DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 3

Tabe

Apologies to Dolfan for starting this one myself but wanted to post this here and not have it buried in last week's thread:

Many of you are aware that Vandy dismissed four players for allegedly raping a fellow student.  Well, there's a lot more to the story than that, including a very strong allegation that head coach James Franklin tried to cover it up:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bobbyallyn/an-ugly-rape-case-involving-vanderbilts-football-team-could

I hate Clemson, hope they fall on their face against NC St the 19th. Sadly State's performance last week has me not feeling so confident.

South Carolina has Vandy, hopefully this will be a walk in the park compared to what it has been most years, including the most recent years of USC success. Vandy always plays us tight.

With the OkSU revelations this week, the likelihood just went up dramatically that Miles takes the first NFL offer that comes along, since it's only a matter of time until the NCAA Posse starts riding to Baton Rouge.

Or if Les likes his job in the Baton Rouge he could just but the Law Firm that helped Cam and Johnny out ;)

Alabama fans are bent out of shape over whatever allegations Yahoo Sports came up with.  Doesn't seem to be particularly damning to me, but I only skimmed a couple of articles.  Comapred to Miami and Oklahoma State, its penny ante.  As long as Alabama (along with Mississippi State and Tennessee) knew nothing, they should be OK.  And nothing I've seen suggests that any of the universities would have known.

Just lawyer up and let it blow over.  The NCAA has bigger fish to fry than some mid-level agent maybe buying a Katrina victim a bed from the scratch and dent furniture store.

Alabama fans are bent out of shape over whatever allegations Yahoo Sports came up with.  Doesn't seem to be particularly damning to me, but I only skimmed a couple of articles.  Comapred to Miami and Oklahoma State, its penny ante.  As long as Alabama (along with Mississippi State and Tennessee) knew nothing, they should be OK.  And nothing I've seen suggests that any of the universities would have known.

Just lawyer up and let it blow over.  The NCAA has bigger fish to fry than some mid-level agent maybe buying a Katrina victim a bed from the scratch and dent furniture store.

The issue Alabama fans have is if DJ Fluker is ruled ineligible by the NCAA for taking extra benefits any game he played in can be voided which would include two national championships. Alabama doesn't have to know he did anything wrong and actually can cause themselves more harm by saying they had no idea because then the NCAA can bring the Hammer of Lack of Institutional Control.  

You have to prove lack of institutional control, though.  And in this case, I'm not sure you can. This isn't Ohio State or USC, at least on the surface.  Apparently, there are some text messages that Yahoo got hold of, but they don't seem to show that the university knew anything.  Same thing with Mississippi State and Tennessee.

NCAA's soft point of attack will be there's three schools involved--more chances that some dumbnut talks.  But I suspect the ADs of all three schools are on the phone with one another, making sure the others don't open their mouths.  Also, the schools can cry SEC bias and knock off some of the heat that way.

Again, lawyer up and shut up.  Make NCAA prove their case.

Nothing is going to happen. None of the parties involved in this fall under the jurisdiction of the NCAA, so they're not going to say shit because they don't have to. One of the authors of the Yahoo story went on the radio yesterday and said that if the NCAA asked for their evidence, they would NOT give it to them because they didn't write the story to hurt college kids - they wrote it to embarrass the NCAA.

That said, I mean, come on...It's obviously true. Just like the Johnny stuff was true, and the Cam stuff was true, and Miami stuff was, and probably the OK State stuff is true, and "they were romancing each other" was true, etc. But as the saying goes, it's not what you know; it's what you can prove.

The NCAA is going to have a hard time proving this with no witnesses or evidence.

• Like 1

With the OkSU revelations this week, the likelihood just went up dramatically that Miles takes the first NFL offer that comes along, since it's only a matter of time until the NCAA Posse starts riding to Baton Rouge.

Or if Les likes his job in the Baton Rouge he could just but the Law Firm that helped Cam and Johnny out ;)

Hell Huey Long ran the state like he personal fiefdom 75 years ago and never won anything. . .ole Les will be just fine. . . lol. .  Les will be the next coach of either Tampa or Jax. . .

The only thing I want this weekend is Johnny Football celebrating a A&M Touchdown by pissing on Nick Saban's shoes. 

Or Johnny Football celebrating a touchdown by Tebowing. 

Busting out a Bear Bryant hat on the sideline would be pretty great too.

• Like 1

The only thing I want this weekend is Johnny Football celebrating a A&M Touchdown by pissing on Nick Saban's shoes. Or Johnny Football celebrating a touchdown by Tebowing.

Signing a Bear Bryant hat while tebowing and pissing on Sabins shoes would be icing on the cake.

With this being the 100th anniversary of Bear Bryant's birth, Manziel would be signing his death certificate if he did that. Some crazy Bama fan would kill him on the spot, on national TV.
I guess we're forgetting A&M has a right to Bear Bryant.
  • Like 1