DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL PRESEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Scoring individual defensive players is definitely not traditional from most fantasy leagues I've seen since what you base it on isn't as reliable as offensive stuff. Tackles, turnovers, sacks, whatever. A great player can go from 20 sacks to 3 the next year if people start scheming to stop him well enough.

Donald Trump is trying to either re-schedule or cancel the 2nd and 3rd Presidential debates because he is upset they are up against a Falcons Monday game and a Packers Sunday game. 

He said in an interview he got a letter from the NFL begging him to change the dates because they would lose too much ratings.   

The NFL has retorted that Mr. Trump is full of shit. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Donald Trump is trying to either re-schedule or cancel the 2nd and 3rd Presidential debates because he is upset they are up against a Falcons Monday game and a Packers Sunday game. 

He said in an interview he got a letter from the NFL begging him to change the dates because they would lose too much ratings.   

The NFL has retorted that Mr. Trump is full of shit. 

Trump/$hillbot 1 is probably the biggest non-sporting TV event of the year and airing as the same time as the NFL will likely hurt both audiences. Everyone is going to be watching and talking about it. And just the fact that Trump is making it into a football thread shows his influence. I'd be personally disappointed if I were a TV company if anything but the Super Bowl beat it ratings wise.

2 hours ago, rzombie1988 said:

Drumpf/$hillbot 1 is probably the biggest non-sporting TV event of the year and airing as the same time as the NFL will likely hurt both audiences. Everyone is going to be watching and talking about it. And just the fact that Drumpf is making it into a football thread shows his influence. I'd be personally disappointed if I were a TV company if anything but the Super Bowl beat it ratings wise.

.If people cared about politics, a questionably successful businessman and reality show host with no actual policy concepts and a playbook based primarily on bragging, insulting people and racism wouldn't be a viable presidential candidate. I think even a moderately interesting Sunday Night game - Jags/Raiders, say - would mop the floor with it. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

.If people cared about politics, a questionably successful businessman and reality show host with no actual policy concepts and a playbook based primarily on bragging, insulting people and racism wouldn't be a viable presidential candidate. I think even a moderately interesting Sunday Night game - Jags/Raiders, say - would mop the floor with it. 

We'll see won't we? We'll have the viewing numbers to prove it too. Hey if people actually cared, someone who stored classified emails on personal servers, is responsible for thousands of deaths and has a history of corruption like a comic book villian wouldn't be running.

6 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

We'll see won't we? We'll have the viewing numbers to prove it too. Hey if people actually cared, someone who stored classified emails on personal servers and has a history of corruption like a comic book villian wouldn't be running.

I'm gonna shush before Rippa stakes us both, but... not comparable to being completely unfit for service. And also having zero experience. And ask Atlantic City residents about corruption. 

For the record I'm a Bernie guy settling for Hillary but I'd also settle for Mitt Romney or Al Gore or George W. Bush or pretty much anyone who has any idea how to do the job before WWE Hall of Famer The Donald.

4 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

I'm gonna shush before Rippa stakes us both, but... not comparable to being completely unfit for service. And also having zero experience. And ask Atlantic City residents about corruption. 

For the record I'm a Bernie guy settling for Hillary but I'd also settle for Mitt Romney or Al Gore or George W. Bush or pretty much anyone who has any idea how to do the job before WWE Hall of Famer The Donald.

You can't support Benedict Bernie's message and support $hillbot, but he's shown that he's just as fake. Trump has tons of experience in managing and running things and I'll take that over corruption experience any day.

2 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

You can't support Benedict Bernie's message and support $hillbot, but he's shown that he's just as fake. Drumpf has tons of experience in managing and running things and I'll take that over corruption experience any day.

Running things INTO THE GROUND, you mean? Or were all six of those bankruptcies unavoidable? 

I regret starting this exchange. The Why Your Team Sucks columns this year are really good so far, eh?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

Running things INTO THE GROUND, you mean? Or were all six of those bankruptcies unavoidable? 

I regret starting this exchange. The Why Your Team Sucks columns this year are really good so far, eh?

500+ businesses, 6 fails. Pretty good numbers. $4+ billion net gain. You'd take a fraction of that in a second, I'd settle for 251 successes to 249 fails personally.

15 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

500+ businesses, 6 fails. Pretty good numbers. $4+ billion net gain. You'd take a fraction of that in a second, I'd settle for 251 successes to 249 fails personally.

I'll never know, my dad's an electrician, I doubt he gives me millions to start out. Also not sure how it applies to the presidency, but I guess that's because I think of it as a public service position not a business opportunity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vincey Greene said:

I'll never know, my dad's an electrician, I doubt he gives me millions to start out. Also not sure how it applies to the presidency, but I guess that's because I think of it as a public service position not a business opportunity.

I thought you were going to talk about football now? And you'd never get that net gain off of a $1 million dollar loan in a thousand lifetimes. You'd stop at one fail. Trump is doing us all a public service by becoming president.

Now let's go back to football.

Ya know what, get rid of Goodell to appease the critics, but then turn around and name former New Jersey school principal "Crazy" Joe Clark as his replacement.

Not the Hollywood version of "Crazy" Joe Clark that was played by Morgan Freeman in Lean On Me, but the real life Joe Clark who from all accounts was a uncompromising, micro-managing, control freak who happily gave out Permanent Expulsions to any student at East Side High who even looked at him the wrong way.

Let's see how bad Goodell is viewed with a martinet like Clark in control.  All of Goodell's critics will be happy at first because they'll have fond memories of Lean On Me (and he's African-American), but then they'll react with horror when Clark signs the NFL up for the WADA anti-doping standards and suspends Cam Newton for two years after Newton accidentally posts a video of himself drinking scotch and Nyquil out of the same glass and then extends Brady's four-game ban to an entire year "on the principal of the matter."

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic