DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Now part of the PvP nerf is because they are also nerfing One Eyed Mask. So the ultimate douchebag load out for Titans is going away (Hence the ones doing the most crying)

This is the one that pleases me. I'm not sure why it took so long.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This is the one that pleases me. I'm not sure why it took so long.

Just for the record - the One Eyed Mask nerf is removing the overshield that was granted when you killed someone who damaged you.

The Vengeance perk will still provide health regeneration upon kills and you will still see who damaged you.

The reason it worked so well with Recluse is you knew where the person was and could blind fire and basically be assured of killing them (in addition to getting the overshield)

In general - Vengeance will kinda always be a broken perk and I do wonder if at some point they totally remove it from the game

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - the One Eyed Mask nerf is removing the overshield that was granted when you killed someone who damaged you.

The Vengeance perk will still provide health regeneration upon kills and you will still see who damaged you.

The reason it worked so well with Recluse is you knew where the person was and could blind fire and basically be assured of killing them (in addition to getting the overshield)

In general - Vengeance will kinda always be a broken perk and I do wonder if at some point they totally remove it from the game

Oh I know. The overshield was too much. I'm not all that bothered by the health regeneration. I just know there have been way too many times I could have easily taken out Titans if they didn't have a damn overshield.

In the TWIB - Bungie announced that Solar classes will get their overhaul next season

The three big changes will hit

Bottom tree Gunslinger

Middle tree Sunbreaker

Top tree Dawnblade

(Those are the three that they said were underperforming the most)

There are A LOT of changes - so basically if you use the solar classes a lot I suggest you read it

IB returns next week for the final time this season

They do note that the IB armor will be different next season so you can store tokens and carry them over and cash them in then.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

IB returns next week for the final time this season

They do note that the IB armor will be different next season so you can store tokens and carry them over and cash them in then.

This season has flown by.

And yeah, I'm tossing my IB tokens into the Vault for next season and infusing my Iron Will armor into my Dreambane armor following this upcoming tournament to bump up the LL.   Next season's IB armor will be Pinnacle Gear and have a brand new quest associated with it, so there is no reason to keep this season's set.

Well, the Race to RTK is in the Glory earning stage now.  I am 2-1 in Glory matches for the week. My team really sucked in the first match I played and I totally got carried in the second match that my team won in spite of me.   I really don't want to hear any bullshit about Spectral Blades being OP anymore now that I have gotten shot out of my super twice in one match by some asshole Warlock using Trust.  

I also lost two 1v1 gunfights to the Trust-lock while using the Recluse.  I can chalk up one failed challenge to network bullshit and Stamina, but in one instance, I got outlasted even after getting the first shots in.  Even with a Healing Ward, I still should've finished him off first.  I know because I've done it before many times.

Whomever is making this decision to nerf Recluse really needs to tell whining board ragers to STFU.  Just about any weapon kills me just fine and IMO it is Trust that might be the best candidate for the nerf hammer, if I believed in nerfing (which I don't).  Always Buff / Never Nerf. 

I was getting a bit discouraged by my shitty shitty gameplay, but I'm glad I decided to go ahead with a third match.  I was the second sweatiest guy in the match and the top killer was also on my team.   It was a satisfying match because there were two Jotunn spammers on the other team but we were on the Burnout map, so there was plenty of cover to help us avoid fiery death blasts.  We hid behind the rocks on the outside of the structure and picked them off one by one.  Before you knew it, we were up 2-0.

The shittiest guy on their side tapped out at the start of Round 3 and I thought we were going to have a 3-2 advantage... until the shitty guy on our team left in the middle of Round 3.  He kept pushing solo and getting killed.   Stupid.  That's what he gets for not following our lead.

The two guys that were left on the other team were the original Jotunn spammers, but my dude and I stuck to the original plan and we wiped those fuckers out 4 rounds to 1.  I'm sure that my dude and I probably got reported.  The Broadsword seemed to be especially lethal during that match.

I was happy to see that I hadn't forgotten how to use a pulse rifle after all of that Jade Rabbit killing.

I'm riding a 2 match win streak in Comp.  Now that a triumph is on the line, watch me lose my third match and have to earn the 3 match win streak all over again...

I also now have a full set of Sentry armor just in time for this season to be nearly over, but at least I can continue working on getting Lockdown medals in GP and eventually get the only GP emblem I am even remotely close to unlocking.

The Undying Mind encounter isn't that much harder than the one with the Gate Lord.  I've unlocked the Pushing Down Daisies emblem and still haven't been on a team where at least one asshole hasn't fucked around and died.  We almost went flawless on my first Undying Mind run until some dipshit went AFK to swap weapons in mid-fight and got nuked.  Who fucking does that?

Edited by J.T.

I really should see what remaining seasonal triumphs I can get finished but I really don’t wanna play just Vex Offensive 

I am off for a week starting this afternoon so I guess I will see which way the wind takes me

I am so out of the loop when it comes to this game. When I got back in there and got what felt like a million notifications I was just dumbfounded for what to do. I almost felt like starting all the way over. Eventually I remembered or figured out how to get quests, which I swear were beginner quests I already did, but I'm not sure how that can be the case because my power level or whatever is 750.

It'll take me longer to really re-familiarize myself with things, but the important thing is that this plays amazingly well on Stadia and looks ridiculously good. I don't think I had one issue come up while playing last night...

