DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

But did you get GTA V for xmas?

I got a Gamestop gift card which will be used to purchase GTA V when I get back to VA (the only actual video game I got was Arkham Origins)

I have been buying a bunch of Veteran packs to top off the few random weapons that weren't at Level X yet in the hopes that it would allow me to finally unlock the Typhoon and Lancer in PSPs but alas no.

Finished off the Volus Merc so now I just have to finish the Valkyrie and the Quarian Marksman and I honestly think I will never ever do the Quarian Marksman

Despite getting GTA V - I am still playing this regularly (partly because I can't play GTA V when my son is around).

I was talking with JT and I think we need to still designate one night ME3 multiplayer night. I think I am giving up on Impact so that pretty much frees up any night that isn't Monday.

Finished up the Valkyrie so the only character I don't have 200 waves with is the Quarian Marksman. A character I hate with the passion of a 1000 burning suns.

BTW - I was looking at my account on the N7 HQ and I had played over 680 hours and I felt bad. Then I saw that JT had played 986 hours and I felt better about myself.

Based on the way things have gone in the past - I think Wednesday will probably be the group ME3 night since that seemed to be the one day at least 4 of us were on.

I enjoyed getting my murder on last night. 

My not quite so ex but not really back on girlfriend called me this morning and we both agreed to give couples counseling a try.  I am forgiving and dumb.

A solid 5 years since ME2 came out: Just discovered the Tupari advertisement. Can't Stop Laughing.

"I knew a man who went three days without a Tupari Sports Drink. He got hit by a shuttle"

"Tupari brings your ancestors back from the grave"

"Nine out of ten Tupari Drinkers recommend Tupari to there friends! The last one is on my list"

My not quite so ex but not really back on girlfriend called me this morning and we both agreed to give couples counseling a try.  I am forgiving and dumb.

Welp - I am always up for ME3 so just let me know when you will need to shoot things in the face again.

Welp - I am always up for ME3 so just let me know when you will need to shoot things in the face again.

That is like almost every afternoon.  I've got my kid this weekend so I should be in a much better mood.

Out of curiosity, I've got all the DLC for ME2 and I'm trying to figure out when is a logical place to do them. I'm getting ready to hit the Collecters abandoned ship, and trying to "order' my playthrough after this.

I got Firewalker, Overlord, Shadow Broker, and Arrival. Arrival obviously goes last, maybe even after the suicide mission.

EDIT: WHEN THE FUCK DID MAKE SCANNING IN ME2 SO FAST! God dammit, I put HOURS into this shit every play through, and they made it faster how damn long ago? FUCK!

Outside of doing Arrival last... there isn't really an order. Arrival is really the only DLC that seems to have an "obvious" place in the story.

When I normally do my play through - I have already done Firewalker and Overlord by the point you are at. Firewalker I always have done before the Attack on the Citadel.

I have done Lair of the Shadow Broker all over. I tend to do it as soon as I finished up everything up on Illium (since Liara leaves her desk so stuff becomes uncompletable) just to have access to all the goodies. Looking online - that seems to be a popular method. LOTSB as soon as it becomes available do it because of the rewards.

Some folks wait to do Overlord until after the Suicide Mission because they like to bring Legion along.

I attempted to get back into ME1 yesterday. I keep getting destroyed by Geth on Artemis Tau after I run into Liara and try to free her. Granted, I only tried a couple of times before I realized how late it was.

There is part of me that loves seeing folks just starting up in the multiplayer. God Bless them.

I especially chuckle when they are throwing out panic rockets on Bronze levels because I remember being that guy... God... basically two years ago.

Lair of the Shadow Broker: Most satisfying DLC that I've ever played. I wish I had a Liara romance playthrough ready to go just to see what it was like with that.

You sleep with her when you invite her back to the ship. Then the night before the Relay, you look at her picture.

There is part of me that loves seeing folks just starting up in the multiplayer. God Bless them.

I especially chuckle when they are throwing out panic rockets on Bronze levels because I remember being that guy... God... basically two years ago.

Oh, the days when we hated doing Targets and a Bronze extraction was something to be celebrated.

I think we could do Gold regularly if we really really tried, but there is something to be said about Silver matches that barely last twenty minutes.

Yeah - I much rather just constantly crank out Silver matches which we know are going to be successful as opposed to Gold matches which are dicey (and only certain characters are effective)

Finished Commando mastery again last night so I can stop fucking using the Disciple again. Time to clean up the last 6% of melees I need to finish Combat mastery for a 4th??? time

Yeah, I can succeed on Silver regardless of the character I play or the build.  If we did Gold more frequently, I'd have to be concerned with picking just the right character and power evolution and I'd neve ever play a Vanguard, an Adept, or anything terribly squishy.

Oh - I meant to mention this the other day and it isn't about ME3 per se just that it happened while I was playing.

I got dropped into a session with two Brits and for whatever reason they started talking about US geography (I hadn't said anything so it's not like I prompted them). Which turned into the one dude trying to pronounce Canada.

God I haven't laughed that hard in awhile

UK players are the best in ME3.  I got put into a match with a couple of psychotic Irish guys in a Gold match who were absolutely fearless.  When UK players are amped up or in a blind panic, you have no idea what they are saying.