DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Guest Edwin

Aaaaaand someone on Sherdog posted Shields/Fitch would good.

Brings back memories of people all over the internet drooling over the chances of Askren fighting Shields and Fitch when he was cut by Bellator.

Aaaaaand someone on Sherdog posted Shields/Fitch would good.

I saw it on Twitter like 5 seconds after Botter broke it. People are fascinated by this, but whatever. If Palhares fights Fitch in the summer, Shields is going to get a tuneup since WSOF has virtually no one else worth giving a shit about. He might fight Burkman, but that would be too risky. Plus, WSOF seems to not give a shit about even matchups.

Guest Edwin

Any set of fights featuring Shields/Askren/Fitch would be eye gouging horrible.

I honestly have no idea what people define as good anymore.

Didn't they want Burkman to fight the Palhares/Fitch winner?  And Burkman was trying to get released from the promotion after his last fight.

That's right from what I've seen and you could change "was" to "is".

Is there any specific reason why Burkman's trying to get released?

From the way Burkman described it himself, he was trying to get another fight in to get an impressive win and leave on a high note and use that WSOF had to change his pay because they didn't have him budgeted him for that card in order to get him a fight.  Like up his value and put it to the court of public opinion.  

I like Burkman and all, and fighters have to do what they have to do to make all the money they can.  But the way he described, it did sound a little underhanded on his part.  

Guest Edwin

I really dislike MVP. I can't wait for him to step up in competition to see how good he really is.

It was hilarious seeing people compare him to Anderson Silva a while ago.

I'm actually shocked Dana is turned off by this idea.  If anything, it is a freakshow spectacle that will draw more publicity and eyeballs than they could ever hope for.  And they did do Couture vs. Toney.  

Would they even be able to do this fight under the unified rules though?  Shaq is a super heavyweight which means at minimum to fight him you have to weigh 264(with the 1 lb. weight allowance) and there is no way that Canseco is big enough to fight at SHW.