DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Yeah - you bastards getting the gold chest without me was not cool

And if we end up doing the Level 5 mission tonight (The Warmind), I will be using the guide so we will score on another two Gold Loot Chests, IIRC.

Finished Horizon last night. Figured I will either get Tali or do Lair of the Shadow Broker next.

So are Palladium and Iridium worth much? Its seems like I use them the last (170,000+ each) while I'm always as needing Platinum or eezo for weapons/armor upgrades.

All of the minerals are important, but their usage will depend on what mods you research / find during missions or can afford to buy.  

You need to have a steady supply of Iridium handy to make sure that you can build new Heavy Weapons as soon as you successfully research them and Palladium is key to increasing your shield capacity, improving shield durability, and upgrading Shep's cybernetics.

Which brings up another point.  EXPLORE ALL AREAS OF THE MAP~!  You cannot return to re-do missions unless you load an old save, so if you miss available mods or credits, you cannot return back to reclaim them. 

Nothing sucks more than finishing a mission, looking at some guide, and discovering that you missed free mods or credits.

Good to know. I unfortunately have missed out on some credits, but I believe I haven't missed any mods thus far. I've been playing rpgs for years so its pretty much ingrained into me to explore everything I can. Is there no way to get credits but missions?

Did Lair of the Shadow Broker last night. Dug the Shadow Broker mission a good deal though the Tela Vasir fight was a pain in the ass. It was nice gettign some background on Liara during the time skip and how Cerberus came to have Shepard's body. I also love the files on the important characters of the in the game.

Picked up Tali today. Heard about the Geth Pulse Rifle so I went ahead and played on Hardcore. Wasn't quite as bad as I expected though the fight with the Colossus got on my damn nerves.

Not sure which mission I will do next. It will either be picking up Thane, Samara, or doing Zaeed's Loyalty mission. Before any of that though I figure I will do something exploring and try finish some assignments.

Any suggestions on when to do Firewalker and Overlord?

As far as Zaeed's loyalty goes, if you're a paragon I suggest waiting until doing other missions first, as you need a lot of paragon points to gain his loyalty at the crucial moment.

Good to know, thanks. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

But don't be a paragon.

Why? I generally lean towards the Paragon options.

So have now got the following.

Justicar

Assassin

Doctor

Thief (loyal, really fun mission)

Jacob (loyal)

Archangel

Warlord

Psycho

Miranda

Met up with Wifey on Ilium and possibly off to her apartment to hitup the LotSB sidequest.

I still need to get the engineer (has to be Tali, right?)

This game is a hell of a lot of fun.

tell me, would i need to upgrade the ship with the tech upgrades in order to survive the coming missions, or is that completely optional?

I remember I didn't upgrade something on the ship and lost the Doctor and my secretary. It was an accident on my part but I felt it added something to my story so I was okay with it. Also, pretty sure I didn't complete Zaeed's loyalty mission as I didn't like him much and didn't agree with what he was asking me to do

Well, you don't *need* to upgrade the ship to do the endgame, but not doing so makes the endgame harder than it has to be, and sticks you with only one ending.

Far as Paragon vs. Renegade, 

Yeah, Fresh just likes Rnegade and wants everyone to play.  Honestly, you can do one or the other, but you can only get every crew member loyal if you're at 3/4 of the bar one or the other.  You need to unlock the level 3 choices to get every crew loyal.

And be careful on a couple Loyalty missions.  I screwed up Thane's because I got disoriented and failed it.  Didn't cost me in the end, but I had to be a little more wary of my choices when I got to the endgame.

Well, you don't *need* to upgrade the ship to do the endgame, but not doing so makes the endgame harder than it has to be, and sticks you with only one ending.

Upgrading the ship is not a requirement but IMO if you want to maximize your metagame gameplay experience in ME3, it is in your best interest to make sure that no man is left behind.

But don't be a paragon.

The good guys have less fun and never get the girl.

That's not what Ashley said, bro.

Or Miranda.

Or Liara.

Or Tali...

Can you enlighten me via spoiler tags?

The thing with Mass Effect is, I found that I have trouble making decisions I wouldn't make in real life. I'm sure someone could make a good essay out of that for university, it's a psychological problem.

But don't be a paragon.

The good guys have less fun and never get the girl.

That's not what Ashley said, bro.

Or Miranda.

Or Liara.

Or Tali...

Or Jack (I dig crazy chicks)

As I mentioned in the all encompassing thread I moved my PS3 to the hotel the railroad puts us up in. I got the trilogy right as it came out for the PS3 but did not get far before other interests led me away from it. My last trip up here I started a new game as Brisco Shepard a complete white meat babyface and got to the quest where I am given my ship.

This trip I got my ship and beat the giant worm creature close to the beacon and now in the process of raiding a refinery for information about the geth activities.

I had no problem with Miranda or Ashley as a Renegade. As far as the others? Alien scum.

I find Tali a good deal more likable than either.

Can you enlighten me via spoiler tags?

The thing with Mass Effect is, I found that I have trouble making decisions I wouldn't make in real life. I'm sure someone could make a good essay out of that for university, it's a psychological problem.

That is how its been for me as well so far.