DVDVR Message Board

FMW 12/22 25th Anniversary show

mikedikk

He looked better than some of the other guys they dug up (though he kind of looked like he was wearing a wig, but since thats probably impossible when you're DEATH MATCH RASSLIN, i guess maybe just heavily dyed). I will say, I'm so surprised the Headhunters are still alive/not handicap/look pretty good for their age and that FMW wasted money on flying them to Japan just to do this sleazy sleazy show. 

Just for the record. This show did really well drawing 1800 fans for a Korakuen Hall show which these days barely any promotion besides New Japan or Dragon Gate can hit. That is really impressive as the place was legit packed. So you can't say they wasted money bringing The Headhunters in for two shows when the main show they were brought in and promoted for did really well. They looked good for their age and considering they were not that good 20 years ago.

Also, this was not a one show thing. They have been promoting 2-4 shows every month since April and they will be returning to Korakuen in February due to this show being such a success. They created six man titles because every main event is pretty much a 6 man match which those matches are a lot more fun live than watching on tape.

• Like 1

Impressive to hit it for the show (probably more fair at this point to compare it to say Real Japan or Legend if they still exist than promotions that run the venue a few times a month), it will be interesting to see if they can maintain it. Nostalgic sometimes has staying power but it usually doesn't, it was an interesting little show though. I always root for sleazy shit so I hope they keep airing the shows also.