DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

59 minutes ago, jstout said:

Yeah, I always paid it. Screw it, I'm rich, what's 500 caps? Saved me the trouble of killing Super Mutant Nos. 2,505-2,509.

I've cleaned out Medford Hospital so much it's ridiculous. If they're going to give you these repetitive quests, they should at least be at different locations.

39 minutes ago, CSC said:

I wish I could throw around 500 caps like it's nothing.  

I'm lucky to have enough to keep me in all the bullets I need for my favorite weapons.

If you're not gonna go into the water-purification business, a good way to make some caps is to go all post-apocalypse Walter White and make Jet. Plastic and fertilizer are easy to come by, and you can sell the Jet you make for around 28-34 caps apiece. Kaching! Plus you get a tiny bit of XP for each container of Jet you make.

I really should start with the whole water purification thing.  I already have one in the lake in Sactuary and could easily add a few more to really increase production.

58 minutes ago, CSC said:

I really should start with the whole water purification thing.  I already have one in the lake in Sactuary and could easily add a few more to really increase production.

You can add an insane amount there.  I get more than a thousand bottles every time I stop by the workbench, and I'm sure I didn't max it out.

I did learn the hard way that item counts roll over if you exceed 65536 of something in your inventory.  Had to go back to an earlier save after that wiped out most of my water stash.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - but if you really want experience, you probably shouldn't be bribing your way out of fights

That's the only reason I don't do the bribes.  I need to shoot more mutants, so I can level up and become better at shooting mutants.

Right now I'm at level 56 on my main - pretty much done and just working on a settlement at the Starlight Drive-In and filling out perks so I can make better robots and such.

I'm trying to level MacCready up for his perk but it's going so damn slow.  Any idea how to get him to suck less?

Once he's maxed, I'm dumping him in a field and building a robot tank.

21 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm trying to level MacCready up for his perk but it's going so damn slow.  Any idea how to get him to suck less?

Besides just wandering around with him - I did just exploit stealing with him to make the process go quicker

But once I got his perk - I never used him again.

Of course - that was when the perk was broken as fuck. It isn't as much fun now.

Another good way to get caps is just pick an ammo type or two you're never going to use, farm it and sell it. I never use .38 ammo and hardly ever use .10 and those are pretty common to find on dead raiders and super mutants. Also, keep track of where you find the Fat Man nuke launchers and missile launchers in various places. They respawn and you can sell those for a few hundred caps a pop.

Bethesda is saying that the Far Harbor expansion will be bigger than the "Shimmering Isles" expansion for Oblivion (which I have been told was pretty god damned massive, never played it myself)

Finally did Defend the Castle. I thought it was fun though I didn't get to do as much as I hoped as Sarge 2.0 just completely massacred one of the sides where enemies were coming from. He made the artillery mostly pointless.

51 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Bethesda is saying that the Far Harbor expansion will be bigger than the "Shimmering Isles" expansion for Oblivion (which I have been told was pretty god damned massive, never played it myself)

Never played through Oblivion so I have no idea how large Shivering Isles was, but to be specific it was said to be a larger landmass. The actual amount of quest and whatnot is smaller.

The Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim was pretty big. This Far Harbor DLC is a whole new state, right?

Jesus, the explosive shotgun plus cranking up the explosion perk equals sheer death for anything you come across. I did panic and whip out the ol' MIRV nuke launcher when a mirelurk queen was getting ready to snack on me, but everything else got the ol' explosive shotgun enema.

It's the perfect weapon for when somebody's trying to climb up your ass and you're waiting for VATS to recharge - firing from the hip at close range is just incredibly damaging, and I still have one level to go before I've maxed out the explosives perk. I'm both dying to know and don't really wanna know what happens then. I'm already blasting mirelurks into the air like punting a football.

Plus, there's shotgun ammo all over the Commonwealth, so you're constantly finding new ammo.

Now you know why its so beloved, wounding as well though not quite as much. The great things about the shotgun is the effects are for each damn pellet. Its honestly a broken weapon when given such effects, but damn is it fun to use. Other horribly fun broken weapons include the explosive/wounding minigun and plasmathrower.

Came across my first real game breaking bug today when I tried entering the Pickman Gallery, everything froze up and then I tried to reload the save it wouldn't.

Thankfully I've listened to everyone and have a million different saves and didn't lose that much but still now I'm extra paranoid.

I had a pretty bad glitch while playing the last mission of Automatron. When I was fighting the Mechanist's robots at the end, I thought it would be a good idea to shoot them while they were still on the overhead harnesses and before they dropped. Apparently that causes the quest to glitch where you don't get the last wave of robots or something like that b/c The Mechanist will just endlessly spawn mines and the Tesla arcs and yell about getting the power back on. No way to fix it from what I've read, just have to reload an older save.

Not that you necessarily want to, but you know know you can avoid that last fight, right?

Anyways finally did the Nuclear Option and beat the game with the Minutemen. I was hoping to do it once with the BOS as well while keeping the RR alive though I screwed up the way to do that. Thought it was pretty nice on the whole. With that done I'm checkig out post-game reactions and plan to hit up Vault 75 before leaving things alone for a while. Not sure what I will do next, maybe more Destiny (still haven't done DLC missions/story). Dragon Quest Heroes, or replay DAI with access to the DLC this time around. Hell with FFXV coming in September maybe I should finally restart and beat FFXIII.

For some reason my Radio Freedom has stopped working and Preston is missing.

EDIT: And both are back now. It seems to be some weird glitch related to equipping the automatic laser musket made by Sturges. That annoy the hell out of as its the version I've actually found useful and fun enough to keep. I have to equip different one again to fix things.

No clue on specific builds but you'd want rifleman for sure. And depending on if you go full vats or not would determine how much agility and perception you'd need.

I cannot wait for this new survival overhaul. I stopped playing last week until it drops. It should hit in a week or two since the big beta patch with it went up. 

If you want to learn more about the new survival mode check here https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4s-all-new-survival-mode/2016/03/29/96