DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I did one run through the forest then did one Crucible match and one Gambit match with a mask on for those bounties. I then remembered that I am working from home today so I stopped playing and decided to watch some TV.

Good to know the forest has its usual bullshit of "Glass and Blackout and the Unstoppable Knight is standing at the door when you open it to instantly wipe your entire team"

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm sure the scene from logging in after today's reset will totally give JT a new trust in Eris.

DO NOT TRUST~!

I am sad because the cutscene loaded really fast and I did not have time to record it.

I finished up the Omar Agah quest for Eris's Luna Memory line.  The sniper rifle or bow Precision Kills on yellow bars part was a pain in the ass.   I finally cracked the code and just hung around Mars for people doing EPs and I whooped out the Leviathan's Breath and one shotted most of the yellow bar Acolytes, Thralls, and Knights.

The nine billion pieces of Candy on the ground and the 2 Chocolate Strange Coins we earned after every successful wave was a bonus.

The Altar of Sorrow is pretty much Escalation Protocol:  Nightmare Edition.  I was in a team that made it to the final Nightmare but we kept running out of time. 

Literally you'd have to have every player in the zone pitch in and they'd all have to be 900 in order to swiftly dispatch enemies and save clock. 

All of the yellow bar enemies are VERY tanky.

I've completed all of the waves for that new Altar of Sorrow quest.  Now I have to be lucky enough to be on the moon with a team of assbeating guardians that can get me past the final encounter so that I can open that Tier 3+ Chest.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Apparently weapons and armor now take on the icon of whatever ornaments you have on.

Yep. I was totally fucked up when I couldn't find my Dreambane Armor and figured out that the ornaments were on the icons rather than the base armor.  A nice cosmetic feature, but the original way didn't really bother me.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did one run through the forest then did one Crucible match and one Gambit match with a mask on for those bounties. I then remembered that I am working from home today so I stopped playing and decided to watch some TV.

Good to know the forest has its usual bullshit of "Glass and Blackout and the Unstoppable Knight is standing at the door when you open it to instantly wipe your entire team"

My fireteam of randos made it to Branch 6 before we stalled. Making it to Branch 9 to beat that WC is going to be a trial.

Just so you know, I think the devs amped up the AoE of the Knight's ground smash so even if you go old school and jump on a pillar to avoid it, it's possible you may still die when the Knight slams its axe into the dirt. 

I think the fucking thing can also jump now, but that might've been me hallucinating things out of blind panic.

Speaking of this holiday event and the bullshit therein as I predicted the fucking Werewolf is a Precision Frame 400-ish RPM auto as if there weren't enough of those in the Kinetic slot.  The base model has decent PvE perks.  I personally wouldn't use Multikill Clip in the Crucible, but your mileage may vary. 

That thing would have to have Under Pressure / Zen Moment tied with Rampage / HIRs for me to take it into PvP and even then, I'd probably get outgunned by most pulse rifles and anything PvP Pinnacle or PvP Ritual.

I also noticed that the fucking devs are making us clear the mask triumph first before we can buy the rifle.  They're not letting us stack currency and buy the weapon outright like they did with the Horror Story.

I unlocked the triumphs for buying the Grab Bag and the Epic Grab Bag with my Mars EP and for earning 1K pieces of Candy.  I don't remember which triumph unlocked the pumpkin emblem, but I liked last year's Festival emblem better.

The Trick 'R Treat quest is fun.  When Eris gave me raisins, I had to laugh and just when I thought that her treat was the worst, fucking Asher Mir gave me a stalk of celery.  ON TO MERCURY~!!!  FUCK~!!!

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Don't forget to visit Amanda. Poor poor forgotten vendor.

I did not forget Amanda, but I will bet that most people forgot to talk to Ada-1 and the Emperor's frame.

Xbox One players can now do the PS4 exclusive strike, The Festering Core.

Also, the Exotic quest for the Xenophage machine gun is active, but I have no clue how to start it.

I have not bothered to run it yet since every time I pull it. my fireteam is halfway through the map so I just quit out because I've missed all the dialogue.

Oh, and if you are doing the Trick R' Treat quest, you will not get a treat aka a new quest marker unless you're wearing your mask when you're talking to the vendor.

Edited by J.T.

I am wear my mask and the quest marker isn't updating (the quest is progressing so I am not worried) so it might be a glitch.

Let me phrase it this way -  I am not toggling "show helmet" on just to get a quest marker

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am wear my mask and the quest marker isn't updating (the quest is progressing so I am not worried) so it might be a glitch.

