DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

RNG hates me.   I made three Powerful Invader Motes while running the Reckoning last night.

I had a really good blueberry team that got to the Shadow of Oryx three times straight and nuked him.  I am so happy that my Malfeasance is 950.

For my armor rewards, I got one Notorious Invader Vest and two Notorious Invader Cloaks.  WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE ME A PAIR OF FUCKING BOOTS TO FINISH THE SET~??

I'll run more GP bounties to earn more red synths when I play GP this weekend and then pray that I don't get stuck with a team of idiots when it is time to armor grind.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I ran one strike to finish off like 4 bounties and then remembered that the Vikings/Skins were on so that was how much I played last night

I tapped out around 9PM to get in another episode of Altered Carbon on Netflix..

If you watched Vikings / Skins, you were desperate for football.

Edited by J.T.

Details of the new Crucible mode

Next week, Lord Shaxx is mixing things up in the Crucible with a new mode called Momentum Control. While Mayhem puts focus on Supers, Momentum shifts your focus to gunplay. This is a fast-paced, hair-on-fire experience where the lethality of all weapons has been cranked to 11. You’re incentivized to be aggressive as you defeat other Guardians to earn charged melees, grenades, and Supers. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect:

Instant Respawn Times 
Out of the fight? No problem; drop right back in immediately
Weapon Damage Increased 
Higher combat lethality 
Everything in your arsenal is a contender
Ability Regen Requires Effort 
Defeat enemy players to charge your melee, grenade, and Super
No Tracker 
Sneak around your enemies for some sweet flanks
Amped Control 
Zones capture faster and grant more bonus points per kill
Super Charged Supers
Increased damage resist in Super means you become the 1,000-pound gorilla
Be careful, because Heavy weapons will put you down quickly
The Heaviest of Ammo 
Increased Heavy ammo respawn rates and drop amounts 

Many of us who have been playtesting this have compared it to the classic Halo custom game SWAT, but for Destiny. We’ve done a lot of trying out different weapons and seeing how they behaved in this heavily modified sandbox of a mode. 

Momentum will be the featured 6v6 rotating playlist during Festival of the Lost. We’ll be monitoring the community’s response to see when we want to bring it back. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

No Tracker 

Yeah, fuck that.   I played a lot of No Tracker Comp back in the day in my failed quest to get the Redrix's Claymore and the crispy ornament and it was a complete fucking shitshow, so I have no idea why they'd bring it back Blackout PvP Edition for a match mode with more kill potential than other playlists..

Focus on Gunplay = Pre-Shadowkeep PvP Pinnacle Weapons will have the advantage.

No Trackers = More Campers.... like me...

And with everyone still bitching about "OP" roaming supers that continue to be difficult to weapon challenge like Top Tree Striker FoH, Middle Tree Voidwaker Nova Warp, and Middle Tree Nightstalker Spectral Blades, who thought it would be a good idea to create a game mode that them even more lethal and REWARDS YOU WIITH EXTRA POINTS FOR KILLS IF YOU HAVE ZONE CONTROL~????

Especially fucking Spectral Blades which gives you True Sight while you're enshrouded so that you don't even need a tracker to see where your enemies are dug in. Since Bungie is taking your tracker away for this game mode, you won't see the SB Hunter coming, but he can most definitely see you.

That's not restricted to Supers, either.

Middle Tree Nightstalker gives you a few seconds of True Sight if you just score a headshot while you're crouched.  If weapons are hella lethal and I have a better chance of getting a headshot kill, I'll just camp an area with the Jade Rabbit and stay crouched so that I can get a free peek of enemy positions after I get a scout rifle precision kill and my True Sight kicks in.

I swear.  Bungie doesn't do any playstesting nor does it sound like they think anything through.. 

That game mode does not incentivize you to be more aggressive.  It incentivizes you to establish dual zone control and lock down the Heavy spawn for your team just like Vanilla Control.  There is no added value for triple capping like there is in the IB. 