Except for the complete lack of a player base. This game is a ghost town on Stadia ?

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I am so out of the loop when it comes to this game. When I got back in there and got what felt like a million notifications I was just dumbfounded for what to do. I almost felt like starting all the way over. Eventually I remembered or figured out how to get quests, which I swear were beginner quests I already did, but I'm not sure how that can be the case because my power level or whatever is 750.

Any storyline quest you didn't finish was reset to the beginning due to raising the power level of everything to 750

So there is a good chance that you did in fact do some of this stuff before.

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By storyline quest, do you mean the storyline from vanilla Destiny 2? I completed the entire story in vanilla Destiny 2 and stopped before any expansions came out. 

I was referring to all the Red War stuff so "story missions"

That being said - you can always replay those - especially on "Heroic" mode. 

(There both story missions and then "adventures")

Some of those "quests" where attached to exotic weapons - progress on those were also reset.

Basically what I am saying is you will do almost everything more than once in the game so, yes, you probably did some of that stuff before

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, RIPPA said:

Things have been FUBARed all day

Most recent update 

Yeah, it didn't clear up until the wee hours of the morning EDT, but my body clock was fucked from night duty so I was awake and playing around 2AM.

Spammed a lot of Vex Incursion:  Final Assault over the weekend.  I only need Bow crits and kills to get my last VI triumph in and that will put me two triumphs shy of the Undying triumph seal. 

After that I will have the undaunting task of completing the RTK ritual weapon quest and finding some poor souls to drag me through a Master level Ordeal Nightfall.

I got my 3 game win streak triumph in Glory match play on Sunday afternoon.  I just need to complete one more Glory match and I'll have the S8 Glory PvP triumphs done.  I'm currently at 480 Glory / Brave II. 

Only 1600 more points to earn for the RTK.  *sigh*

I played a Valor Control match to get back in the swing of PvP and was totally horrible, but then went on a tear in Glory Survival with my 2 game win streak on the line and ended up with 23 kills / 2.67 ER and a 10 kill streak. 

I have no idea why I am total shit in Valor play and seem to rise to the occasion in Glory small teams.   You'd think it would be the other way around.

I'd have played further into the evening on Saturday and Sunday, but I went over my homie's crib to watch the PPVs on both days.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I finished up the Gambit seasonal stuff over the weekend so at least that is done.

There is zero chance I get any of the weapon stuff done in Vex Offensive

Oh.  I also need Void melee kills on the moon to complete the Dark Side of the Moon triumph for the Undying seal, so it will be all about running Middle Tree Nightstalker and Monte Carlo so that I can throw Caustic Smoke bombs at will at gangs of Thralls during Pit of Sorrow events.

Edited by J.T.

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I Arc and Void stuff I should get done... assuming I don't get bored

I'd do it while grinding Altar of Sorrow.  At least you'll get a shot at one of those new weapons.. 

If you want to speed things up a little, use Monte Carlo as your primary to buff your melee ability cooldown and toss an Impact Induction mod on your Arm armor so that any melee damage you cause buffs your grenade cooldoiwn.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I have been getting stuff in Vex Offensive and the Altar but I am not dedicating my time soely to them

Like used was spent doing the Gambit stuff and getting solar kills in strikes.

I also finally starting dipping my toes into the Survival waters since I have like 4 things that require Glory

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I also finally starting dipping my toes into the Survival waters since I have like 4 things that require Glory

I like three man Freelance, but your success is at the mercy of matchmaking.  I've been lucky enough to get solid teams so far and I haven't played like shit while grinding Glory, but my first Glory match was disastrous.  My team and I played awfully.

I can be pretty sweaty sometimes but I don't think I am sweaty enough to carry an entire team unless everyone on the other side is just horrible.

Edited by J.T.

I think I played 5 or 6 matches..

Won the first one.

Haven't won since.

Most of them are really close - I only think one time we got blown out. 

It would also be easier if I was using something other than a hand cannon but I really need the HC kills too.

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think I played 5 or 6 matches..

Won the first one.

Haven't won since.

Most of them are really close - I only think one time we got blown out. 

It would also be easier if I was using something other than a hand cannon but I really need the HC kills too.

I lost my first match in a blow-out but have been on a three match win streak so far.  I plan on spamming a few Freelance Survival matches tonight if RAW is garbage.

If you need HC kills, use Trust because I have been getting outgunned with it on the regular while challenging with my Recluse.  It is total bullshit.  If it were me challenging a Recluse with a Trust, I'd get melted instantly.

As for the Dark Side of the Moon triumph, I don't know what idiot dev came up with a triumph that required Nightstalkers to get Melee ability kills.   The fucking Melee ability for bottom tree isn't even lethal nor is intended to be used on enemies for fuck's sake.

Edited by J.T.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you need HC kills, use Trust because I have been getting outgunned with it on the regular while challenging with my Recluse.  It is total bullshit.  If it were me challenging a Recluse with a Trust, I'd get melted instantly.

Yeah somehow Trust went from garbage to being as good as, if not better than, Luna's Howl. Not sure what the fuck happened there.

So I did a couple of matches of Freelance and it was tough getting matches.

So I said "Okay - I will just do regular Survival"

And of course, immediately go against a 3 stack where every single person on that team was running a douchebag loadout.

We won 4-2

I want a million points for that win