DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Flyers and Philly police have both said their reviews have found this allegation to be meritless.

Gritty, in an act of unspeakable magnanimity, will release their families, unharmed. 

• Haha 1

The story makes no sense.  At a group photo shoot, the mascot gets up out of his chair, runs across the room, and slugs a kid in the back and NO ONE saw it?  Yep, seems legit.

• 2 weeks later...

As if there was any doubt.  Yeah, the mascot - at a public meet & greet - ran across the room and punched a 13 year-old kid and there's no witnesses and no video?  Yeah, seems legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Carcillo-Biz thing on Twitter: Am I really supposed to believe a guy who works for the official sports site for bros who want to rape coeds has the moral high ground on ANYTHING? 

On 2/4/2020 at 10:57 AM, Tabe said:

As if there was any doubt.  Yeah, the mascot - at a public meet & greet - ran across the room and punched a 13 year-old kid and there's no witnesses and no video?  Yeah, seems legit.

honestly, I preferred imagining that yeah, he did do that, but the kid was being such a shit that everyone simultaneously decided "that's cool" and no one rolled over.

18 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

honestly, I preferred imagining that yeah, he did do that, but the kid was being such a shit that everyone simultaneously decided "that's cool" and no one rolled over.

I like your version better.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Social Media is essentially just a Venus Flytrap for celebrities to fall into and destroy their careers. If you are going to say something horribly stupid and offensive and do it via any form of social media, phone call or text you deserve what you get just for being stupid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Do people not think most pro athletes talk like this in private? 

I think most people probably think they have been media trained to know better in 2020.

unless it’s the quotes dug up from guys were teens.

Edited by odessasteps

Of course what he said is deplorable but I think we can count on our fingers and toes people who haven't said dumb shit in private conversations. Like I'd slap a friend for saying half that shit but that wasn't meant for public consumption. I just expect athletes to be dumbass jocks who view others with some level of disdain for not dedicating themselves to being in incredible shape. The shit bird who released the message about Pearson's wife is just as scummy as the jabroni in question. How do you think she's feeling right now? In general, I don't think the large majority of us are ready for social media and all the perils that come with it. Democratization of messaging sounds lovely in theory but here we are. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I really cannot think of the last time MIlbury made a comment on TV I found insightful. If this latest incident is the match that finally lights the fire, great.

It's incredibly disappointing to me that a machine as large and powerful as NBC continuously seems to find the likes of a Roenick or Milburry. There's got to be better out there just throwing darts at the wall.

25 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I really cannot think of the last time MIlbury made a comment on TV I found insightful. If this latest incident is the match that finally lights the fire, great.

It's incredibly disappointing to me that a machine as large and powerful as NBC continuously seems to find the likes of a Roenick or Milburry. There's got to be better out there just throwing darts at the wall.

The thing is that they were specifically hired for their propensity to say outlandish and controversial things, so I agree with Phil Mushnick that the networks firing them for fulfilling the terms of what they were hired to do is incredibly hypocritical. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...