Since you have no Tracker, you don't want to go wandering off on your own trying to be a hero where you'll blunder into team shooting ambush situations and hand over free points to the other team.  If you thought your non-pushing, one zone capping, blueberry team was infuriating in Vanilla Control or IB Control, imagine how you'll rage during one of these fucking things..

Kinda like these people playing Apex Legends.

I'll give Bungie devs a little credit because I've noticed that I've been better able to weapon challenge some Supers since Shadowkeep launched, but that's mostly because it's early in the release and players will full sets of MW armor are few and far between. 

Once players have higher damage resistance while in Supers, the issue of not being able to challenge Supers with weapons is gong to come back again.

And even with Trackers disabled, you'll still know more or less where the enemy team is.  If you see a skull on your HUD generated by a dead teammate, you know that's not the direction to push without backup.

I give this match mode thirty days of no one playing in it after their first horrible experience and then going to bitch about it on the official forums for Bungie to re-enable Trackers for this game mode.

Edited by J.T.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Eivion said:

I finally saw the quest steps for Divinity. Well, there goes another exotic I will never be getting.

Me neither since I haven't been on any raid other than the three Leviathan runs.  I enjoyed Leviathan and Eater of Worlds, but Spire of Stars is about as fun as jabbing yourself in the eye with a pencil.  As much as I really want to get Last Wish done, the idea of raiding and what it does to players makes me skittish about looking for a crew to help me with a raid clear and destroying the eggs.

I think I'd be happy if I never got a Thousand Voices fusion rifle o' ultimate death as long as I nuked the eggs and got a raid clear.  I'd have another achievement under my belt and be a step closer to unlocking two more Triumph Seals.

I did manage to get my Deathbringer on Saturday morning before my kid and I bailed to hang out in the city..   I am not sure whether it or Truth is the better troll Invasion weapon for Gambit Prime. I think I prefer Truth because if you lock on and fire, your rocket will 99.99% kill someone.

We had a sharp eyed Sentry in one of my GP teams last night that sniped an Invader just as he fired his Deathbringer and the rocket appeared to detonate prematurely and we were far enough away from the purple orbs o' doom that no one died.  Whew!

Speaking of Gambit Prime, I GOT NOTORIOUS INVADER BOOTS YESTERDAY~! so I now have one full set of Notorious Gambit Prime 2.0 armor,  Next up will be Sentry.

Since I will only use those armor sets for Gambit Prime (there's no incentive for me to play Vanilla Gambit anymore), I'll probably slap on the critter resist mods (Boss Resist, Major Resist. etc.) rather than the elemental resists to buff my damage resistance against all enemy classes.

I hate class specific shit, but the Gate Lord's Eye pretty much will force you to build at least two sets of elemental specific armor:  one for a Void Class and one for an Arc class.

I have chosen my Dreambane armor to be my Void set.  I have Overload Grenades / Disruption Spike on my Chest armor and Oppressive Darkness on my cloak.  My Vortex Grenades are now no fucking joke in PvE, especially in the Vex Incursion or Ordeal Nightfall when there is an Overload Champion lurking about. 

I tend to run bottom tree Nightstalker given the way my armor is mode now so that the Lockdown class skill increases the duration of my grenade effects.

I've got Unstoppable Melee and Thunder Coil on my Took Offense and Iron Will armor.  It's feast or famine trying to stun punch an Unstoppable Champion, though.  I try to use my unstoppable Austringer or the Leviathan's Breath to stagger them before they get too close.

Everyone under the sun has an Eriana's Vow so I don't really worry about countering Barrier Champions.

I think I am ready to test the 950 Master level Nightmare Hunt / Master level Ordeal Nightfall waters.

I was sorta hoping that there would be no bullshit mods on Heroic Menagerie this coming week so I can take a shot downfield at a Goldtusk with Assassin's Blade, but Festival starts tomorrow and I am sure my OCD will force me to obsess over clearing all of the event triumphs and putting my hands on a Braytech Werewolf.

Edited by J.T.

Spent a decent chunk of time on the Moon this weekend.

