DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

From what I read - the medal part of RTK is a combination of poorly worded description and being somewhat bugged

People have basically discovered that the only medals that count are basically multikill ones and streaks.

Then the bugged part is that it doesn't seem to update in real time. Like say you will get a bunch of medals but it will only go up 1%

But then the next match you do shit only get one medal but it will jump up like 5% (so a little like how sometimes you have to load another match to get triumphs or rank rewards)

It seems that the most common practice people are/were using was trying to get Cold Fusion kills

I know my split is like 10% right now (roughly 70% on my scout rifle kills but only 60% on the medals)

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

People have basically discovered that the only medals that count are basically multikill ones and streaks.

Well, that explains why I got credit for my Annihilation and Undertaker medals since technically they're both killstreak medals albeit specialized ones.

You know that an Annihilation medal is for wiping the entire enemy team by yourself before anyone can respawn (3 killstreak in Freelance) and the Undertaker medal is for landing 3 KO's as the Last Guardian Standing (also a 3 killstreak).

The interesting thing about Survival is that you don't necessarily have to get those medals in conjunction with Triple Downs since once a team is out of lives, there are no respawns after a KO.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and Shazam! debuted on HBO this weekend.  I finally got to watch it and did not realize that it is set during Christmas.  

I think the family-centric theme of the movie makes it somewhat appropriate for review.

Edited by J.T.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, and Shazam! debuted on HBO this weekend.  I finally got to watch it and did not realize that it is set during Christmas.  

I think the family-centric theme of the movie makes it somewhat appropriate for review.

I take it this wasn't meant for this thread?

Did some Crucible to get the weekly bounty and glory protection. That one didn't go too well with no wins. The IB I did afterward went a little better around 50/50. That said I was probably the lower tier in most of those. 

The high point of this run was somewhat surprising. I started off a match on my own against a full team and somehow managed not to die more than twice before a full team came in to finally even the odds. I think I took 6-7 people by the time people properly joined. Managed to get the win and a Suros Regime catalyst as a reward.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It’s making me giggle though

I was tired, you assholes. It was late.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ugh... this season is gonna suck

Stupid Mercury

No if it were on Stupid Mars it would suck.

Being a Hunter, I have no idea why the most exciting thing about this DLC to me is saving Saint-14.  I wonder if we're going to get 2.0 versions of the Prophesy Weapons?  Perfect Paradox 2.0 will become Crucible meta in no time flat.

I am stoked for the return of the Rusted Lands map.  Some of my best D1 matches were on that map.

I was sorta hoping that the return of Osiris to the storyline would not coincide with the return of the Trials of Osiris.  I hoped in vain, but it's good to see that the Vex Incursion meta may transcend seasons.  Ikora says her portal is operational and we've been beating down the Undying Mind for a week now, but the welders are still on site.

It'll be interesting to see what the portal looks like when it's finally constructed. Maybe that happens on launch day next Tuesday?

Edited by J.T.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, RIPPA said:

BTW - the fact that the Tangled Shore is going to be the Flashpoint for a 2nd straight week sure leads me to believe that the data miners were right and we will finally be able to do something with this fucking toothbrush

Nope.  Flashpoint is on Io this week and as far as I can tell, Spider has no dialogue concerning the toothbrush and neither does Asher.

Edited by J.T.

That's weird because the pop-up message was all FLASHPOINT ON TANGLED SHORE~!

I am assuming someone just forgot to change the message since they were all giddy for the holiday

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

That's weird because the pop-up message was all FLASHPOINT ON TANGLED SHORE~!

I am assuming someone just forgot to change the message since they were all giddy for the holiday

You are not on drugs.  I also saw the Tangled Shore Flashpoint pop-up after the Friday reset.

I think Rippa is not well.  I thought for sure that he'd mark like a schoolgirl over that headbutt finisher.

Next season's artifact will be the Lantern of Osiris and it looks like it will focus on scout rifles, sidearms, and Solar abilities to coincide with the new Exotic scout rifle (Symmetry) and Sidearm (as yet unnamed) in addition to whatever that SMG or Auto-Rifle looking thingie is.

I haven't been able to find any info on new Ritual Weapons.   I feel like I just got mine and now I have to start grinding all over again.

It also looks like we'll finally be able to ride Sparrows on Mercury!

Edited by J.T.

I need to do one more Ordeal as that should be enough scoring to finish up First Watch.

Finished the Solar kills part of Luna's Howl so three Rumble matches will be done this AM. I had planned on waiting to next season to start the precision HC kills but with bonus Glory this week, I might be able to sneak in a reset before next week. Which would be amazing considering how late into the season I started doing comp.

Then it is just grinding RTK

Just had one of the more amusing Rumble matches ever.

It was me and another guy and 4 AFK folks.

So it literally was the two of us racing around trying to kill the AFK folks as quick as possible

Looking at the reveal:

• multiple finishers can be equipped 
  • scout/pulse rifles and bows are the artifact focused weapons
  • new mods for Season of Dawn armor are useful everywhere instead of just a specific activity/enemy like nightmare hunts
  • pre-made fireteams are needed for the hard mode of Sundial
  • Haha 1

Eivion hated my earlier post. 

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Then it is just grinding RTK

Not to freak you out, but it took me nearly the entire season to get the scout rifle kills and I play more often than you do.  Just sayin'.

You will love the RTK once you get your hands on it.   I had a 33 Kill / 11.0 ER match today with the damned thing today so I can't imagine that it will survive the new season without a nerf to the fire rate and if that happens, the gun will lose the thing that makes it worth grinding for.. 

As long as you realize that it's more of a mid-range, high ROF marksman's rifle rather than a true long range scout rifle, you'll be fine.

If you start trying to trade long range shots with a Jade Rabbit, a MIDA, or even a Nameless Midnight with decent PvP perks, you'll die almost every time.

Perk wise, I'm getting the best results from Rapid Hit / Kill Clip and a Targeting Adjuster mod to cheat precision kill accuracy.

And I highly recommend min-max on your armor mods if you want to get the best out of the rifle.   Precision Weapon Targeting and Rifle Loading mods are nearly a must.

Edited by J.T.

I have been grinding RTK the entire season so its not as if I am just starting

I am like 77% scout kills. Its the stupid medals that are only in like the mid 60s

I am more pissed that I will never finish First Watch because arc ability kills while doing Savathun's Song is a pain in the ass

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I am like 77% scout kills. Its the stupid medals that are only in like the mid 60s

It will take you a while to get that done, but at least you can use your Luna for medals once you're done with scout rifle kills.   Medals is just PvP grinding.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am more pissed that I will never finish First Watch because arc ability kills while doing Savathun's Song is a pain in the ass

?

You should be a trash mob clearing wrecking ball with Bottom Tree Striker. 

Just run the Adept level Ordeal Nightfalls, pop your Super on anything that moves, and be a dick because your fireteam is going to "help" you and that will lower your kill count.

It took me a couple of days of misery before I figured out that only Ordeal Nightfalls count towards that progress.

I have to be doing Ordeal anyway since I need the scoring. That at least - when this quest step started - was over 50% already.

The arc abilities was at zero. I am basically averaging 6% a strike

So tedious

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Eivion hated my earlier post. 

You only got scout rifles right. Sidearms are meaningless this season except for maybe the exotic coming later. They mentioned focusing on long range weapons this time around. Besides I was talking about the little half hour reveal they did today. You were right about sparrows on Mercury now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I'm at 90% something kills. In the 30s for medals. RTK is going to take me forever to finish.

I finished mine up right before the reset. arc ability kills are annoying to do in general, at least for Hunters. No idea how it is for Warlocks and Titans.

• Like 1