually chill at the steps and wait for your Super to come back up before pressing on.  No one is that patient except maybe for me.

Just now, J.T. said:

They will most certainly not notice that the timer for the next branch does not start until you activate the Vex plate, so you can actually chill at the steps and wait for your Super to come back up before pressing on.  No one is that patient except maybe for me.

Yeah - even in previous forest events - no one was waiting... well except to make sure all three players were active (or like if someone was weapon swapping)

But waiting to start the next wave until your super is back - yeah no one does that except you.

I discovered that you can only hold 25 Upgrade Modules so I had to burn a few just to acquire more

So I upgraded my Hammerhead to 950 (since I hadn't had the time to do that forge quest again)

Probably will do the same to a couple of Menagerie weapons too just so I don't have to waste time on a clearance

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But waiting to start the next wave until your super is back - yeah no one does that except you.

And by doing that, I made it to Branch 10 last year.  Nearly to 11 but my team of magnificent LFG blueberries wiped to the Knight at the worst time.

I don't fault them.  You get an extra bad mod stacked on you every five branches.   Once we hit 11, we had three bad mods to account for and it's hard to push on in a scenario where the game is determined to kill you.

Players that run the Haunted Forest were spoiled by the Verdant Forest.  It was much better lit and you had the ability to earn bonus time.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So I upgraded my Hammerhead to 950 (since I hadn't had the time to do that forge quest again).

Yeah, unless you are constantly getting Pinnacle upgrades, any BA frames you complete when your base light is 950 won't be much higher than 948.. 

You can probably quit running Ada's bounties once your Hammerhead is up to 950 and you can start up again once you start using Pinnacle gear to get your base light above 950.  I've already seen guys in this IB that are pushing 970 and have armor pieces or weapons that is in the low 950's.

Edited by J.T.

So far, the loadout that has worked best for me in the Forest is Izanagi's Burden (MW Kinetic) or Arbalest (Kinetic), Recluse (MW Energy) and Swarm of the Raven (MW Power).

The Burden is good because the weapon perk allows me to kill yellows with sniper fire before entering branch AND it allows me to get early eyes on the fucking Knight.  The only downside to the Burden is that she takes Special Ammo and green bricks don't come easy sometimes in the Forest.

Sometimes I will run Arbalest instead of Burden for the extra barrier breaking ability but again, there's still the issue of what happens when the game decides to be stingy with Special Ammo drops.

Recluse is one of the best close quarters trash mob clearers in the game even with the nerf and Swarm of the Raven (Spike Grenades) is a decent enough DPS boss killer.

Thank God there is no Match Game barrier bullshit going on in the Forest because I tend to run Bottom Tree Nightstalker so that my tethers can buff DPS and that means that I am nearly all Void damage except for my primary.  If the blueberries I am running with are also Void heavy, I'll run Arbalest instead of the Burden.

I miss my HF team from last year.  We had a Titan that ran Tractor Cannon so during Terror fights, he would boop the boss and I would use my Tethers for damage buffing and then the Warlock would toss a Nova Bomb,

EVERYTHING would die in a matter of seconds. The Titan would use any orbs we made to pop his Super and clear branches quickly to conserve our clock.  We had a really good system and ridiculous timing.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I tend to just build mine back up on enemies. Besides that not having a full super means I can heal on orbs.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

So far, the loadout that has worked best for me in the Forest is Izanagi's Burden (MW Kinetic) or Arbalest (Kinetic), Recluse (MW Energy) and Swarm of the Raven (MW Power).

Haven't really tried any specific load outs. Most things have worked generally well for me (Cerberus+1, Wendigo, Izanagi, Recluse, Sunshot, Leviathan's Breath, etc.). So far Leviathan's Breath has been the best for boss murder. 

I am now a proud owner of Luna's Howl. It took forever just inching forward, but it is so darn nice to have finally finished that damn quest. No idea if an when I might try for Not Forgotten. May try to do Mountaintop next. Haven't tried LH for PvP yet, but it is pretty solid in PvE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I tend to just build mine back up on enemies. Besides that not having a full super means I can heal on orbs.

