DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I did a couple of matches of Freelance and it was tough getting matches.

So I said "Okay - I will just do regular Survival"

And of course, immediately go against a 3 stack where every single person on that team was running a douchebag loadout.

We won 4-2

I want a million points for that win

I lost a regular Survival match yesterday while paired up with a dedicated two man with douchebag loadouts to a squad of three randos because one of the guys in the two stack kept pushing solo and using up all of our fucking lives. 

And yeah, I also had my douchebag loadout.  Never leave home without it.

I had to solo clutch two rounds straight to get us knotted up and force a seventh round, but I fell short during the tiebreaker in the deciding round... as the Last Guardian Standing.

We lost the match 3-4.  You can't be a hero all of the time.

You can tell the people who pay for their Pinnacle Weapons from the ones that earned them and those two guys on my team must've spent money for their Recluse SMGs and RTKs because they played like boiled monkey ass.

I've gotten all of the Vex Offensive weapon shit out of the way so now I need Void melee kills on the moon and the Season of the Undying Collections Badge completion to earn that triumph seal.  

If I don't mess around, I can get the RTK done by the end of the season.  I just need two really high light idiots to carry my 969 punk ass through a 980 Master level Ordeal Nightfall.

Edited by J.T.

I won a second match against a 3 stack from the clan "BEER". I think I was even happier with that one than the first one.

I stayed up way too late grindng HC kills to get to the next quest step. I am thankfully at the solar kills stage now.

That and 3 Rumble matches are easy

I am dreading the precision HC kills

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Play to win and aim for the head.  Eventually you will get your headshots.

If you worry about getting kills rather than support your team, you'll do dumb things like challenge when you shouldn't and you'll get merced.

And remember you still have to get to Fabled before the rankings reset at the end of the season so that you will get retro credit for that quest step, so wins are very important.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I won a second match against a 3 stack from the clan "BEER". I think I was even happier with that one than the first one.

I got a win on Sunday against a team with three stack rom a Juggalo clan whose clan code sported the Number of the Beast.

I was very happy with our team winning in a shut out and being the top killer with nearly a 3.0 ER.  My team played extra filthy that match.  I was proud of them.

I think I extra griefed the Jotunn spammer asshole on the other team and I am pretty sure he reported me for it.

I had his timing down and we were on Distant Shore, so there was plenty of rocks to duck behind when he fired and then one of us would dome him while he reloaded out in the open.  Dummy.

Edited by J.T.

I need the Fable rank period - so whether or not I am going for HC kills won't matter.

I might be that guy with Jotunn in Survival since most of my favorite/good weapons are not solar.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I need the Fable rank period - so whether or not I am going for HC kills won't matter.

I might be that guy with Jotunn in Survival since most of my favorite/good weapons are not solar.

I'd recommend using Truth rather than Jotunn, TBH, unless you are on a team of blooddrinkers that are constantly spawning Special Ammo for you from their kills.  I prefer to use weapons with decent reload speeds in my KW and EW slots.

There are some maps like Burnout and Distant Shore that have lots of available cover and some players are smart enough to flash your tracker and try to coax you into shooting at them so that you'll waste ammo and then they'll kack you while you're reloading.

I've gotten fairly decent at tracker baiting while playing Comp.  I'm all about setting up the pre-fire killbox with my team.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It matters because that quest is now time sensitive and it's back to Guardian I at the beginning of the season..   Two weeks seems like plenty of time, but not with an IB coming up this week.  

I'll be playing as much Glory Survival as I can this week, but I'll be putting most of my focus on completing those IB bounties for four pieces of Pinnacle Gear to boost my light.  

Of course, I'll be mad as hell if it's four days to go and I am not even halfway through the Glory points part of the RTK because Matchmaking constantly sticks me with idiots.

Edited by J.T.

This is why I hate Comp.

We are up 3-0 and dude on my team just quits.

I hate spent the last 10 minutes trying to remember their name because the recent players list isn't updating

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This is why I hate Comp.

We are up 3-0 and dude on my team just quits.

I hate spent the last 10 minutes trying to remember their name because the recent players list isn't updating

Check the Destiny 2 app once your player activity updates.  It has the names of all participants in the match; even the ones that quit.

Then you can report him via D2 AND Xbox Live if you do a search for his gamer tag on XBox once you find out what it was through the app.

I am baffled as to why he'd bounce when you're up 3-0.  Unless you saw him put up his Ghost and depart, I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and think it was connection related.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am baffled as to why he'd bounce when you're up 3-0.  Unless you saw him put up his Ghost and depart, I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and think it was connection related.

Fuck Pach3cosky

• Haha 2

I am now the proud owner of Thorn after a 90 minute run in Chasm of Screams. That sucked so damn much. I can see why it drove JT to drinking.The thralls in that last boss fight are such a pain in the ass. Why are they never ending? I curse the bastard who thought of that one.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Crimson/Trust combo and as JT said always aim for the head. Actually you can probably go for the neck or lungs with Crimson. It will find its mark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

I am now the proud owner of Thorn after a 90 minute run in Chasm of Screams. That sucked so damn much. I can see why it drove JT to drinking.The thralls in that last boss fight are such a pain in the ass. Why are they never ending? I curse the bastard who thought of that one.

Grats on your Thorn~!  They make you earn it, don't they?  

Rippa and I two-manned everything up to the Shrieker and then it took like ten thousand years and another rando to get us across the finish line.

To this day, there are few encounter scenarios I hate more than Chasm of Screams....

The enhanced version of the Forsaken strike you have to get through to earn Malfeasance is a close second.

