DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

In comparison to the one other Shadow Broker we know of?

It is still true

I mean just off the top of my head, the following people know she is the Shadow Broker

Shepard

Garrus

Tali

Ashley

James

Javik

EDI

Joker

Wrex

Illusive Man

Feron

Matriarch Aethyta

One could argue that everyone from ME2 knows plus all the people the Illusive Man has clearly told. And I am fairly sure that all the Matriarch's know - not just Aethyta. 

Pretty secretive Shadow Broker

EDIT - OH! Clearly Traynor and pretty much anyone else on the Normandy since it's not like she has a secret compartment she hid all her equipment.

What it is weird is that Liara says "I can find your last name..." but we already know she knows it since it was in Jack's Dossier.

Actually we don't know because Jacqueline Nought is probably an alias!

Nought = Naught = Zero.

I bring Liara every time and never get it.

Yeah - I am 0-3 so far

And in the Holy Shit! Department - I never knew that if you don't go to Grissom Academy before Citadel II

Jack is captured by Cerberus and is converted into a Phantom who you have to fight when attacking the Cerberus base

I bring Liara every time and never get it.

Yeah - I am 0-3 so far

And in the Holy Shit! Department - I never knew that if you don't go to Grissom Academy before Citadel II

Jack is captured by Cerberus and is converted into a Phantom who you have to fight when attacking the Cerberus base

Doesn't Morinth become a Banshee you run into during the final battle on Earth through some turn of events, too?

You guys should see what happens in ME3 if you sell Legion to Cereberus in ME2.....

Is that where

you don't have the option to broker peace between the Geth and the Quarians and you run into Legion reprogrammed to act as a Nemesis unit when you attack the Cerberus Base?

All it does is name the banshee you face on the roof in London.

That is the same thing in the other case too - though in that one Shepard and EDI exchange dialogue too

Except Phantom!Jack does speak.

Through Act I and the Battle of the Citadel

There really is a lot more depth playing as FemShep. I really really really enjoyed Eve and Shepard basically being all "yeah - we are showing that females can wreak shit up." Of course - it made the stuff with Thane even sadder.

OH! Speaking of girl power. So when I was running around the Citadel after the battle, one of the news reports was about how "Ashley Williams - the second human spectre..." So I thought "How great is it that the first two spectres where female." But then I thought "HOW THE FUCK IS ASHLEY THE SECOND???" I mean Shepard turned out amazing, plus if you save the council in the first game everyone is pro-human. Are you telling me there wasn't a single other worthy person in C-Sec ready to be a spectre??? Two and a half fucking years and the 2nd person is Ashley... who often is one of the dumber characters in the series.

OH! OH! Speaking of news reports. I have always forgotten to mention how great it is that Khalisah al-Jilani gets her head out of her ass and steps the fuck up during the Battle of the Citadel. Making sure to broadcast to try and rally C-Sec during the chaos. I am happy I never punched her in the face.

The "boss" battle on Tuchunka really is trivial as an Infiltrator as I just Tact Cloaked past everything (See JT - I will us Tactical Cloak when necessary)

I am so happy I took the advice I saw that suggested taking the Particle Rifle when you meet up with Grunt. Not having to rely on the Firestorm and blowing shit up from a distance made life so much less aggravating.

God - Shepard acting like he doesn't know Ereba or Charr fucking infuriates me (though the precedent had been set in the last game over Shepard not remembering people he interacted with). Maybe it is the coping mechanism used consider the number of times Shepard has to tell a loved one that someone is dead.

Having to do the mission on Noveria fucked me up a little bit because I am so used to the new version of Firebase White that not having the back stairwells messed with my head.

Accidentally started a romance with Traynor which was amusing just for the five minute rant it sent my wife off on about how stupid it was that Traynor took a shower with her underwear on.

Yeah, I was quite happy to hear Khalisah ratting out Cerberus positions over the vid feed to C-Sec.

I am on 4 - Midnight until the 11th of December.  We may be able to get in a few more multiplayer matches before you hit endgame.

In a perfect world I will finish next weekend.

Of course - the DLC adds significant length to the game... especially The Citadel

I definitely will finish before Christmas as I am assuming that by the time i get back from NY, I will have 2 or 3 games to play

I will be on sometimes in the early afternoons this week. I need to commit some virtual murders to cheer me up from having to be the emotional anchor during my girlfriend's grandmother's funeral and the Ravens snatching victory from the jaws of my Steelers on Thanksgiving.

The more I play ME3 - the more I realize how they really really want you to believe that the Yahg will be the main enemy of the next series.

I mean they go out of the way to remind you that the Reapers don't wipe out everyone AND that they aren't going near Yahg space and how the Yahg are about to achieve space flight.

Plus they are already enemies of the Council and being a violent race already gives them a backstage to be evil.

I'm hoping I can ally up with the Yahg (and Batarians, Krogan, and Vorcha) and overthrow the council.

Actually, I started typing that as joke, but that would actually be a badass game. Throw in making alliances with different merc groups on Omega and have a climax where you invade the Citadel. Holy shit, I'm exciting myself.

You can play as a former Spectre. The Council pinned a tragedy on you because they need a scapegoat. They relinquished you Spectre status and banned you from Council space.

Mass Effect: The Galaxy's Unwanted

Mass Effect: A Gang of Scoundrels and Rogues

The more I play ME3 - the more I realize how they really really want you to believe that the Yahg will be the main enemy of the next series.

I mean they go out of the way to remind you that the Reapers don't wipe out everyone AND that they aren't going near Yahg space and how the Yahg are about to achieve space flight.

Plus they are already enemies of the Council and being a violent race already gives them a backstage to be evil.

I've viewed the most likely ME4 scenario as the Yahg against a crippled galaxy still recovering from the Reapers, leading to a unified military force and expansion of the council to include the Quarians, Krogan, Volus, and Geth.