DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Guest Edwin

Ian McCall vs. Brad Pickett is being rescheduled for the UFC FN card in Dublin, Ireland headlined by Cole Miller vs. Conor McGregor.

Bjorn is absolutely obsessed with getting a belt on Joe Warren for some reason:

Jason Floyd @Jason_Floyd 5m
Eduardo Dantas is out of Bellator 118 with a head injury. He is out indefinitely. Joe Warren now meets Rafael Silva for interim title

Well Warren was supposed to fight for the undisputed title before Dantas got hurt so either have Warren fight in a non title fight and keep Silva on the sidelines until next year waiting for his title shot or do the thing that makes the most sense.

Cyborg vs. Manhoef II is indeed going down today at Gringo Super Fight, but Combate will not air it because of their agreement with CABMMA. Basically, the commission didn't approve of Manhoef's medicals. The promoter chose to ignore the commission and go on with the show without the commission. Brazilian MMA, ladies and gentlemen. Still ghetto as ever.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Gringo Super Fight is one of the best organization names I've ever heard.

Video of that fight better makes its way on YouTube in some form.

Guest Edwin

At least Gunnar gets to slightly step up in competition.

Also Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira at the UFC FN card in New Zealand. Should be an excellent fight.

RT @HeidiFang: The Arena Ciudad de Mexico in Mexico City will host the finale. #UFC180

Velasquez vs. Werdum on 11/15 TUF Latin America finale.

Phil Harris vs. Neil Seery, Cody Donovan vs. Nikita Krylov, Tom Lawlor vs. Ilir Latifi set for UFC Fight Night in Dublin on July 19.

Guest Edwin

By the looks of that, the UFC's going to run TUF 20 with the WMMA strawweights along with TUF Latin America on Fight Pass.

There's a good chance Marlon "Chito" Vera is on TUF Latin America since Dana tweeted to him that a lot of latin fans have been pushing for him to get a chance in the UFC, so there's a good chance he's on the show. I'm not sure he could hang in the UFC even though he's been training at Jackson's MMA recently.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/48144-marlon-vera-chito

Guest Edwin

I meant TUF 20 will most likely be on TV and TUF Latin America on Fight Pass.

Considering Pettis and Gil are the coaches and the show's going to lead to the crowning of the first women's 115 lb. champion, I'm sure TUF 20's going to be on TV.

Guest Edwin

Also Claudia Gadelha, Juliana Lima and Paige VanZant are signed to the UFC, but won't be participating in TUF.

Claudia can't make 115 lbs. with such consistance, Juliana doesn't speak english and Paige doesn't have the age to participate on TUF.

Sucks because Claudia may have been the huge favorite to win the tournament. Now I'm guessing Torres vs. Jojo will be the finals if they can avoid pairing them up against each other on the show.

Guest Edwin

And sorry for the spam posts, but Paige VanZant Tweeted she's making her UFC debut this summer along with Juliana and Claudia who won't be on TUF which means the WMMA strawweights will be making their UFC debut before TUF 20 which is in September which is awesome.

There's also another unsigned fourth female strawweight that should be in the mix to complete both fights for the summer. I have a feeling one of the fights is going to be Paige vs. Juliana and Claudia vs. whoever they sign.

Guest Edwin

More TUF Brazil Wanderlei hypocrisy...

On TUF Brazil 1 he cried and made a scene because Vitor set up a fight between Rony Jason and Gasparzinho who said they didn't want to fight each other because they were friends and roomates and on TUF Brazil 3 he makes a fight between Montanha and Mirada who are also friends and training partners and they when he's signaled for his hypocrisy he tries to hide it by saying that the case is different because Montanha and Miranda aren't as close as Rony Jason and Gasparzinho.

I myself think that mentality is a bit strange to have when you're both going to competi on the same show individually, but I just thought that Wanderlei's level of hypocrisy is absurdly high at this point.

Wanderlei should never accept to coach or do any type of UFC show which isn't him fighting since he's looked really bad in this season of TUF and he should really be ashamed of himself.

Also...

Marmota is an idiot.

And...

This season and the other 2 seasons of TUF Brazil have been horrible... Don't even ask me why I keep on watching them.

So... Royce is claiming his heat with Eddie Bravo at Metamoris is that "he endorses drugs". Royce seems to have forgotten his failed steroid test.

Royce is so full of shit. His heat with Eddie was because he claims Eddie talked shit about the Gracies and he's on record for that. 

A recent Joe Rogan Experience covered this in detail as well.

Royce, and the majority of the Gracies, are the sorest fucking losers.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm very concerned Cain Velasquez won't make it to UFC 180.  I know you can't always plan a big show like, but that I really think UFC needs to think of some kind of back-up plan.  Even if it means scheduling like four other heavyweight fighters on the card.  Like make sure Mark Hunt, Junior dos Santos, etc. are all ready to go around for that card and book them in fights.