DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

I'm always encouraged at least by guys like Robbie Lawler, who said he doesn't even spar, and Hendricks, who said he avoided all shots to the head. According to Brendon Schaub, many fighters are avoiding shots to the head altogether, or you can't spar unless you wear headgear. I was a little surprised to learn that even today, fighters would still want to train without headgear.

Guest Edwin

Considering he has one fight left on his Bellator contract I believe, I highly doubt it. I think he's just referring that Bellator's still going to run another future PPV with him headlining in a title unification fight against the winner of Chandler vs. Ill Will.

Urijah Faber could be destroying Alex Caceres on a UFC event next.

In a org known for favorable Faber matchmaking, that fight might be the champ.

Who at 135 not named Barao and Cruz can beat Faber? He already beat the last two non-Faber guys (McDonald and Wineland) to challenge for the belt. Plus, he has a victory over the true number 1 contender in Assuncao. Coming off of an extreme layoff from knee injuries, I wouldn't favor Cruz over Faber in the rubber match.

I agree there's no one in the division aside from Barao who can beat Faber.

Before his injuries, Dominick Cruz. It would be amazing if Cruz can comeback close to what he was pre injuries. With the time off and his style though, it's going to be really difficult.

Cruz is probably not going to get back to the status he was prior to his injury, at best he can work his way up to being a title contender again but no way can he beat Barao since he can't even make it through a training camp after being out of action for 2+ years.  Not even sure if Cruz will be able to get past the Michael McDonald's and Raphael Assuncao's to get a title shot again.

Faber vs. Caceres is going down at UFC 175.  I figured that since that already has plenty of main card fights that it would've ended up on the FOX card instead but at least they have plenty of backup in case of injuries to keep the card top notch.  You already have 2 title fights with Weidman/Machida and Rousey/Davis and Chael/Sonnen which are all co-main event or higher fights.  Then Caceres/Faber, Struve/Mitrione and Hall/Santos which are all main card quality fights.

Who at 135 not named Barao and Cruz can beat Faber? He already beat the last two non-Faber guys (McDonald and Wineland) to challenge for the belt. Plus, he has a victory over the true number 1 contender in Assuncao. Coming off of an extreme layoff from knee injuries, I wouldn't favor Cruz over Faber in the rubber match.

Well, Johnny Eduardo just starched Eddie Wineland in under a round.  That is a fight that makes more sense for Faber that Caceres.

Guest Edwin

Faber should have no problem with Caceres.

I can see Jacaré wanting to step up in competition, but calling out Vitor maybe a bad idea.

Also Kyle Kingsbury has opted to undo his retirement and has decided to make a return set for UFC on FOX 12. Opponent TBA though.

Well, Johnny Eduardo just starched Eddie Wineland in under a round.  That is a fight that makes more sense for Faber that Caceres.

They might want to make something out of Eduardo. Faber fighting him is only going to end like most non-title Faber fights.