Keep an eye on your EDZ Destinations triumph queue.  There should be one there now called Mark of the Devourer.  Have fun with that shit (sarcasm..)...

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Crimson/Trust combo and as JT said always aim for the head. Actually you can probably go for the neck or lungs with Crimson. It will find its mark.

Yep, LW / Trust or Crimson / Trust should get you there.  I think I am finally decent enough in Comp to go after my own Lunas.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Rippa and I two-manned everything up to the Shrieker and then it took like ten thousand years and another rando to get us across the finish line.

That is pretty much what happened to me. Checked LFG to see what was there, noticed someone wanting to do Chasm. We were suppose to get a third, but the guy flaked out and never showed up. We ended up doing the boss battle 8-12 times before someone finally agreed to help us. Still ended up dying at least once or twice even after that though we eventually did get the job done.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, RIPPA said:

This isn't a surprise by Bungie did confirm that Season the Dawn will start Dec 10

They will do a reveal stream on Dec 4

I have no idea why they would start a new season right before Christmas.   I've no idea why the Season of the Undying can't have a bit more time added to the end since it started late to begin with and just include the upcoming Dawning celebration event.

Well, I completed the Dark Side of the Moon triumph yesterday, so all that's left for the Undying triumph seal is to get my RTK and complete a Master level Ordeal Nightfall.  

Frankly, I'm more intimidated by the Nightfall than I am the PvP Pinnacle quest.  I will probably be barely above 970, so I'll need to be carried to the finish.  I'll probably try on Sunday since the Inverted Spire is up this week and I know what weapons and class I need to break barriers when Match Game is up. 

I can't really try tomorrow since my kid and I are going to see Hamilton during the day

Crucible continues to be weird this week.   I'm on a new 2 match win streak in Comp and am about 600 Glory points and 5% Medal percentage away from finishing RTK.  I'm doing pretty well in small teams match play but I cannot get on a good roll in IB 6v6 to save my life. 

I think my biggest streak so far is a mere Ruthless and it doesn't help that I keep dying because I am pushing for captures while my teammates are out there playing Clash.

I actually finished the glory part of RTK

I’m still ridiculously far away on the other two parts

Had another “shitty Bungie server” moment

Start an IB match, when I load in I am the only person on my team. First thought was that I had a 5 stack that quit out. But then I notice the other team only has 3 players 

We mutter about for like 3 or 4 minutes. No one gets added to our game and then I get guitared out. So thanks for that Bungie

11 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have no idea why they would start a new season right before Christmas.   I've no idea why the Season of the Undying can't have a bit more time added to the end since it started late to begin with and just include the upcoming Dawning celebration event.

To get that Christmas money.

Since you can buy season's individually someone might be "Oh I have time off, let me check out the new season"

Or people might be gifting the Annual Pass to folks (especially if folks are drawn in by whatever the new season is)

Not to mention folks who might get the entire game as a gift

I got Shadowkeep and Forsaken as my Black Friday gift to myself. Hadn't played since beating the game soon after it came out. Shit... I may have to start over, because not only did they change a ton of stuff, but I'm also not sure that I remember how some of the holdover stuff works, either.

I'm pretty okay with the idea. This is likely going to be my zen, self-care game for a while, as I'm super stressed out about moving and, even more so, my pending unemployment. Definitely need something to take my mind off of all that. 

• Like 1

BTW - the fact that the Tangled Shore is going to be the Flashpoint for a 2nd straight week sure leads me to believe that the data miners were right and we will finally be able to do something with this fucking toothbrush

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - the fact that the Tangled Shore is going to be the Flashpoint for a 2nd straight week sure leads me to believe that the data miners were right and we will finally be able to do something with this fucking toothbrush

Yeah, that's why I kept mine.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:48 PM, RIPPA said:

Finally got my Recluse

Now I can be a douchebag too!

You can't be a true douchebag until you have an RTK.  It is absurdly good in PvP.  Far better than the base stats would imply, so I would not be surprised if there was a Fire Rate nerf in its future..

I've got my weapon perks set for Rapid Hit / Kill Clip and I have a Targeting Adjuster on it.  So far, it's been treating me very well with the caveat that I've done some swapping on my Iron Will armor mods to favor PvP match play (Precision Weapon Targeting / Rifle & SMG Reload / SMG Dexterity amongst other tweaks).

After I got my RTK, I was able to get a Master-level Ordeal Nightfall clear so yeah,  I am UNDYING~!

Edited by J.T.

Basically this week will be spamming ordeals until I complete the scoring for the Vanguard seasonal shit.

Then it will just be scout rifle kills till the end of time (and fighting the fucking bugged medal part of that quest)

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Then it will just be scout rifle kills till the end of time (and fighting the fucking bugged medal part of that quest)

The medal part of the RTK is very suspect.  In the match where I went Fabled Glory, I got an Annihilation / Undertaker with 98% to go and I only got up to 99% credit.  

You'd have thought I'd have gotten credit for 100% with a Gold medal and an upper tier (black / orange) medal.

I had to play an IB match and get a Go Fourth medal for a 4 player kill streak (amongst other medals) to get to 100%.

I probably won't do much this coming week since I am working swing shift until after next Season starts.  I'll probably spam Vex Incursions to see if I can get a good roll on the Seasonal MG.  I'm very happy with the Zen Moment / HIRs roll on my Pluperfect.

I don't even really have to play any Glory matches after tomorrow's reset since rankings will get flushed after the New Season reset next Tuesday, but I will probably play to keep in practice and see if I can maybe get to Legend before the end of the current season since the loss penalty for Glory Freelance is far more forgiving than old Comp was..

Edited by J.T.