DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

May 1985 WWF All-Star Wrestling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDAKUBQQ4FA

Matt Borne is teaming with a job guy against Tito and JYD! We see Muraco, Steamboat, Bob Orton, David Sammartino, and the US Express in action! Freddie Miller is still employed by the WWF and is doing interviews for house shows in Worcester! Sheik and Volkoff are on the Body Shop! Jesse says "Allah Akbar" to the Sheik! The on-screen chyron guy keeps fucking up on the intros! David Sammartino's armdrags are still ridiculously violent looking and he does one every 30 seconds! They insist on referring to a belly to belly suplex as a "Body to Body" suplex, which would be a solid name for a Belly to Belly done by a really fit heel! Ted Grizzly looks like a guy who would have a long feud with Cousin Junior in rural Tennessee! Mike Rotundo has to figure out a finish after Ted Grizzly goes down like a bag of fat! Jesse puts in a varying amount of effort reacting to the announcement of names during the intros/outros

• Like 2

Watching a March 86 Boston Garden show. Gorilla and Alfred calling the two joshi tags was an experience. Alfred said “that is one ugly woman” about Dump. 

show also has a steamboat v Bret singles match. 

• Like 1

yeah there's a real turf war sort of mentality from the commentators in the womens match to try and downplay how much the Japanese womens wrestlers smoked the hell out of the womens wrestling that WWF fans were used to

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

watching some 1981 Florida, where Gordon heaps some praise on referee Bill Alfonso, who is also licensed to referee boxing and karate. Also, I remember the whole "Bill Alfonso is thought to be related to Dave Sierra" thing, which isn't actually true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItscY59iJP8

also, some car guy in Vero Beach just dropped his entire advertising budget on Wrestling

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

https://youtu.be/TSDQZgOH9SM?si=wzjkvO4ziQgjIDfQ

Episode one of the short lived Mississippi Championship Wrestling TV show. Feb and March of 2011 this show aired at 6am on FOX 40 out of Jackson MS.

Was suppose to be weekly,in 2 months 4 episodes aired.

Asked around seems I am the only one that had copies of this still. I happened to record each episode to a dvd-r as it was airing.

So ripped those DVD-rs and uploaded with the ads episode 1.

PorkChop Cash is the only name on this. But there is a pile of modern MS indie legends on the show.

The other 3 episodes of this short lived TV show will be up on youtube over the next few weeks.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Especially love Flair on the outside losing his mind as Robinson gets slammed or does the flop. 

Robinson sorta did the flop like if Ric Flair was falling off a cliff. Sorta the fusion of Ric Flair and Wile E. Coyote.

I don’t remember if I’ve ever seen the full match but George looked like she was in the right places at the right times to work this match (did Savage make his midlife crisis girlfriend memorize the match spots?) and I’m assuming she never looked that good as a wrestler ever again. I had to avoid typing “looked that good ever again” because we know damn well that’s not true.

edit: wait, a Ric Flair tribute act where he does the Figure Four differently than Flair? I’m guessing they decided the usual spinning toe hold setup wasn’t gonna work for some reason?

Edited by Cobra Commander

17 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

https://youtu.be/TSDQZgOH9SM?si=wzjkvO4ziQgjIDfQ

Episode one of the short lived Mississippi Championship Wrestling TV show. Feb and March of 2011 this show aired at 6am on FOX 40 out of Jackson MS.

Was suppose to be weekly,in 2 months 4 episodes aired.

Asked around seems I am the only one that had copies of this still. I happened to record each episode to a dvd-r as it was airing.

So ripped those DVD-rs and uploaded with the ads episode 1.

PorkChop Cash is the only name on this. But there is a pile of modern MS indie legends on the show.

The other 3 episodes of this short lived TV show will be up on youtube over the next few weeks.

I was hoping that this was TV from the Culkin's. Even though it's not it's still good to see a promotion getting some air time.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:36 PM, driver said:

I was hoping that this was TV from the Culkin's. Even though it's not it's still good to see a promotion getting some air time.

Gil swears no footage survived from when his dad was running MS.

https://youtu.be/kYBeBvcAjGs

Mississippi Championship Wrestling tv EPISODE 4 FINAL AIRED EPISODE

So if rumors are true this episode got not only MCW canceled from Fox 40 but also got MCW a nice letter from either ESPN or WWE ,depending on who is telling ya the story.

Full hour this time Air date is march 19th 2011

YOu got all kinds of stolen footage. AWA on ESPN CLASSIC airing of Brickhouse Brown vs Iceman King Parsons. Powerslam Productions,MS Indie back then,footage of Monty Warbucks vs Joe Kane. And Memphis Music video of Pork Chop Cash during his Bruise Brothers days.

Oh and the same Cassidy Riley is coming to MCW promo airs 3 times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1992 WWF Wrestling Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRhwcPaojGI

Squash wins for the Natural Disasters, Sgt. Slaughter, Shawn Michaels, Tatanka, Crush, Ric Flair

We take another look at Nailz beating down the Big Boss Man last week. Papa Shango makes a guy ooze black slime. Lots of WBF plugs. Lex Luger is called "The Total Package" on WWF TV which I'm pretty sure they never did once he started wrestling for them.