Let me phrase it this way -  I am not toggling "show helmet" on just to get a quest marker

I think you're good as long as your active helmet is your mask.  Technically it's "on" even if you have ":helmet off."

I think the Secret Triumph is for making it past Branch 7 in the Haunted Forest.  There is an emblem you receive for making it that far.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that the end reward for the Trick R' Treat quest is the toothbrush consumable we need to use to unlock that Brilliant Smile triumph.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I think the Secret Triumph is for making it past Branch 7 in the Haunted Forest.  There is an emblem you receive for making it that far.

Branch 7 was the triumph the last time.

I assume its 9 this time since that is what you need this time. (I also know its know its not 7 this time because I cleared 7 last night)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Branch 7 was the triumph the last time.

I assume its 9 this time since that is what you need this time. (I also know its know its not 7 this time because I cleared 7 last night)

That sucks.

The Secret Triumph may be the No Pressure triumph associated with the Tire Game that is now active on the moon.

I will experiment tonight.

Edited by J.T.

Fuck.  I'm all out of ideas.

On the plus side, there is still a glitch in the game where you can get the No Pressure triumph if you are standing very close to the player that actually gets through the activity.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Altar of Sorrow is pretty much Escalation Protocol:  Nightmare Edition.  I was in a team that made it to the final Nightmare but we kept running out of time. 

Literally you'd have to have every player in the zone pitch in and they'd all have to be 900 in order to swiftly dispatch enemies and save clock. 

I've completed all of the waves for that new Altar of Sorrow quest.  Now I have to be lucky enough to be on the moon with a team of assbeating guardians that can get me past the final encounter so that I can open that Tier 3+ Chest.

Did this last night. Surprisingly we only failed the final encounter once. Maybe its just having new faces on enemies and semi-freshness, but I kind of like Altars more than EP. 

The yellow bar enemies were weird. Many were tanky, but a few got wiped by me way more easily than expected. I would say it was just the power of team work, but I was on my own several of those times.

Yeah, there absolutely needs to be a minimum of six Guardians to make this thing work. There are a shit ton of adds with objective spread across the map. I'm at 997 candy because of my run last night which easily netted me 600-700 candy.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I like the change for weapons. It can definitely be a confusing addition for armor though I don;t outright hate it.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Don't forget to visit Amanda. Poor poor forgotten vendor.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I did not forget Amanda, but I will bet that most people forgot to talk to Ada-1 and the Emperor's frame.

I haven't gotten to Amanda yet, but I did get to Ada-1 just out of curiosity on how far the Festival decorations spread. Meanwhile I totally forgot about the Emperor's Frame.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Xbox One players can now do the PS4 exclusive strike, The Festering Core.

I take it this is a rare one for the vanguard playlist because I have never had this one. How long has it been around?

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Also, the Exotic quest for the Xenophage machine gun is active, but I have no clue how to start it.

Go to the are where you meet Eris for the weekly story quests about her deceased teammates. Activate the four altars in the room and a second chest with the quest should appear.

Keep forgetting to mention that I do now have the Recluse. Completed the quest steps on the weekend though for some reason it didn't fully acknowledge/activate until I logged in the next day. That thing is wonderful for PvE and may be one of my new goto weapons.

Also the changes in Crucible do seem to be working since I've been getting matched up with players in Comp that are definitely more my level. Not losing nearly as often as I was before and games are much closer as well, win or lose..

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I take it this is a rare one for the vanguard playlist because I have never had this one. How long has it been around?

Festering Core was added to the Strike Playlist with the Festival of the Lost update that happened yesterday.  It's brand new to Xbox users.

Keep forgetting to mention that I do now have the Recluse. Completed the quest steps on the weekend though for some reason it didn't fully acknowledge/activate until I logged in the next day. That thing is wonderful for PvE and may be one of my new goto weapons.

Congratulations, man!  Getting to Fabled Glory is a bit of an ordeal so good on you for keeping your eyes on the prize.

And yeah, even with the PvE nerf it still mows down PvE mobs.  I love that gun.

Also the changes in Crucible do seem to be working since I've been getting matched up with players in Comp that are definitely more my level. Not losing nearly as often as I was before and games are much closer as well, win or lose..

I'll be hitting up Freelance pretty soon.  I'm up to 75% scout rifle kills for the RTK so it's about time to start earning Glory.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Festering Core was added to the Strike Playlist with the Festival of the Lost update that happened yesterday.  It's brand new to Xbox users.