Finally officially got the Deathbringer quest (ie: I completed everything that lead to the Exotic Quest dropping)

Felt a little dumb as I didn't realize the Nightmares in Sorrow's Harbor counted so I kept spamming Nightmare Hunts. I mean I needed to do 3 of them anyway but I just could have saved some time.

Oh and one of those fun little moments.

Loaded myself out to play Gambit and then wasn't paying attention and fired up a Crucible match. Whoops.

30 kills and a Flagbearer medal later I was finally ready to play Gambit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Finally officially got the Deathbringer quest (ie: I completed everything that lead to the Exotic Quest dropping)

The final quest is counterintuitive.  If you hearing ghost keening, head straight for the source boss and smersh it quickly.  If you spend too much time clearing adds, you'll die.

I would've probably solo wiped a dozen times if I hadn't watched Ninja Pup's tutorial.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Felt a little dumb as I didn't realize the Nightmares in Sorrow's Harbor counted so I kept spamming Nightmare Hunts. I mean I needed to do 3 of them anyway but I just could have saved some time.

Eh.  I think you did right.

Killing the Nightmares in Sorrow's Harbor do not yield Platinum or Gold level rewards like the ones you get when your team completes the Hunt by killing all or most of the Champions.  Saving time is relative.  There is added value to spamming Nightmare Hunts.

The BBEG Nightmare Ogre is in Anchor of Light this week, but I am 960-ish now so I can put him down if there are one or two 950's around to help.  The Nightmare does not like my Oppressive Darkness grenades.  No, he does not.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

30 kills and a Flagbearer medal later I was finally ready to play Gambit

Good shit!  I take it from the Flagbearer medal that your ER was well above even.

I still have the rotation PvP reward to grind for so I may play some Breakthrough tonight.  If I get stuck with too many tards, I'll bite the bullet and spam Mayhem until the hurting stops. 

I'd prefer that Breakthrough not be so painful since what I really want to do is grind scout rifle kills and stack a few wins.

Edited by J.T.

I am not even sure why I bothered to craft a set of GP armor anyway.  it was probably OCD.

I want to be furious when players don't cede heavy to me for invasions or zerg the portal before I can use it, but I really do think that Season of the Joker was so shitty that there are still players out there that have no clue about how Notorious armor works.

I've been on teams this season that have had a Collector on our side and we've lost because my shitty teammaces either bum rush motes before the Collector gets to them or didn't keep me keep the bank clear so that the Collector could send a Giant Blocker over.

I truly believe only maybe 10% of the player base has full sets of armor

And of those - half of that might be just for the collection reasons.

EDIT - Honestly I am not even sure I will play Gambit Prime anymore since they changed to the weekly to include regular and Prime. I might just to up my chances of working on this fucking quest step. I mean I killed 6 dudes yesterday in my match and my progress went up less than 10%

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I truly believe only maybe 10% of the player base has full sets of armor

And of those - half of that might be just for the collection reasons.

EDIT - Honestly I am not even sure I will play Gambit Prime anymore since they changed to the weekly to include regular and Prime. I might just to up my chances of working on this fucking quest step. I mean I killed 6 dudes yesterday in my match and my progress went up less than 10%

IIRC, your progress bumps up a bit more if you help kill an Invader.  I seem to recall jumping up nearly 15% after a match where I only killed 3 players while Invading, but helped stuff a really bad Invader two or three times.

Now I have to get Powerful Taken kills so that means only Blockers, Envoys, and the Primeval will count. Progress is sllllloooooowwwww.

Seriously though the Gambit cosmetic item quest is far less annoying than the one for the Vanguard.   The Melee Kill and Supers Kill shit is taking forever.  I finished the Crucible one in no time flat, or maybe it seemed that way since lately I've been on a mission to ventilate skulls from long range with a scout rifle.

Edited by J.T.

In a moment of senility or perhaps drunkenness, Rippa posted the Festival of the Lost clip in the Borderlands 3 thread.

I will post it here for the like three of us on the board that still play Destiny 2.

I am sure that they will disappoint me by making the Werewolf a Precision Frame 400RPM auto-rifle as if we didn't alreadt have enough of those as kinetic weapons.