Smart man.  Better Already is one of the best class item perks available.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I am now a proud owner of Luna's Howl. It took forever just inching forward, but it is so darn nice to have finally finished that damn quest. No idea if an when I might try for Not Forgotten. May try to do Mountaintop next. Haven't tried LH for PvP yet, but it is pretty solid in PvE.

FUCK YEAH~!   Congratulations, man! 

Now you will be the reason why people back out of PvP queues!

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

Last night's IB performances were a bit better than the previous one's, but I did my best work in matches that were losses because the rest of my team did not show up to fight.  Very frustrating when a zone down and trying to push and no one backs you up.  Even more so when you get triple capped because your blueberries don't even bother to defend the one zone that belonged to our team. 

Those were the matches where I just threw up my hands and focused on getting scout rifle headshots. I was constantly saying, "Uh, guys.  It's perfectly fine for us to prevent the other team from recapping a zone.  We don't have to wait for them to cap it before we do something about it."

The lost art of zone defense is still lost.

Anyway, yeah.  Headshots.  I'm at 92% for scout rifle kills on the RTK quest so it looks like I'll be hitting up Freelance Survival on the Main Crucible Playlist this weekend to start collecting that Glory.

Oh, don't forget to talk to Saladin as often as you can.  It may take one or two trips but he will eventually hand out Festival candy.

I still have no clue what to do about the Spider Vision triumph, but will most certainly be chatting with Xur again over the weekend.

Edited by J.T.

Got my Deathsinger last night

Between a dead ghost and needing to go to the Catacombs anyway to get a piece for one of the Essence I had I figured I might as well do it while I am down here.

Took a few tries since I was trying to do it as a Sentinel since I was all "WELL THE WIZARDS HAVE VOID SHIELDS!!!"

Yeah... it was much simpler to just run as a Striker with my two grenades (Well I also had to do a couple of runs just to get purple back)

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah... it was much simpler to just run as a Striker with my two grenades (Well I also had to do a couple of runs just to get purple back)

You could've just made a quick run to the Tribute Hall and gone back to the moon with full ammo.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You could've just made a quick run to the Tribute Hall and gone back to the moon with full ammo.

I didn't want to risk losing my check point and having to kill the first 3 witches again

Plus, the quicker method would have been to go back to Eris and plant a rally flag there instead of leaving the system and then coming back

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't want to risk losing my check point and having to kill the first 3 witches again

Plus, the quicker method would have been to go back to Eris and plant a rally flag there instead of leaving the system and then coming back

Rally Banners cost you materials.   Tribute Hall is free, or at least it's free after you pay the initial costs to get the systems up and running.

But yeah, I wouldn't have jeopardized my checkpoint just for heavy ammo.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - you forget that I am overflowing with resources so the cost of Rally Banners don't both me

Plus I just got a bunch as a reward on the season pass.

Hoarder...

Just messing with you.   

I don't carry that many Phantasmal Fragments anymore because I am constantly converting them to Phantasmal Shards since the stack size is larger.

I never get the chance to use the shards to buy gear quests from the Phylactery because the Nightmare Hunts practically give the quests away as rewards..

That and I don't really need to do the quests anymore since the majority of my gear is 950.  I'm at the point where only pinnacle gear will upgrade me past the hard light cap..

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The IBing starts in full tonight as I am no longer paranoid about cashing in a pinacle bounty.

The patch should be available with the reset at Noon EST.  I am tempted to go home for lunch just for the install.

Edited by J.T.

Why do I never record the matches where I do awesome shit?

I was in an IB match last night where I got natural Go Fourth medal off of four consecutive Jade Rabbit scout rifle precision kills.  You'd have thought we were playing Momentum Control. 

One guy would see his buddy get domed and by the time he figured out where I was camping, he'd get domed too. 

I was only ranked second on the team's best killer list, though.  I had the same amount of kills as the number one guy (20 Ks), but he got a shitload of Power Play kills after lighting up the enemy team with a Nova Warp.

I'm up to 96% on scoutie kills now.  Soon the RTK will be mine.

Edited by J.T.