I've never seen it before even as a PS4 user.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'll be hitting up Freelance pretty soon.  I'm up to 75% scout rifle kills for the RTK so it's about time to start earning Glory.

Why is it the weapon I'm least likely use in the one with the most damn kills necessary? I'm only at 46% kills. Meanwhile I finished the kills for Exit Strategy weeks ago and am at 92% kills for Edgewise. I feel like I should at least be a good 20% more ahead after all of that damn IB.

Edited by Eivion

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:
I've never seen it before even as a PS4 user.

It only dropped with Shadowkeep so unless you have been spamming strikes it is entirely possible you just didn't get it yet.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It only dropped with Shadowkeep so unless you have been spamming strikes it is entirely possible you just didn't get it yet.

That is a good point. I have been doing less strikes do the sheer amount of material from Shadow Keep and the latest season combined. Much of my attention is taken up by Nightfall the Ordeal as far as the vanguard goes. 

Randos need to get their asses in gear and get me to that Altar chest.  I really want a Blasphemer shotgun.

I spent last night's gaming time doing the Brush Yo Teeth quest.  Now that goddamned Used Toothbrush will sit in my inventory forever with my ramen noodle coupon.  Another event triumph unlocked.   

I also bought another mask with my CSCs so only the Drifter mask is left in Eva's vendor inventory.

Gonna grind the Haunted Forest tonight and pray that some team that isn't fucking around can help me get to Branch 9.

The Verdant Forest spoiled me.  I forgot how crappy the lighting was in the Haunted Forest.  

Case in point:

During my run the day before yesterday, some poor bastard running Arsctaff dashed right off of the edge while trying to generate orbs for our fireteam.   If you're running a roaming super, watch your step because you can barely see the ground under your feet..

Edited by J.T.

Funnily - I worked backwards on the masks as I bought the most expensive one (Drifter) first and then went back.

So I only have the cheap 10 coin one left

Petra is my next stop on the Toothbrush quest

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Funnily - I worked backwards on the masks as I bought the most expensive one (Drifter) first and then went back.

So I only have the cheap 10 coin one left

Petra is my next stop on the Toothbrush quest

The coins are not hard to come by,  They are almost as easy to horde as Candy. 

I knocked out local vendor bounties for extra materials while grinding the Tooth Brush quest steps, so I was always running patrols or PEs and the coins would just drop into my pocket.

Truth be told, I'm not even wearing any of the new masks for this event.

Newbie players keep PMing me about my Emperor Calus mask.

Edited by J.T.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Truth be told, I'm not even wearing any of the new masks for this event.

Newbie players keep PMing me about my Emperor Calus mask.

Technically there is one just one mask - you are just wearing different Ornaments for it.

BTW - last night was the night I realized that all my old masks had been removed from my inventory and converted to ornaments

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - last night was the night I realized that all my old masks had been removed from my inventory and converted to ornaments

You are such a hoarder.

I shredded those things a long time ago.  They're considered to be cosmetic items so they would've been rendered useless this season anyway.

• Like 1

I kept them because I liked them and didn't think they would give me bright dust.

I still enjoy that you think three years later Bungie is going to do something with the ramen ticket.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I still enjoy that you think three years later Bungie is going to do something with the ramen ticket.

I am paranoid like that.  Don't come bitching to me when it becomes a vital Easter Egg clue.

Speaking of Easter Eggs, the Tire Game can eat a bag of shit.  I've gotten as many as two tires in the center crater on a number of tries but the last tire always takes a bad bounce.  The fix is fucking in.

Why are these Easter Eggs so annoying?   I haven't been this angry about D2 since the Floor Is Lava challenge in the Tower and I have run Leviathan dozens of times and have never gotten the Loot-A-Palooza key. 

I haven't even been on a raid team where somebody in our unit got the key.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am paranoid like that.  Don't come bitching to me when it becomes a vital Easter Egg clue.

With the introduction of New Light - there is a 0% they do anything with stuff like that with out just handing players the item they need.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

With the introduction of New Light - there is a 0% they do anything with stuff like that with out just handing players the item they need.

Who says that New Light characters will be able to participate?  Where is the incentive to get a season pass if Bungie allows free players to do everything that paying players can?

Shrimping loot isn't enough.  If I have access to raids and shit, I really wouldn't give a crap about some Exotic weapon quest I won't get because I'm not a premium member.

You have to do something painful like limiting access to activities or maybe even cordon off an entire planet.

Edited by J.T.