There hasn't been a really good 750RPM kinetic auto since Duty Bound.  That fucking thing was beast.

Edited by J.T.

My issue is that my pinnacle items are constantly the same piece of armor.

I think I have three gauntlets over 950 but not a single other item

WHICH also reminds me that the last two exotics I got to drop were both Wormgod Caress

Fucking RNG

I am glad that you are an item hoarder so maybe you can benefit from my wisdom born of pain and anger.

Nearly every trash mob in the boss kill stage of a Nightmare Hunt has a Solar barrier and Bungie now has this thing about adding Match Game to Master level encounters. 

If you ever get Shield Disorient / Disruption Break / Genesis roll on a Ringing Nail auto-rifle when you are running BA Forges, DO NOT SHRED IT~!

It will be worth its weight in Glimmer, especially if you put Anti-Barrier Rounds on it.

I got Shield Disorient / Rampage on a Ringing Nail roll last Friiday and I was dumb and did not keep it.  I thought my Forge running days would be over once I got my Hammerhead up to 950.  

They are not.

I have a 950 Zen Moment / HIRs Misfit with AB Rounds that doubles as my Arc shield breaker for Ordeal Nightfalls and now I am going to start grinding Ringing Nails to use as my designated Solar shield breaker for Nightmare Hunts.

The Arbalest is a natural Barrier breaker, but you can't spec it to take down any sort of Champion and it also takes up an Exotic slot which forces you to use Legendaries in your EW and PW slots.   That's problematic since there are no mods for PWs that can deal with champions other than the Leviathan's Breath..... which is an Exotic....

It's better to run purples in your KW and EW slots for Champion killing, so that only leaves the PW slot open for running an Exotic.  I normally run the LB since that gives me one more option for Champion killing plus the Knockback / AOE arrows are good for nuking trash mobs congregating around the Champion.

Edited by J.T.

I was looking at the patch notes for today's update and all I can say is THANK GOD! for the following

Phantasmal Core stack cap raised from 3 to 999

Increased stack size of Gambit Prime Synths to 999

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was looking at the patch notes for today's update and all I can say is THANK GOD! for the following

Phantasmal Core stack cap raised from 3 to 999

Increased stack size of Gambit Prime Synths to 999

The Gambit Prime Synth stack size bump is absurd.  No one likes Reckoning enough to grind all of those synths into armor pieces and 12 will get you a full set of Notorious Armor if you don't get dupes..  A stack size of around 20 per variety would be just fine for synths.

If this was the Season Of The Joker and we had no control over armor perks then 999 would be good, but we have Armor 2.0 so we don't need a stack size increase for fucking GP Synths.

I like the Phantasmal Core increase. Three is too few.  They could stand to bump up the stack sizes for Phantasmal Fragments and Vex Mind Components, too.

Edited by J.T.

Its not because people have 999 synths lying around.

It is because most normal players are going to have more than 20. Now I will only have 4 inventory slots used instead of 8.

A player generates synths way quicker than they use them (for example: in one GP match I can earn say 3 synths while only being able to use 1)

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Its not because people have 999 synths lying around.

Even so, I have given it some thought and have reversed my former position.

Given the increased Glimmer cap, it actually makes sense to bump the stack size for all GP Synths up to 999.

That just incentivizes me to hoard synths rather than endure the misery of the Reckoning and convert the synths to Glimmer at Drifter's vendor spot.

Then I can either go to Spider and convert the Glimmer into Materials, buy Raid Banners from Petra, or invest in upgrade shit from Banshee.  I can use the Glimmer angle to roll Synths over into Consumables that I know I will use.

For once, my chronic overanalysis is more blessing than curse.

Edited by J.T.

I'm sure the scene from logging in after today's reset will totally give JT a new trust in Eris.

Apparently weapons and armor now take on the icon of whatever ornaments you have on.

Edited by Eivion

At some point they are going to have to raise the cap on Menagerie crap as while I haven't done a run in forever, I still open all the chests on the Barge as a way to burn glimmer