DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Just read on Sherdog that Scott Coker had plans of setting up a LW GP with DREAM fighters in Strikeforce following in the steps of their HW GP if they hadn't sold the promotion to Zuffa. The tournament was going feature Thomson, Aoki, Gil, Kawajiri and there was talks of Bibiano Fernandes moving to 155 lbs. to participate in what would've been another also LW GP. The PRIDE LW GP poster I posted previously and this would've been easily the 2 best LW tournaments of all time. It really sucks that neither one of them happened.

That Pride one looked pretty obscene. The SF one, while nice, doesn't seem all that much better (if at all) than the Bushido 9 one. Gomi, Kawajiri, Hansen, Pulver, Sakurai, Azeredo - and two rounds on the one show. God, I loved that show.

The PRIDE '07 GP (and I'm assuming because of the obvious inclusion) is just basically all these little dudes are here to be fodder for Matt Hughes (instead of fodder for Gomi at Bushido 9). Did anyone want to see Gomi lose to Matt Hughes at a catchweight of 165 pounds? That would match the "why the hell did this happen" bizarreness of Roy Jones vs. Felix Trinidad at 170 pounds.

Guest Edwin

Watching Matt Hughes run through Japanese featherweights and lightweights including Gomi and Mach again would've been awesome.

There was also some potential fights there that could've been awesome with PRIDE LW's fighting Gil and Diego.

Latifi at least has a UFC win now. He has a good shot at 2-1 vs. Lawlor.

Now if Miocic got hurt, Maldonado vs. Mondragon would right so many wrongs of UFC matchmaking in Brazil. Bitetti Combat couldn't make a more Brazilian fight than that.

Guest Edwin

Considering we already know Little Nog's pulling out, I think it'd be better if we guessed who'd step in as a late replacement against Rumble.

Considering we already know Little Nog's pulling out, I think it'd be better if we guessed who'd step in as a late replacement against Rumble.

OSP by getting moved, Feijao if he gets past Bader unscathed in June, or Shogun if he is cleared.